SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

Canucks Fans: How Has OEL Been?

Jun. 22, 2022 at 8:36 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Im not very familiar with the Cancucks situation, but OEL has the talent to be a great defenseman despite having some recent down seasons? That being said, hows he been in VAN? As bad as he was or has he turned it around?
Jun. 26, 2022 at 1:51 a.m.
OEL has been very good defensively but, has been a little lacking offensively considering his cap hit. The Canucks have been playing him as a shutdown pair with Myers.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 3:01 a.m.
Banned
OEL came off a very solid first season with the Canucks. It was a successful bounce back

He played in a shutdown role with Myers, in which they were both very effective in, so he didn't produce as much offense as one necessarily would like to see from him considering what he costs against the cap. I think Canucks management realizes that they need to put OEL in a situation where he can do more offensively going forward for obvious reasons

I know Ekman-Larsson may not be back to being the elite player he was during his prime, but I wish other fanbases would recognize that while he may be regarded as an asset with negative value around the league at his current cap hit, Ekman-Larsson is still a good player, and his deal is far from one of the worst contracts in the league. When people see Vancouver's back end on paper, I wan them to see that Ekman-Larsson is an asset to the team, and not a liability

At the end of the day, while the contract still looks inefficient, while he may not be back to his elite form that he was during his prime years, the Canucks have a good reliable player in Ekman-Larsson moving forward, and he fills an important role on the team
NorthernLeafsFan05 and cooliny liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll