SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

How many points will Alexander Nylander have if he plays the full year in Buffalo next year?

How many points?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 15, 2017 at 9:12 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Just curious to know what anybody thought.
Apr. 16, 2017 at 12:15 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
I will guess 20 to 30 plus. He struggled in the AHL this year so hard to think he will be putting up huge points in the NHL right away.
Apr. 16, 2017 at 7:27 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
44-48 i'd say.
Apr. 16, 2017 at 10:59 p.m.
Is 6 an option? I don't know I get the fact he's probably going to be a top six forward one day but seems a little rushed to bring him here... Willy spent a couple years grooming his game (eventually leading the AHL in scoring by a large margin) before he made the leap, if BUF is committed to long term success I suggest keeping him down to refine his game on a good AHL team
Apr. 18, 2017 at 8:22 a.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: LeafsFan
Is 6 an option? I don't know I get the fact he's probably going to be a top six forward one day but seems a little rushed to bring him here... Willy spent a couple years grooming his game (eventually leading the AHL in scoring by a large margin) before he made the leap, if BUF is committed to long term success I suggest keeping him down to refine his game on a good AHL team

That's the problem, we don't have a good AHL team. The Marlies were a powerhouse AHL team, I'm guessing that played a role in William Nylander's great point production (aside from being a really good player anyway) Alexander Nylander plays on a bottom feeder AHL team in the the Rochester Americans and managed to put up almost half a point per game while being a 18 year old rookie in the AHL.

Maybe he does go to Rochester for one more year, but if he comes up and plays with Eichel regularly, I can see 40+ points being his rookie totals.
Apr. 18, 2017 at 12:10 p.m.
Quoting: Zach
Quoting: LeafsFan

That's the problem, we don't have a good AHL team. The Marlies were a powerhouse AHL team, I'm guessing that played a role in William Nylander's great point production (aside from being a really good player anyway) Alexander Nylander plays on a bottom feeder AHL team in the the Rochester Americans and managed to put up almost half a point per game while being a 18 year old rookie in the AHL.

Maybe he does go to Rochester for one more year, but if he comes up and plays with Eichel regularly, I can see 40+ points being his rookie totals.

We had a good AHL team, but Willy was the focal point of our team and I think it really paid off. Eichel is a beast but 40 points is really hard to make as a 19 year old. Also Eichel faces the best lines night after night and that might not be the best way for Alex to succeed.
May 4, 2017 at 10:22 a.m.
Revisals
He's said to be as good as, if not better than his brother. My guess is around 50-60pts, depending on who he plays with.
May 9, 2017 at 9:13 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
If he plays on O'Reilly's wing (thus finally stopping the 1LW carousel), I could see him putting up at least 40 points. Otherwise, I think he'll crack about 28.
May 9, 2017 at 3:15 p.m.
I really do not think he starts on the sabres roster until mid season but if he plays with O'reilly he could potentially put up decent points. remember william nylander was drafted in the same year that reinhart was... Give alex another year to develop and feel comfortable in the AHL before making the jump. He could potentially be a 50+ point guy for us and we need it but it's not worth it to rush him into it.
May 17, 2017 at 12:27 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: revisals
He's said to be as good as, if not better than his brother. My guess is around 50-60pts, depending on who he plays with.

I hope that is the case, even though I can't stand the Leafs being a Sabres fan, William Nylander is one of my favorite players in the leauge.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit