SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New Jersey Devils

What should the Devils do with the 2nd overall pick?

What should the Devils do with the 2nd overall pick?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

May 11, 2022 at 7:19 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Devils earn the 2nd overall pick in the 2022 NHL Draft with a bit of lottery luck (again). But this time, the choice is not so certain. They are several routes Devils could take such as drafting the BPA (Cooley), drafting for needs (Nemec or Juraj), or trading the pick for immediate help. I want to hear everyone's input
May 18, 2022 at 2:42 p.m.
In spite of Tom Fitzgerald's talk about trading the pick, albeit mostly before the Devils won the 2nd pick in the lottery, I think they should keep the pick and take the best available player. They're still a couple years away from true playoff contention, imo. If they want to improve their current roster immediately, they can sign a UFA top six Winger and a Goalie. We've seen this franchise trade picks in the past few years for immediate help, although not a pick this high, and its backfired. There's no rush. Let's do this thing right. Trust your scouting and development and build through the draft. COL, TBL, and almost every other top team can attest to this process.
May 18, 2022 at 2:45 p.m.
If Cooley is the best player available, they should take him.
Jun. 1, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.
In The Mix
unless an amazing offer comes in involving someone like fiala, hold the pick, draft slaf. high risk, high reward prospect, but the payoff could be huge.
Jun. 17, 2022 at 10:41 p.m.
I'd like the Devils to draft Cooley despite his size, use next season's first rounder for an offer sheet.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit