SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock Draft June 26th With Descriptions Top 25

Mock Draft June 26th With Descriptions Top 25

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: DevilsFanZack13
Published: Jun. 26, 2022 at 4:20 p.m.
Description
Just finished doing the top 25. At this time we have 2 trades in the draft.

Pittsburgh trades pick #21 to Arizona for #27 and #36.

Toronto trades pick #25 and Alexander Kerfoot to Arizona for Lawson Crouses signing rights.

Let me know what you guys think.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Shane Wright is the best player in this draft and has the potential to be a true #1 center for Montreal.
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-With NJ having Hughes, Hischier and Mercer as their top 3 centers, they go with the big winger Juraj Slafkovsky to compliment them.
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-At #3 Arizona goes with the best player available, Logan Cooley. Cooley is exactly what Arizona needs, a #1 center bursting with skill.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Everything I’ve read about Nemec sounds like he’s going to be the best defenseman in the draft. Seattle grabbed their center last year with Beniers, this year they grab their defenseman in Simon Nemec.
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-The best player available at 5 is David Jiricek. Philly right now needs a little of everything and you can’t go wrong with a defenseman with top pairing potential.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksAfter the top 5 there’s a bit of a dropoff. With CBJ taking both Johnson and Sillinger last draft, I feel they’re gonna grab a winger. Columbus selects Joakim Kemell with the 6th overall pick.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-With Ottawa I see 1 of 2 things happening. I could see the Sens drafting Savoie if he’s here, or potentially trading the pick to Minnesota for Kevin Fiala with an extension. I’m going to say the Wild might want a little more so Ottawa drafts Matthew Savoie.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Cutter Gauthier is a big forward who can play both center and wing. He can do a little bit of everything and is a pretty good goal scorer in his own right. Might be a little to early to draft him but if Yzerman wants someone, he’s gonna grab him. Just look at Moritz Seider.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-From what I’ve read about Ivan Miroschnichenko, he is a top 10 talent. Unfortunately this year he had a health scare. He’s been recovering right now and will hopefully be ready to continue playing in the KHL next season. I think Buffalo is ok with taking a gamble on a player like Miroschnichenko.
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Nazar can play both center and wing. Anaheim is not going to rush him and they will let him develop. When he’s ready, he’ll get a shot with one of Anaheims young centers in Zegras and McTavish.
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-With San Jose having Couture and Hertl locked up for the next 5 years plus, the Sharks are going to draft another winger to play with them in Lekkerimaki.
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-With CBJ grabbing Kemell with pick 6, I feel they can go off the board a little bit and grab Pavel Mintyukov who is a solid prospect.
13Logo of the New York Islanders-If Lane Lambert's son Brad is availabe at pick 13, I see the Islanders drafting him.
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-If Geekie is not drafted yet, the Jets draft him. He currently plays for the Winnipeg Ice.
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-I know you're supposed to go with best player over team need, but Vancouver does need defensemen in their prospect pool. Especially right shot guys. If Ty Nelson is there at 15, Vancouver picks him.
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsWith Buffalo already drafting Miroschnichencko and Yurov being available at pick 16 they grab another Russian winger in Yurov.
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville is known as a defenseman factory with almost every defenseman they draft becomes a top 4 guy. With Denton Mateychuk not being drafted yet, its an easy pick for Nashville.
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-I think at this point Dallas goes with the BPA which at 18 is Filip Mesar.
19Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-The Kings have the best prospect pool in the NHL today. They can go any way but I feel they go with a hard worker and solid player in Marco Kasper.
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-The Capitals are the opposite of the Kings. Their prospect pool isn't as strong and the team is one of the oldest in the league. They need to restock the cupboard and start with defenseman Kevin Korchinski.
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-We have a trade. Pittsburgh trades pick #21 to Arizona for pick #27 and #36. Arizona picks Noah Ostlund.
22Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsAnaheim is going to draft Rutger McGroarty with pick #22 to add another winger to play with their young centers.
23Logo of the St. Louis Blues-I feel this year St.Louis is going to go with a defenseman. St.Louis drafts Owen Pickering.
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Casey has the potential to go in the top 20 and can also be a top 4 guy for Minnesota in the future. That's why the Wild draft him.
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-We have a trade. Toronto trades this pick and Alexander Kerfoot to Arizona for Lawson Crouse's rights. Arizona picks Ryan Chesley with the 25th pick in the 2022 NHL Draft.
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary Flames
27Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
28Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida Panthers
29Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
30Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the New York Rangers
31Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
32Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
Jun. 26, 2022 at 10:37 p.m.
MajorMoose
Vancouver won't go by positional need especially for Nelson of all prospects
Dakraa liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 8:08 p.m.
Good stuff.

Brad Lambert is Lane’s nephew, not his son. And he may be gone by pick #13 anyway.

Chesley ought to go a full round ahead of Casey (~10-15 and ~40-50 respectively).

And I think Kemell and Miro fall to the teens/early 20’s.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll