SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Expansion Draft Discussion

Do you agree with all of the expansion rules proposed and has everything been covered?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 26, 2017 at 12:24 p.m.
Go Jackets
Rico I'll edit my post at beginning of thread and master thread to reflect these changes.
Apr. 26, 2017 at 12:46 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: matt59
Rico I'll edit my post at beginning of thread and master thread to reflect these changes.

This is just how I'd like Phillyjabroni to have the first post in the protection thread set up.
Just want to make sure it is thorough, yet simple enough to follow.
Apr. 26, 2017 at 12:49 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: ricochetii

This is just how I'd like Phillyjabroni to have the first post in the protection thread set up.

Can you check my post in master thread and the first post in the help thread to make sure they're consistent with what you said? I posted the format for how GMs should post their expansion protection and exposure lists in the "Official Expansion Protection List Thread".
Apr. 26, 2017 at 1:07 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Can you check my post in master thread and the first post in the help thread to make sure they're consistent with what you said? I posted the format for how GMs should post their expansion protection and exposure lists in the "Official Expansion Protection List Thread".

I find it difficult to read due to the formatting lol.
Maybe fix it up a little?
Apr. 26, 2017 at 1:09 p.m.
Go Jackets

I'll try to fix it on a desktop here ya. Trying to edit on mobile is a little more difficult haha
Apr. 26, 2017 at 1:12 p.m.
Go Habs Go

I'll try to fix it on a desktop here ya. Trying to edit on mobile is a little more difficult haha

That explains a lot. Sticking Out Tongue
Use my template for the lists and example.
Use headers and formatting for the rest of the info so it's a little easier to follow.
matt59 liked this.
Apr. 26, 2017 at 7:21 p.m.
Go Habs Go
BEGINNING OF POST
----------------

Post your Protected Players and the minimum players that meet exposure requirements in this thread.
No commenting or editing your post. Once you submit your list, it is FINAL.
Use the Expansion Discussion thread to test your post before submitting it if necessary. Link: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/57608
REPEAT: FINAL LIST ONLY IN THIS THREAD. MAKE SURE IT IS 100% ACCURATE BEFORE SUBMITTING.
YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANY ERRORS. USE THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR ASSISTANCE IF YOU ARE UNSURE.

Use this template to format your list for easy viewing:

Template:
-----

[Insert Team Name]
[Insert Logo]

Exposed Forwards (2):
Exposed Defense (1):
Exposed Goaltender (1):

Protected Forwards (7):
Protected Defense (3):
Protected Goalie (1): [/quote]

------

Here is an example of what your post should look like: (This is not Colorado's actual list, just a sample for visual purposes)

Colorado
Colorado Avalanche

Exposed Forwards (2): Yakupov, Richardson
Exposed Defense (1): Lovejoy
Exposed Goaltender (1): Lack

Protected Forwards (4): MacKinnon, Couturier, Pominville, Zucker
Protected Defense (4): Barrie, Gelinas, Marchenko, Zadorov
Protected Goalie (1): Stolarz

------

Vegas Selections:

Anaheim Ducks:
Arizona Coyotes:
Boston Bruins:
Buffalo Sabres:
Calgary Flames:
Carolina Hurricanes:
Chicago Blackhawks:
Colorado Avalanche:
Columbus Blue Jackets:
Dallas Stars:
Detroit Red Wings:
Edmonton Oilers:
Florida Panthers:
Los Angeles Kings:
Minnesota Wild:
Montreal Canadiens:
Nashville Predators:
New Jersey Devils:
New York Islanders:
New York Rangers:
Philadelphia Flyers:
Pittsburgh Penguins:
Ottawa Senators:
San Jose Sharks:
St Louis Blues:
Tampa Bay Lightning:
Toronto Maple Leafs:
Vancouver Canucks:
Washington Capitals:
Winnipeg Jets:

------

1. Each Team will post their protected player and players that meet the exposure requirements.
2. Vegas will quote and reply to each team, posting his selection (so we see that team's list and his selection in the same post for reference).
3. Vegas will edit his selections into his first post so we can easily verify them and track his progress.

-----------
END OF POST

Bump for Vegas. Phil. This should be your first post in the thread when you put it up. You or Matt should be the 2nd post as well, so you can add the relevant dates to make them easier to locate.
Matt, do you want to put the deadline dates into an easy to read post so he can put it up? Just in case you aren't on at the same time to make sure you are the 2nd post.
phillyjabroni liked this.
Apr. 26, 2017 at 7:28 p.m.
Go Jackets
BEGINNING OF POST
----------------

Post your Protected Players and the minimum players that meet exposure requirements in this thread.
No commenting or editing your post. Once you submit your list, it is FINAL.
Use the Expansion Discussion thread to test your post before submitting it if necessary. Link: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/57608
REPEAT: FINAL LIST ONLY IN THIS THREAD. MAKE SURE IT IS 100% ACCURATE BEFORE SUBMITTING.
YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANY ERRORS. USE THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR ASSISTANCE IF YOU ARE UNSURE.

Use this template to format your list for easy viewing:

Template:
-----

[Insert Team Name]
[Insert Logo]

Exposed Forwards (2):
Exposed Defense (1):
Exposed Goaltender (1):

Protected Forwards (7):
Protected Defense (3):
Protected Goalie (1):

------

Here is an example of what your post should look like: (This is not Colorado's actual list, just a sample for visual purposes)

Colorado
Colorado Avalanche

Exposed Forwards (2): Yakupov, Richardson
Exposed Defense (1): Lovejoy
Exposed Goaltender (1): Lack

Protected Forwards (4): MacKinnon, Couturier, Pominville, Zucker
Protected Defense (4): Barrie, Gelinas, Marchenko, Zadorov
Protected Goalie (1): Stolarz

------

Vegas Selections:

Anaheim Ducks:
Arizona Coyotes:
Boston Bruins:
Buffalo Sabres:
Calgary Flames:
Carolina Hurricanes:
Chicago Blackhawks:
Colorado Avalanche:
Columbus Blue Jackets:
Dallas Stars:
Detroit Red Wings:
Edmonton Oilers:
Florida Panthers:
Los Angeles Kings:
Minnesota Wild:
Montreal Canadiens:
Nashville Predators:
New Jersey Devils:
New York Islanders:
New York Rangers:
Philadelphia Flyers:
Pittsburgh Penguins:
Ottawa Senators:
San Jose Sharks:
St Louis Blues:
Tampa Bay Lightning:
Toronto Maple Leafs:
Vancouver Canucks:
Washington Capitals:
Winnipeg Jets:

------

1. Each Team will post their protected player and players that meet the exposure requirements.
2. Vegas will quote and reply to each team, posting his selection (so we see that team's list and his selection in the same post for reference).
3. Vegas will edit his selections into his first post so we can easily verify them and track his progress.

-----------
END OF POST

Bump for Vegas. Phil. This should be your first post in the thread when you put it up. You or Matt should be the 2nd post as well, so you can add the relevant dates to make them easier to locate.
Matt, do you want to put the deadline dates into an easy to read post so he can put it up? Just in case you aren't on at the same time to make sure you are the 2nd post.[/quote]

yeah I can try and edit the deadline dates into an easier to read format.
Apr. 26, 2017 at 7:29 p.m.
Go Jackets
I'll repost the deadline dates here in an easier to read format in a few mins.
Apr. 26, 2017 at 7:44 p.m.
Go Jackets
SOME IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:

April 27, 12 P.M. EST; the Roster freeze will occur. From then until May 1, 12 P.M. EST (or earlier if Vegas has made all of its roster selections before the deadline), NO trades or deals may occur. Please do not use the team threads for discussion. The Master Thread, Expansion Help Thread, and some other threads may be used for discussion and communication amongst all GMs

By April 29, 12 P.M. EST, ALL players you have signed on your roster need to be moved up onto your visible roster. This means all the players you currently have assigned to junior or minors need to be brought up onto the visible active roster. We will be ignoring the salary cap during the expansion draft and offseason so do not worry about the fact you're well over the salary cap.

Also on April 29 at 12 P.M. EST, everyone's expansion protection lists are due. These are to be posted on the "Official Expansion Protection List Thread". Remember that you can either go for a 7-3-1 format or 8-1 format. When the thread is posted, once you post your teams expansion protection list on that thread you WILL NOT be allowed to change your list. ONLY expansion protection lists are to be posted on this thread (no commenting on others posts please). That means you cannot edit your post on that thread even if you accidentally posted the wrong player to be protected. THERE WILL NOT BE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. Please be thourough and careful when posting your expansion protection lists to ensure that no errors are made.

Vegas will begin making its expansion selections on the 29th at noon EST. They will have until May 1 at noon EST to make their selections. Vegas will post their selections by quoting each team's expansion protection list in the "Official Expansion Protection List Thread" and commenting with who the selected player is. Remember that Vegas is the only team allowed to comment in this thread. The rest of us are ONLY allowed to post your official expansion protection list (no editing posts once list is published, NO EXCEPTIONS).

Once all of this is over, the roster freeze will be lifted and everything will return to normal.
phillyjabroni liked this.
Apr. 26, 2017 at 11:00 p.m.
NYR v3 GM
I think there is some rule stating that Vegas has to pick a certain number of players with longer than a one year deal right? If anybody knows specifics I'd like to know, thanks.
Apr. 26, 2017 at 11:02 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: JT_Miller
I think there is some rule stating that Vegas has to pick a certain number of players with longer than a one year deal right? If anybody knows specifics I'd like to know, thanks.

20 players under contract through 17/18.
Apr. 26, 2017 at 11:03 p.m.
NYR v3 GM

Oh ok so basically they can't pick too many current UFAs?
Apr. 26, 2017 at 11:10 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Oh ok so basically they can't pick too many current UFAs?

Correct. The idea is that they have to take actual players and not expiring contracts, as well as avoiding certain situations that allow circumvention by taking players overseas and such instead of current NHL players.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit