Trades
EDM
  1. 2022 6th round pick (CGY)
FLA
  1. Archibald, Josh
Additional Details:
cant play in Canada so ship him off
EDM
  1. Varlamov, Semyon ($2,000,000 retained)
  2. 2022 3rd round pick (NYI)
NYI
  1. Koskinen, Mikko
  2. 2022 1st round pick (EDM)
  3. 2022 6th round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Järnkrok, Calle
  2. 2024 6th round pick (SEA)
SEA
  1. Turris, Kyle
  2. 2022 2nd round pick (EDM)
  3. 2023 5th round pick (EDM)
NJD
  1. Lavoie, Raphael
  2. 2022 3rd round pick (NYI)
  3. 2023 2nd round pick (EDM)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the EDM
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$81,500,000$76,761,497$669,339$1,840,000$4,738,503
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$2,108,696$2,108,696
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
UFA - 5
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 4
$1,175,000$1,175,000
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
$5,125,000$5,125,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 8
$1,175,000$1,175,000
RW
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$834,167$834,167 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
C
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,600,000$5,600,000
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the New York Islanders
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$1,125,000$1,125,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,200,000$2,200,000
G
UFA - 2
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 28, 2022 at 9:14 a.m.
Quoting: UBS_ARENA
Somewhat. We could do GSAx as well. Saying martin Jones is available and therefore Varlamov will get less in return is like saying Eakin is available and therefore JT Miller will get less in return, it's preposterous. 3rd string goalies being available doesn't affect the Varlamov market.

GSAx/60 for a sample of goalies who may be available at the deadline

Murray: +0.570
Forsberg: +0.202
Reimer: +0.129
Vanecek: -0.014
Halak: -0.033
Holtby: -0.067
Varlamov: -0.082
Koskinen: -0.252
Fleury: -0.281
Jones: -0.312
Feb. 28, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
Quoting: oliver_wahlstrom
I dont think you understand. The fact that there are so many goalies right now and there are so many that are way cheaper than Varalmov and just a bit worse, he cannot get a 1st, 2nd and prospect. Not how it works. Even if there werent a million goalies he wouldnt get that. Hes getting either a late 1st and cap dump or like a 2nd and a solid roster player. even at half retained he could only really get a 1st. Im an islanders fan. we gotta be realistic

I never said he would get a 1st 2nd and a prospect that's preposterous. A 1st and Koskinen is exactly what I've been saying the whole time. You in fact are the 1 that said he won't get Koskinen and a 1st and now you're backtracking and saying he can get a 1st and a cap dump.
Feb. 28, 2022 at 9:11 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
I never said he would get a 1st 2nd and a prospect that's preposterous. A 1st and Koskinen is exactly what I've been saying the whole time. You in fact are the 1 that said he won't get Koskinen and a 1st and now you're backtracking and saying he can get a 1st and a cap dump.

then why do I have him getting a 1st, cap dump and 6th alongside a 3rd? bruh i didnt back track 😭
Feb. 28, 2022 at 9:50 p.m.
then why do I have him getting a 1st, cap dump and 6th alongside a 3rd? bruh i didnt back track 😭

Youre retaining 2 mil when the isles need the cap and theres no reason to.
Feb. 28, 2022 at 9:52 p.m.

Idk why you contradicted yourself but i said a 1st and koskinen for varly no retention and you said that he isnt going to get that much. I have no idea why you wrote that but thats what you wrote.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 8:40 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Idk why you contradicted yourself but i said a 1st and koskinen for varly no retention and you said that he isnt going to get that much. I have no idea why you wrote that but thats what you wrote.

and when did I say thats what I think will happen? because in MY post i didnt make that the trade
Mar. 1, 2022 at 8:41 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Youre retaining 2 mil when the isles need the cap and theres no reason to.

and isles wont need cap this year (duh) or next year if we clear 3 mil in Varly. Sorokin is the clear starter so getting a backup for 2 mil we still save a mil.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 4:26 p.m.
and isles wont need cap this year (duh) or next year if we clear 3 mil in Varly. Sorokin is the clear starter so getting a backup for 2 mil we still save a mil.

We need the money for other players. Like a sniper for barzy or a good LD2🤦🤦🤦
Mar. 1, 2022 at 4:27 p.m.
and when did I say thats what I think will happen? because in MY post i didnt make that the trade

Comment number 17
Mar. 1, 2022 at 7:51 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
We need the money for other players. Like a sniper for barzy or a good LD2🤦🤦🤦

and I hate to break it to you but we arent getting any sniper in free agency. Lou is not gonna do that and we already have one in Wahlstrom and Nelson for the 2C. We cant keep thinking we will land some big free agent. Its unrealistic. And we are not exactly strapped for cap if/when we move one+ of Varly/Bailey/Palms. Yeah sure id love to save all of our money but it isnt happening. we arent getting forsberg or Gaudreau

Comment number 17

no idea where that is
Mar. 2, 2022 at 2:30 a.m.
and I hate to break it to you but we arent getting any sniper in free agency. Lou is not gonna do that and we already have one in Wahlstrom and Nelson for the 2C. We cant keep thinking we will land some big free agent. Its unrealistic. And we are not exactly strapped for cap if/when we move one+ of Varly/Bailey/Palms. Yeah sure id love to save all of our money but it isnt happening. we arent getting forsberg or Gaudreau

no idea where that is

So retaining 2m on varly and getting a solid backup is going to cost roughly 5m, so you dont save anything. Palms isnt really moveable and if bailey is moved its only 5m. Not really enough for a 1st liner.
If you dont want to make your roster better idk why you even care. Truth be told i dont want forsberg or gaudreau, but not bc i dont want to make the roster better. You just dont care at this point, how do you know we arent getting one of them, and even if we dont, its negligent not to try. The roster as presently constituted cannot win a cup.

As for comment number 17 its on page 1, the numbers are in the top right corner of every comment box. I suspect you already knew that and know what it said, and playing dumb is a convenient way to disengage from the hole you dug yourself into.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 2:34 a.m.
look bro we can hope but there are enough goalies to where he wont be getting that much. If he wasnt so bad to start the year after his injury then maybe, but not as of now

Korpisalo, Georgiev, Varlamov, Koskinen, Francouz, Mrazel, Johannson, Martin Jones, Samsonov/Vanecek maybe?, maybe Allen, Halak if he waives his NMC, Wedgewood, Subban and more i missed. All have had trade discussions. There are too many goalies to be saying Varlamov is worth that much

But i thought that there is gonna be a bidding war on the top goalies, at least thats what the team explanation said. But why, if theres so many goalies available teams will just trade for a different goalie as opposed to overpaying in a bidding war?🤡🤡🤡🤡
Mar. 2, 2022 at 8:44 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
So retaining 2m on varly and getting a solid backup is going to cost roughly 5m, so you dont save anything. Palms isnt really moveable and if bailey is moved its only 5m. Not really enough for a 1st liner.
If you dont want to make your roster better idk why you even care. Truth be told i dont want forsberg or gaudreau, but not bc i dont want to make the roster better. You just dont care at this point, how do you know we arent getting one of them, and even if we dont, its negligent not to try. The roster as presently constituted cannot win a cup.

a solid backup doesnt cost 5 mil wtf

and you cannot read. this is my final comment. im done wasting my time with you

Palms isnt unmoaveable. Doubt we do, but with his play as of late, definetely could move him

And i didnt know there numbers were there. but if it was so easy, you couldve just quoted it you genius

And its not that I dont want this roster to improve. If it were up to me, we wouldve never traded for Palms, moved Bailey 5 years ago before he extended, traded varly last offseason, and be playing Pelech and Pulock. We wouldve traded for Mccann, signed siegenthaler, never moved Toews (i have been saying it since I got the noti he was moved), Kept Eberle and way more. I would love to get a big free agent, but that isnt what this team does. While I think Gaudreau would be great and well worth the 9 mil or so he would get, it isnt happening. You saying I dont wanna win isnt about me, its about me understanding that this org doesnt sign big UFAs… ever.

And lastly in the goalie market. Having many goalies hurts his value. making 5 mil when many of these others make u2.5 mil, it hurts his value. having a down year hurts his value. Only a handful of teams wanting a goalie to contend hurts his value. I can only think of 3 teams who would want Varly. Toronto, Vegas and Edmonton. EDM and Toronto have little to no cap. Leafs make the most sense because they need one the most. But, Mrazek has term and they arent moving Cambell so I doubt anything happens. Next, EDM. Koskinen is playing better as of late and without giving him up, a trade wont work. Lastly Vegas. Lehner is basically back. Not gonna happen. If im missing a team, please let me know. My point isnt that we wont be able to move him. But, his market is not as big as you think it is. He will have to have a bit retained to even out the cap both ways. The fact that he is having a down year and there are so many other goalies who are making virtually nothing, it does lower his value.

Im a diehard islanders fan. I literally put my life into this team. Id love to say we would get a 1st and a nice prospect. We wont. Its being realistic

As for comment number 17 its on page 1, the numbers are in the top right corner of every comment box. I suspect you already knew that and know what it said, and playing dumb is a convenient way to disengage from the hole you dug yourself into.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 8:45 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
But i thought that there is gonna be a bidding war on the top goalies, at least thats what the team explanation said. But why, if theres so many goalies available teams will just trade for a different goalie as opposed to overpaying in a bidding war?🤡🤡🤡🤡

Palms isnt unmoaveable. Doubt we do, but with his play as of late, definetely could move him

And i didnt know there numbers were there. but if it was so easy, you couldve just quoted it you genius

And its not that I dont want this roster to improve. If it were up to me, we wouldve never traded for Palms, moved Bailey 5 years ago before he extended, traded varly last offseason, and be playing Pelech and Pulock. We wouldve traded for Mccann, signed siegenthaler, never moved Toews (i have been saying it since I got the noti he was moved), Kept Eberle and way more. I would love to get a big free agent, but that isnt what this team does. While I think Gaudreau would be great and well worth the 9 mil or so he would get, it isnt happening. You saying I dont wanna win isnt about me, its about me understanding that this org doesnt sign big UFAs… ever.

And lastly in the goalie market. Having many goalies hurts his value. making 5 mil when many of these others make u2.5 mil, it hurts his value. having a down year hurts his value. Only a handful of teams wanting a goalie to contend hurts his value. I can only think of 3 teams who would want Varly. Toronto, Vegas and Edmonton. EDM and Toronto have little to no cap. Leafs make the most sense because they need one the most. But, Mrazek has term and they arent moving Cambell so I doubt anything happens. Next, EDM. Koskinen is playing better as of late and without giving him up, a trade wont work. Lastly Vegas. Lehner is basically back. Not gonna happen. If im missing a team, please let me know. My point isnt that we wont be able to move him. But, his market is not as big as you think it is. He will have to have a bit retained to even out the cap both ways. The fact that he is having a down year and there are so many other goalies who are making virtually nothing, it does lower his value.

Im a diehard islanders fan. I literally put my life into this team. Id love to say we would get a 1st and a nice prospect. We wont. Its being realistic

“ look bro we can hope but there are enough goalies to where he wont be getting that much. If he wasnt so bad to start the year after his injury then maybe, but not as of now”— comment #17. Ok bud. doesnt prove a thing. thank you. ill accept an apology now wink
Mar. 2, 2022 at 8:47 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks

this is what i said in comment 17:

“ look bro we can hope but there are enough goalies to where he wont be getting that much. If he wasnt so bad to start the year after his injury then maybe, but not as of now”

how does this change anything else I said? u shouldve looked at #17 yourself LMFAO
Mar. 2, 2022 at 8:47 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks

this is what I said in 17

“look bro we can hope but there are enough goalies to where he wont be getting that much. If he wasnt so bad to start the year after his injury then maybe, but not as of now”

lol ok. didnt prove anything…?
Mar. 2, 2022 at 1:38 p.m.
this is what i said in comment 17:

“ look bro we can hope but there are enough goalies to where he wont be getting that much. If he wasnt so bad to start the year after his injury then maybe, but not as of now”

how does this change anything else I said? u shouldve looked at #17 yourself LMFAO

Yup thats exactly what you said. In response to me saying that varly gets a 1st and koskinen. Thats all i ever said, not that varly gets mcdavid, or draisaitl and 3 1sts. Varly no retention for koskinen and a 1st. And then you said no he wont get that much.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 2:18 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Yup thats exactly what you said. In response to me saying that varly gets a 1st and koskinen. Thats all i ever said, not that varly gets mcdavid, or draisaitl and 3 1sts. Varly no retention for koskinen and a 1st. And then you said no he wont get that much.

ok. respond to that comment. thats all i ask. i want you to reread it. i have the receipts
Mar. 2, 2022 at 3:36 p.m.
ok. respond to that comment. thats all i ask. i want you to reread it. i have the receipts

I said in #16 that i would want koskinen and a 1st for varly. You quoted that in #17 and said they wouldnt get that much. I dont understand what there is to debate here.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 9:25 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
I said in #16 that i would want koskinen and a 1st for varly. You quoted that in #17 and said they wouldnt get that much. I dont understand what there is to debate here.

then quote it 🤦‍♂️ its easier that way. cuz looking at 16, i do not understand how what youre saying means legit anything here

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll