SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Fiala then signs 6x75M in NJ

Created by: CoolHandL
Published: Jun. 6, 2022 at 3:25 p.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the cap hit of one of the teams is below the lower limit

Logo of the Minnesota WildMinnesota Wild

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Fiala, KevinMinnesota WildNHL-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Holtz, AlexanderWaivers ExemptNew Jersey DevilsMinor-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$7,388,9121834453611
Change$0-110000
Final$7,388,91217 (↓)35 (↑)453611000

Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Holtz, AlexanderWaivers ExemptNew Jersey DevilsMinor-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Fiala, KevinMinnesota WildNHL-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$25,334,1671533523614
Change$01-10000
Final$25,334,16716 (↑)32 (↓)523614000
Jun. 6, 2022 at 3:27 p.m.
Meant to say 6x7.5M in the title
Jun. 6, 2022 at 5:57 p.m.
Quoting: CoolHandL
Meant to say 6x7.5M in the title

IMO, I'm not sure Jersey does this. Holtz is a great talent and is under cheap team control for the next few years. I guess the best way to look at it is, if the rolls were reversed, would MIN fans be ok with Swapping Rossi / Boldy for a guy like Nylander or Hischier ?

Fiala is going to get them a good return, but I believe it will come in picks and decent, but not great prospects like Holtz
Jun. 6, 2022 at 6:05 p.m.
Quoting: Dutchies
IMO, I'm not sure Jersey does this. Holtz is a great talent and is under cheap team control for the next few years. I guess the best way to look at it is, if the rolls were reversed, would MIN fans be ok with Swapping Rossi / Boldy for a guy like Nylander or Hischier ?

Fiala is going to get them a good return, but I believe it will come in picks and decent, but not great prospects like Holtz

Yea I agree that it is a longshot - but since Holtz is under that ELC control, it would be the kind of move Guerin makes even if it means it’s just a one for one like this with no other pieces involved.

I just keep hearing NJ is one of the front runners, and if so and the 2OA is out of the question, then this has to be the next best thing. One can dream.
Dutchies liked this.
Jun. 6, 2022 at 6:11 p.m.
Quoting: CoolHandL
Yea I agree that it is a longshot - but since Holtz is under that ELC control, it would be the kind of move Guerin makes even if it means it’s just a one for one like this with no other pieces involved.

I just keep hearing NJ is one of the front runners, and if so and the 2OA is out of the question, then this has to be the next best thing. One can dream.

Hey, if Billy G can pull off the move, all the power to him. Holtz would fit in great on that team.

I do think MIN could get next years first (top 5 protected) along with a good RFA player's rights and pretty good prospect. It's gonna be tough though due to every team knowing their cap situation.
CoolHandL liked this.
Jun. 8, 2022 at 9:18 a.m.
Quoting: Dutchies
Hey, if Billy G can pull off the move, all the power to him. Holtz would fit in great on that team.

I do think MIN could get next years first (top 5 protected) along with a good RFA player's rights and pretty good prospect. It's gonna be tough though due to every team knowing their cap situation.

I think the cap situation is being overvalued by other fans. Billy G doesn’t have to trade Fiala. the Sens really want him. Along with about 5 other teams, maybe more. Billy has plenty of leverage to get a good return. Probably not maximum value but still very good value for a PPG player younger and cheaper than all the comparable scoring FAs available. I have to think Sens offer starts with 7OA. So any team wanting Fiala, has to beat at least 7OA. If NJDs GM Fitz is as cheap as a lot of their fans are on here (not wanting to part with anything of value for Fiala), then NJD aren’t a fit. NJD have a ton of intriguing pieces BG would be interested in, but if none are available, then BG will send Fiala somewhere else

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll