SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Wild gearing up for a run

Created by: Hamcity
Published: Feb. 3, 2022 at 6:28 p.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 85/200 (43%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kessel, PhilArizona CoyotesNHL-$2,890,000111---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Rask, VictorMinnesota WildNHL-$1,700,000111---0000--
2022 2nd round pick (Logo of the Minnesota WildMIN)---010------
2022 5th round pick (Logo of the Minnesota WildMIN)---001------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$7,015,46623466951412
Change$1,190,000000011
Final$8,205,466 (↑)234669515 (↑)13 (↑)000

Logo of the Minnesota WildMinnesota Wild

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Rask, VictorMinnesota WildNHL-$1,700,000111---0000--
2022 2nd round pick (Logo of the Minnesota WildMIN)---010------
2022 5th round pick (Logo of the Minnesota WildMIN)---001------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kessel, PhilArizona CoyotesNHL-$2,890,000111---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$2,270,2762344623612
Change-$1,190,0000000-1-1
Final$1,080,276 (↓)23446235 (↓)11 (↓)000
Feb. 3, 2022 at 6:32 p.m.
Banned
We don't need or want phil Kessel! We don't need Wingers. He had his chance and blocked a trade here. We will keep Rask whose a free agent at year end and our picks!
Feb. 3, 2022 at 6:49 p.m.
Quoting: GabrielJ
We don't need or want phil Kessel! We don't need Wingers. He had his chance and blocked a trade here. We will keep Rask whose a free agent at year end and our picks!

I can’t speak on the blocked trade stuff, but in terms of trading for him it’s not about need. It’s about trying to give your team every advantage heading into the playoffs. Kessel has 29 points in 45 games on a coyotes team that is absolutely terrible. He’d be an asset for the right price to any contender. Contending teams (and I do believe the wild want to make a run this year) aren’t concerned with every single pick. It’s about winning!
Feb. 3, 2022 at 6:55 p.m.
Banned
Edited Feb. 3, 2022 at 7:03 p.m.. Reason: Edit : added
Quoting: Sam_A
I can’t speak on the blocked trade stuff, but in terms of trading for him it’s not about need. It’s about trying to give your team every advantage heading into the playoffs. Kessel has 29 points in 45 games on a coyotes team that is absolutely terrible. He’d be an asset for the right price to any contender. Contending teams (and I do believe the wild want to make a run this year) aren’t concerned with every single pick. It’s about winning!

There's need, and winning. Zero chance wild are trading for an older Winger, trading for a Winger all together when part of the reason Minnesota is winning is we got younger at Winger and stacked if them. Kessel isn't needed and yes, teams consider needs. You know considering our gm.has turned down numerous Winger trade! Also we don't have need or room for Wingers, so just respect it.

Kaprizov, Zuccarello
Fiala, boldy
Foligno/ greenway
Duhaime/ dewar

So no thanks to Kessel. Wild aren't trying to get Winger or older. Like many have said, wild have to many Wingers
Feb. 3, 2022 at 7:04 p.m.
And you are wrong considering we don't have need or room! You know considering our gm.has turned down numerous Winger trade! Also we don't have need or room for Wingers, so just respect it.

Kaprizov, Zuccarello
Fiala, boldy
Foligno/ greenway
Duhaime/ dewar

So no thanks to Kessel. Wild aren't trying to get Winger or older. Like many have said, wild have to many Wingers

There’s no such thing as having "too many" good players, especially when you want to go on a deep run. Kessel is an experienced vet, cup winner and a consistent scorer. Could be of great use down the stretch if the team continues to have Boldy penciled in, a young gun who’s barely played in the NHL, never mind the playoffs. Dewar could easily be bumped out, and foligno moved down. I do respect an argument of maybe the assets could be better used for other needs, but not because theres no room.
Feb. 3, 2022 at 7:13 p.m.
Banned
Edited Feb. 3, 2022 at 7:20 p.m.
There’s no such thing as having "too many" good players, especially when you want to go on a deep run. Kessel is an experienced vet, cup winner and a consistent scorer. Could be of great use down the stretch if the team continues to have Boldy penciled in, a young gun who’s barely played in the NHL, never mind the playoffs. Dewar could easily be bumped out, and foligno moved down. I do respect an argument of maybe the assets could be better used for other needs, but not because theres no room.

The notion that you a Canucks fan won't accept we don't need Wingers is funny. Didn't know that one needs experience to play in playoffs? Does rookies never play?
I guess you know better than our gm who has rejected numerous Winger proposals right? Phil Kessel isn't wanted on wild no matter what you think. You not watching wild shows you really are blind to our need. It's not only about assets. Foligno & greenway aren't getting bumped down. They play in 3rd line with Joel Eriksson Ek.

Connor dewar and duhaime are one of the best 4th line in the NHL. Again boldy plays with fiala and isn't getting send down. Just accept we for a fact don't need Wingers specifically Kessel whose old and slow also. . Minnesota didn't bring up dewar to sit him.
Feb. 3, 2022 at 7:21 p.m.
Dude you not watching wild shows you really are blind to our need. It's not only about assets. Foligno & greenway aren't getting bumped down. They play in 3rd line with Joel Eriksson Ek.

Connor dewar and duhaime are one of the best 4th line in the NHL. Again boldy plays with fiala and isn't getting send down. Just accept we for a fact don't need Wingers specifically Kessel whose old and slow also. . Minnesota didn't bring up dewar to sit him.

Dewar has played 14 games in the NHL. If you think he brings more to a team than Phil Kessel than I truly don’t know what to say. Once again, if the assets could be better used to fill team needs that are more important than that’s fair. But you can never have too many good players. Especially when the playoffs are so long and gruelling, and there’s players high up in the lineup with almost no pro experience. That’s just my opinion.
Feb. 3, 2022 at 7:26 p.m.
Banned
Dewar has played 14 games in the NHL. If you think he brings more to a team than Phil Kessel than I truly don’t know what to say. Once again, if the assets could be better used to fill team needs that are more important than that’s fair. But you can never have too many good players. Especially when the playoffs are so long and gruelling, and there’s players high up in the lineup with almost no pro experience. That’s just my opinion.

And Kessel wouldn't play on this wild team. No matter what you think players like boldy isn't getting pushed down. Wild aren't taking apart 3rd line of Joel Eriksson Ek, greenway and foligno line
Wild aren't going to trade for Kessel, a slow older player to play on 4th line when speed , and younger has become our 4th line. Clearly we don't care about experience.
Feb. 3, 2022 at 7:35 p.m.
And Kessel wouldn't play on this wild team. No matter what you think players like boldy isn't getting pushed down. Wild aren't taking apart 3rd line of Joel Eriksson Ek, greenway and foligno line
Wild aren't going to trade for Kessel, a slow older player to play on 4th line when speed , and younger has become our 4th line. Clearly we don't care about experience.

Teams don’t value experience as much in the regular season as they do come playoff time. If you have followed the NHL for a while, you will know this, because contending teams make trades of this nature every, single, year. What happens if a player relied upon to score, like Fiala or Kapri/Zuc get injured? (Which happens a lot) or young players like Boldy who have never experienced the playoffs before go cold? That’s why teams make these kind of trades every year. Depth matters. You can never have too many good players!
Feb. 3, 2022 at 7:45 p.m.
Banned
Teams don’t value experience as much in the regular season as they do come playoff time. If you have followed the NHL for a while, you will know this, because contending teams make trades of this nature every, single, year. What happens if a player relied upon to score, like Fiala or Kapri/Zuc get injured? (Which happens a lot) or young players like Boldy who have never experienced the playoffs before go cold? That’s why teams make these kind of trades every year. Depth matters. You can never have too many good players!

And again wild have that in Iowa. Minnesota under Guerin has always played rookie including going back to last year's playoffs when Calen addison played. Our gm doesn't care for experience even in the playoffs. Again though we aren't bringing innate player, much less an older slower one which is the reason he got rid of staal. Speed and bringing in younger players have been our identity under Guerin and coaching staff
Feb. 3, 2022 at 7:51 p.m.
And again wild have that in Iowa. Minnesota under Guerin has always played rookie including going back to last year's playoffs when Calen addison played. Our gm doesn't care for experience even in the playoffs. Again though we aren't bringing innate player, much less an older slower one which is the reason he got rid of staal. Speed and bringing in younger players have been our identity under Guerin and coaching staff

Addison played 3 games… you know who played 7? Bonino, a 32 yr old vet who’s had speed concerns and is much less prolific than Kessel … but is a cup winner! I think management will probably target a C before another winger, but I still wouldn’t be shocked if they brought a vet in if the price is right!
Feb. 3, 2022 at 7:58 p.m.

In order to survive the playoffs you need depth and experience. This trade is ideal for MIN. I understand the past history between Kessel and the Wild, but this team has as good as any to come out of the West. And this is a STEAL for MIN. It's perfect for their timeline. A scoring winger that can elevate a mediocre PP (currently ranked 17th), who's a UFA after this season, so it doesn't hurt future cap. And it only costs you a a second and a fifth, while clearing the cap hit of a useless player. There's no downside to this. Even if he pulls a Nick Foligno and only plays 1 playoff game, it still doesn't hurt. Why? Cause you didn't give up a first or a young asset, and you made your team better for a short while.
He'll help the team even if he only plays 10 minutes a night, with most of them being on the PP. He's also a wiley vet that can step up if one of the young guys falters or isn't ready for the pressures of the playoffs.

I get it, you love your wingers and all your young guys. But this scenario would be an opportunity Guerin couldn't pass up.

And just think, if they trade for him, you might get a free hotdog night at the arena if he scores!
Hamcity liked this.
Feb. 3, 2022 at 8:02 p.m.
Quoting: Dutchies
In order to survive the playoffs you need depth and experience. This trade is ideal for MIN. I understand the past history between Kessel and the Wild, but this team has as good as any to come out of the West. And this is a STEAL for MIN. It's perfect for their timeline. A scoring winger that can elevate a mediocre PP (currently ranked 17th), who's a UFA after this season, so it doesn't hurt future cap. And it only costs you a a second and a fifth, while clearing the cap hit of a useless player. There's no downside to this. Even if he pulls a Nick Foligno and only plays 1 playoff game, it still doesn't hurt. Why? Cause you didn't give up a first or a young asset, and you made your team better for a short while.
He'll help the team even if he only plays 10 minutes a night, with most of them being on the PP. He's also a wiley vet that can step up if one of the young guys falters or isn't ready for the pressures of the playoffs.

I get it, you love your wingers and all your young guys. But this scenario would be an opportunity Guerin couldn't pass up.

And just think, if they trade for him, you might get a free hotdog night at the arena if he scores!

Thanks Dutchies! I knew I wasn’t crazy! 😂
Dutchies liked this.
Feb. 3, 2022 at 10:05 p.m.
Banned
Thanks Dutchies! I knew I wasn’t crazy! 😂

I mean you are straight up wrong. Minnesota isn't trading for Kessel to play on 4th line, and wild aren't separating their top 6. Just stop trying to send Winger, specifically Kessel to wild.
Feb. 3, 2022 at 10:10 p.m.
Banned

You are so wrong about wild struggling on powerpkay .apparently you and others who aren't wild fans think you know more about us and Winger than fans, or Guerin who has rejected Winger trades offers from other teams. Wild are in fact top in power play since Nov 24. There's nobody in our top 6 Kessel is better than, sure as heck isn't needed or wanted to play bottom line. We don't need Wingers. We don't want Kessel..thank god non wild fans like yourself aren't Guerin who himself knows wild don't need Wingers,, and refused any calls offering Winger. Kessel is hated in Minnesota now, and even our media laughs at him.
Facts about Wild's powerplay:

Since Nov. 20, #mnwild rank first in the NHL in road power-play goals (13) and third in road power-play percentage (30.9).

— Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) February 3, 2022
Feb. 3, 2022 at 10:19 p.m.
You are so wrong about wild struggling on powerpkay .apparently you and others who aren't wild fans think you know more about us and Winger than fans, or Guerin who has rejected Winger trades offers from other teams. Wild are in fact top in power play since Nov 24. There's nobody in our top 6 Kessel is better than, sure as heck isn't needed or wanted to play bottom line. We don't need Wingers. We don't want Kessel..thank god non wild fans like yourself aren't Guerin who himself knows wild don't need Wingers,, and refused any calls offering Winger. Davys about Wild's powerplay:

Since Nov. 20, #mnwild rank first in the NHL in road power-play goals (13) and third in road power-play percentage (30.9).

— Michael Russo (RussoHockey) February 3, 2022

Based on this quote, they must really suck on the powerplay at home, cause their rank as of today is 17th in the NHL total. And that's not a beat writer / blogger quote, that's cold hard NHL facts.

But it's obvious you hold a high ranking front office job with the Wild, since you seem to know the inner workings of Bill Guerin's mind and his best laid plans. Try not to get fired by giving him bad advice.
Hamcity liked this.
Feb. 3, 2022 at 10:57 p.m.
Banned
Based on this quote, they must really suck on the powerplay at home, cause their rank as of today is 17th in the NHL total. And that's not a beat writer / blogger quote, that's cold hard NHL facts.

But it's obvious you hold a high ranking front office job with the Wild, since you seem to know the inner workings of Bill Guerin's mind and his best laid plans. Try not to get fired by giving him bad advice.

Yeah Maybe because powrplay rankins especially when teams start bad are slow to go up. But it's fact based where wild are since late nov.
Feb. 3, 2022 at 10:58 p.m.
Yeah Maybe because powrplay rankins especially when teams start bad are slow to go up. But it's fact based where wild are since late nov.

ON. THE. ROAD.
Feb. 4, 2022 at 5:53 a.m.
Edited Feb. 4, 2022 at 6:01 a.m.
You are so wrong about wild struggling on powerpkay .apparently you and others who aren't wild fans think you know more about us and Winger than fans, or Guerin who has rejected Winger trades offers from other teams. Wild are in fact top in power play since Nov 24. There's nobody in our top 6 Kessel is better than, sure as heck isn't needed or wanted to play bottom line. We don't need Wingers. We don't want Kessel..thank god non wild fans like yourself aren't Guerin who himself knows wild don't need Wingers,, and refused any calls offering Winger. Kessel is hated in Minnesota now, and even our media laughs at him.
Facts about Wild's powerplay:

— Michael Russo (RussoHockey) February 3, 2022

I never ever said what is more known about the team than anyone else, all I’ve done is defend the logic of this trade, because some of the arguments you’ve made against it seem to be rooted in bias. Just because your teams top 6 is playing well at the moment, doesn’t mean it wouldn’t benefit to add more players! Teams gearing up for the playoffs in a similar situation as the wild are make trades like this all the time. Not saying this one in particular is going to happen, but something like this wouldn’t shock me whatsoever, because thats how the nhl works
Mar. 19, 2022 at 7:15 p.m.
ON. THE. ROAD.

GabrielJ was right … they didn’t trade for Kessel… but was wrong about "not trading for a winger" … they just traded a 3rd for Deslauriers instead… Lmao 😂
Dutchies liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll