Published: Feb. 7, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
PHI
  1. Coyle, Charlie
  2. Frederic, Trent
  3. 2023 1st round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
Pick is top 10 protected unless he resigns in Boston.
BOS
  1. Subban, P.K. ($4,500,000 retained)
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$75,734,841$1,956,507$582,500$5,765,159
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,137,500$4,137,500
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 1
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$1,533,333$1,533,333
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,375,000$2,375,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 3
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
UFA - 6
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,800,000$3,800,000
LW, C, RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$733,333$733,333 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 7, 2022 at 10:02 a.m.
Flyers decline, Subban is washed, too much for Crouse IMO.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 10:07 a.m.
Devils likely wouldn't ask for Mike Reilly back, so Bruins could keep him. Unless its a salary move, I guess.
And Studnicka would be interesting. Another name I saw pop up previously for NJD is Brady Lyle. I know nothing about him, to be honest.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 10:08 a.m.
Quoting: Erikkef
Flyers decline, Subban is washed, too much for Crouse IMO.

I am not sure about Flyers... if Bergeron retires could easily be a good pick. He controls where and I feel like he would either end up back in Philly or a contender. Bruins would be one of few who could afford to resign.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 10:15 a.m.
original jets fan
Too much for Crouse? Its actually pretty bad. A lot of stuff for Crouse but no value.

No interest in DeBrusk becasue of the qualifying offer required, Moore is 31, Sensyshyn is a AHL tweener. The Coyotes already have 5 2nd round picks, all 5 will be better than the Bruins pick.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 10:15 a.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Devils likely wouldn't ask for Mike Reilly back, so Bruins could keep him. Unless its a salary move, I guess.
And Studnicka would be interesting. Another name I saw pop up previously for NJD is Brady Lyle. I know nothing about him, to be honest.

Reilly is a salary move and redundancy is Boston. Good offensively, but not better than McAvoy or Grzelcyk. He is a perfect PP2 qb.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 10:25 a.m.
Quoting: Jets1pt0
Too much for Crouse? Its actually pretty bad. A lot of stuff for Crouse but no value.

No interest in DeBrusk becasue of the qualifying offer required, Moore is 31, Sensyshyn is a AHL tweener. The Coyotes already have 5 2nd round picks, all 5 will be better than the Bruins pick.

A few things you are overlooking. Debrusk has had a better career than Crouse. By a lot. Az isn't trying to win. Who cares if their current picks are better. It's one more chance.

They are also something like 50m under the Cap next year with 5 guys under contract (chychrun is one). They need to get to floor. Az is not a FA destination, sure they can overpay, but in this scenario, they get assets for the overpaid contract.

Debrusk is almost perferct for that reason. They can pay his QO (1year) and give him top6 and pp minutes. His mistakes will not be magnified and they can resign if they like him or Flip next deadline.

AZ needs players. They want ALL the picks they can get.

Same with Senyshyn. They can play him in the NHL. He is better than people think. Not a star, but a Dan paille type if given the chance.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 10:30 a.m.
original jets fan
Quoting: Propeller09
A few things you are overlooking. Debrusk has had a better career than Crouse. By a lot. Az isn't trying to win. Who cares if their current picks are better. It's one more chance.

They are also something like 50m under the Cap next year with 5 guys under contract (chychrun is one). They need to get to floor. Az is not a FA destination, sure they can overpay, but in this scenario, they get assets for the overpaid contract.

Debrusk is almost perferct for that reason. They can pay his QO (1year) and give him top6 and pp minutes. His mistakes will not be magnified and they can resign if they like him or Flip next deadline.

AZ needs players. They want ALL the picks they can get.

Same with Senyshyn. They can play him in the NHL. He is better than people think. Not a star, but a Dan paille type if given the chance.

I was not overlooking any of what you posted. If the Bruins want Crouse - who has been great in the desert this year - you will need to offer someone substantial. Cap dumps are welcome but there needs to be someone with a promising future included.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 11:34 a.m.
Edited Feb. 7, 2022 at 11:53 a.m.
Quoting: Jets1pt0
I was not overlooking any of what you posted. If the Bruins want Crouse - who has been great in the desert this year - you will need to offer someone substantial. Cap dumps are welcome but there needs to be someone with a promising future included.

Debrusk for Crouse
Senyshyn for O'brien
2nd for taking moore (who is a fine 6th dman) . It's 2.75m. Money they will need to spend regardless.

They are 51m under the cap. I am.sure they could sign Loui for one more year - heck give him 8m.

Or they could get a former 1st rd pick who is a good 6th/7th d - who could play into a 5 if given the chance, and they get
a 2nd rd pick.

AZ is in trouble. Nobody will sign there with the current situation unless you massively overpay. If they keep losing, they won't improve their situation. Hence the hoading of picks. It's really the only way.

They need to model Ott.

They need stink one more year and get Bedard. They need to stay promising though with their picks this year.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 3:13 p.m.
Too much in the Coyotes trade. Crouse is a bottom-6 player that yould would need to overpay. O'Brien is an AHLer.

Coyle would not waive. Good to include Frederic. Can't have a "if player re-sign" as condition since last year.

Subban is a 6/7th D. He is not better than any of the Bruins regulars. Studnicka and Reilly separately are an overpay. both together? That's way too much. Don't see anyone who signed last year getting moved just 6-7 months later.
At best, Subban should be worth a 5th with half retention but I don't think Bruins should target him; I personally prefer targeting a good defenseman defensively which Subban is not at all.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 6:33 p.m.
Briere Masterclass
None of these assets are particularly valuable to the Flyers. Frederic is a player who looks like a career bottom 6 grinder, a mid to late first, and a bad contract. Flyers want more pieces like Beecher, Debrusk, or primarily Studnicka
Propeller09 liked this.
Feb. 8, 2022 at 10:33 a.m.
Quoting: bhavikp27
Too much in the Coyotes trade. Crouse is a bottom-6 player that yould would need to overpay. O'Brien is an AHLer.

Coyle would not waive. Good to include Frederic. Can't have a "if player re-sign" as condition since last year.

Subban is a 6/7th D. He is not better than any of the Bruins regulars. Studnicka and Reilly separately are an overpay. both together? That's way too much. Don't see anyone who signed last year getting moved just 6-7 months later.
At best, Subban should be worth a 5th with half retention but I don't think Bruins should target him; I personally prefer targeting a good defenseman defensively which Subban is not at all.

I am not sure I agree with most of this. I Think Coyle would waive for Philly. He only has a 10 team NTC. I know they aren't in the best place now, but it's the Flyers. Legit hockey town. Close to Boston and I am like 99% sure him and Kevin Hayes are Real close.

Remove the if he resigns. Top 10 protected. Still a smart deal for Philly being 2023 pick. Of 2023 is in the top 10 so will 2024 cause it means Bergeron retired, they didn't replace him and Pasta walked.

I don't think Az is an overpay either.
Debrusk for Crouse. Debrusk is better, but you can't ignore 5m QO. He is far more expensive. 27g Debrusk woth it. 14g Debrusk is not, so he ends up UFA. Senyshyn has no real value and has publically asked out. He has a far higher ceiling, no doubt, but if he is anything more than Dan Paille I would be shocked. Taking moore is the 2nd. I guess a third?

You aren't giving Subban enough credit. He is better than Forbort (similar) and especially Reilly and Clifton. For Nj to eat half of his salary it's at least a 3rd. Reilly is a dump. Vaakanianan and Zboril can play. Reilly has some upside but paid too much and his what he is good at is a redundancy. Lohrei and Achan are very close to ready as well, or will be by end of Reilly's contract. agree it's a bad look to move so quickly, but he was their FA. Feel like it's better than say Fortbort or Foligno coming from somewhere else.

I am down on Studnicka. He had every chance to take it. He hasn't seen. Steen did. Zboril did. Vaakanianan did. Blidh did.

I was very high on Studnicka. I am losing that hope. He is 23 next week and is not a ppg player in AHL. Pastrnak had (2) 70pt seasons, an 80pt season and a 95pt season by that age. Debrusk had 62 of his 74 goals by that age. From what I've seen he deserves more of a shot, but...
Feb. 8, 2022 at 10:48 a.m.
I am not sure I agree with most of this. I Think Coyle would waive for Philly. He only has a 10 team NTC. I know they aren't in the best place now, but it's the Flyers. Legit hockey town. Close to Boston and I am like 99% sure him and Kevin Hayes are Real close.

Remove the if he resigns. Top 10 protected. Still a smart deal for Philly being 2023 pick. Of 2023 is in the top 10 so will 2024 cause it means Bergeron retired, they didn't replace him and Pasta walked.

I don't think Az is an overpay either.
Debrusk for Crouse. Debrusk is better, but you can't ignore 5m QO. He is far more expensive. 27g Debrusk woth it. 14g Debrusk is not, so he ends up UFA. Senyshyn has no real value and has publically asked out. He has a far higher ceiling, no doubt, but if he is anything more than Dan Paille I would be shocked. Taking moore is the 2nd. I guess a third?

You aren't giving Subban enough credit. He is better than Forbort (similar) and especially Reilly and Clifton. For Nj to eat half of his salary it's at least a 3rd. Reilly is a dump. Vaakanianan and Zboril can play. Reilly has some upside but paid too much and his what he is good at is a redundancy. Lohrei and Achan are very close to ready as well, or will be by end of Reilly's contract. agree it's a bad look to move so quickly, but he was their FA. Feel like it's better than say Fortbort or Foligno coming from somewhere else.

I am down on Studnicka. He had every chance to take it. He hasn't seen. Steen did. Zboril did. Vaakanianan did. Blidh did.

I was very high on Studnicka. I am losing that hope. He is 23 next week and is not a ppg player in AHL. Pastrnak had (2) 70pt seasons, an 80pt season and a 95pt season by that age. Debrusk had 62 of his 74 goals by that age. From what I've seen he deserves more of a shot, but...

Why would Coyle want to leave a team in win-now mode (and his hometown) for a team that is going to rebuild? And why would the Flyers take his contract while retooling/rebuilding?

DeBrusk has a $4.41M QO, not $5M.

Forbort and Subban have a similar level of play but he is not better than Reilly or Clifton and Reilly isn't a dump. He's an effective offensive-minded D and half of his/Clifton's shortcomings in the defensive zone appear worse than they are because the Bruins are not getting enough high-danger saves from their goalies so far this season. Reilly signed his contract last year, why would the Bruins trade him just couple months later?

Trading Studnicka and trading Studnicka for Subban are two different things. I disagree with "He had every chance to take it. He hasn't seen" but I would still include him in a trade for a good player, not a 4th liner/3rd pair D like Subban here. For the comparisons, Pastrnak is elite/was already projected as a top line player when he was a prospect; DeBrusk played with David Krejci. Different situations.
Feb. 8, 2022 at 11:31 a.m.
original jets fan
Debrusk for Crouse
Senyshyn for O'brien
2nd for taking moore (who is a fine 6th dman) . It's 2.75m. Money they will need to spend regardless.

They are 51m under the cap. I am.sure they could sign Loui for one more year - heck give him 8m.

Or they could get a former 1st rd pick who is a good 6th/7th d - who could play into a 5 if given the chance, and they get
a 2nd rd pick.

AZ is in trouble. Nobody will sign there with the current situation unless you massively overpay. If they keep losing, they won't improve their situation. Hence the hoading of picks. It's really the only way.

They need to model Ott.

They need stink one more year and get Bedard. They need to stay promising though with their picks this year.

I would not trade Crouse for DeBrusk. Crouse is a key piece on the scorched earth Coyotes.

Senyshyn for O'brien? Sure. Good deal for the Coyotes.

Paying the Yotes a 2nd for taking Moore's contract is fair.

As for players not wanting to sign in Arizona...there are players every year looking for contracts and playing time. Worse places to live when you are a millionare athlete. They will undoubtedly take on a few more contracts for picks/prospects.

They will get a top 5 pick this year and a top 5 pick next year. With luck they come out of the tear down loaded with talent AND a new arena almost ready.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll