SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2 round mock with my thoughts. Feedback welcomed

2 round mock with my thoughts. Feedback welcomed

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: CapsJets
Published: Jun. 29, 2022 at 12:25 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Not sure if he will be the player from the draft in 5-10 years, but right now, looks like a player you cannot pass on. Especially with the draft being in Montreal, I feel like the media would eat Hughes alive if he chose anyone other than the Canadian player
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Possibly could be traded, but if they stay here I think they go with Slafkovsky. I don't think a Dman is out of the question at #2, but I think they'll opt to go with the big, power forward to play alongside Hughes
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-I've seen some other players mocked to go here, but I think Cooley has too much upside and skill. Some have said he might be the most skilled player in the draft, and Arizona starts the draft where they have a ton of picks with what could be the best player from the draft
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Gone back and fourth whether to have Nemec or Jiricek here, I have settled on Jiricek here. I think he is a more impactful player in today NHL. Tampa is filled with big Dman with heavy shots, who can skate and defend, as well as jump up into the play and I think that is exactly what Jiricek can be at the next level
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-I like a lot of what Philly has up front, I think Nemec would be a great add next to Provorov, Ellis and Sanhiem to really solidify that top 4 in front of Hart
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksSavoie might be the best offensive player in the draft, and if he was 3 a few inches taller, I bet we would be talking about him pushing Wright for 1st overall. He's a great skater and playmaker (Barzal like) and will be a great potential line mate for Laine in the future
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Craig Button called him the best goal scorer in the draft, and the Sens would love to have a big power forward who can score big goals. They add to their already very strong prospect pool with this pick
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Solid two way center, Wings need centerman more than any other position in their depth chart and prospect pool. Yzerman has seemingly been hard to predict the past few drafts, but usually hits home run picks, and I feel like Kasper could be the next one in line
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo adds the best player on their board with Kemell. Very high upside pick here. Craigh Button compared him to Pastrnak... and who wouldn't want to have that on their team
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Maybe a slight reach here, but the Ducks could go a couple of different ways here but end up opting to bolster their D core with a Dman with a ton of offensive upside in Mintyukov. Think Makar x Byram, but with Drysdale x Mintyukov. The recipe to copy is there for the Avs, and the Ducks think they can replicate it here
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Sharks probably thought Lekkerimaki would be gone by this point, but would be thrilled to add him outside the top 10
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Jackets second pick in the top 12, and go with a player who has really risen up draft boards this year with his play for the Thunderbirds in the WHL. High upside pick here and should fit nicely in the Jackets top 4 eventually. Could be a PP quarterback and feed Laine
13Logo of the New York Islanders-Islanders could also go a couple different ways with this pick, but I think with a new head coach looking at their roster, they need more skilled forwards, and they go with what Craig Button described as a skilled power winger
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Gone back and fourth with this pick too, and being a Jets fan myself, I'm putting a lot of thought into this pick. I think they Jets have good depth up the middle of the ice, and also have some good young centermen in their prospect pool too with Lucius and Perfetti. This is a pick to compliment those players. Snuggerud is a winger and has been compared for Forsberg in Nashville who has obviously had success in the central division. Jets also love their NTDP players, and he will be the third player from the program off the board in this mock behind Cooley and Gauthier
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-With the likelihood of losing JT Miller in the future, Canucks would love to get their hands on this big centerman. Skating needs to improve for him to be successful at the next level, but has looked very good with the Winnipeg Ice in the WHL, and will likely have a few more years of junior before making the jump into the Canucks lineup
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsSabres with their second pick in the draft go with Nazar who might be the best skater in the draft, and plays a great two-way game. Who wouldn't want to have a player like this?
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-Preds go with Lambert here, they see the upside as he was pushing Wright for 1st overall at the start of this season. They see the potential, and see him as the best centerman available for them at this point
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas adds a smart player here, he is slightly undersized, but will be a nice piece for their prospect pool
19Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Kings have one the best prospect pools in the NHL and add to it with Kulich. Listed as a winger on Craig Button's list, and also has an NHL comparable to Jake Guentzel. Might be a nice player next to Byfield, Turcotte, or any of their other skilled forwards
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-As a fan of the Caps as well, I think they might swing for the fences a bit with this pick. They have a relatively thin prospect pool, but their weakest position is on the wing. After the guys they have now, there isn't much to be excited about in terms of prospects. They decide to take an almost boom or bust pick here. Button described him as a bull dog type goal scorer... sounds almost like Ovechkin to me. If he can stay healthy, he has a lot of upside, and might be the best goal scorer in the draft
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-With Letang possibly leaving, or at the very least getting up there in age, Pens look to replace his offensive output with this pick
22Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsSkilled, and hard to play against winger. Has been compared to Landeskog. Once again with the Ducks, they look at the blueprint set out by the Avs, and they think they can emulate that slightly with the selection of Ohgren
23Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Blues add to their blue line with a player who I think might even go a bit higher than this on draft day. Good frame, and skill set, still quite raw, but a few more years in junior and I think he can turn into a very solid defender in the NHL
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Wild are in need of more high upside centermen, Ostlund is not flashy, but gets the job done with his solid 200 ft game... just seems like a Wild player to me
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Leafs won't go with a risky, off the board pick this year IMO. McGroatry is a very safe pick for the Leafs who need someone with his competitive edge. Button gave him a 5/5 for his competitiveness, and compared him to Alex Killorn. Leafs have been missing a player like this since Hyman left last year, I think this is a great fit. He can play wing or center, and can play up and down the lineup. With the Leafs up against the cap, they might want to see him in the lineup sooner rather than later too in order to take advantage of his entry level contract
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary FlamesBig, French speaking, two way center. I was between a few players here, but Gaucher was just too good to pass up on. Habs now have a future top 3 centers of Wright, Suzuki, and Gaucher which is very solid
27Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina HurricanesCoyotes are attracted by the frame of Bichsel and make him their second pick in the draft. They have a bunch of picks coming up here, and they start their run with a big, defensive Dman
28Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida PanthersBuffalo's third first round pick of this draft sees them take their top rated right shot Dman to pair with Power or Dahlin in their future top 4. Luneau has a good frame, and has been compared to Chris Tanev who would be a nice complimentary piece on many teams
29Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Oilers get a steady defensive Dman who skates well, has a high compete level, and has been compared to Brett Pecse. This is exactly what the Oilers need to add to their young offensive Dman in Bouchard and Broberg
30Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the New York RangersJets add a rangy, right shot Dman with their second pick of the draft at the tail end of the first round. Rinzels risen up draft boards lately due to his frame, and skating ability. Button compared him to Ekholm, so once again, a player who has had a lot of success in the central division and a player who I could eventually see playing next to Morrisey in the top 4 and logging some serious minutes for the Jets, although he is definitely a few years away. Signed to play at the U of Minnesota next year, his development should be on a good course
31Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-Dynamic and explosive winger goes to Tampa. Simply a BPA here, and they feel like he has a lot of upside offensively and could hopefully contribute sooner rather than later in Tampa Bay
32Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado AvalancheClosing out the first round is a player who I've heard Craig Button speak very highly of. Said there is a difference between being a tall player, and being a player who uses their size. Said that Schaefer really stood out to him this year after going to watch Korchinski in Seattle as a player who uses his size and brings pucks to hard areas. I think of Nick Paul when I hear that
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Top of round 2, Habs grab their top rated Dman left on the board after going with back to back centers in round 1
34Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Right before this, Arizona went with a big winger who takes pucks to the net, this now allows them to not pay attention to the undersized frame of Firkus, and grab someone who is an absolute spark plug of a player
35Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle goes with a centerman after picking up a Dman in round 1. Luca had a great year in the OHL this season, and a lot of mock drafts have him inside of round 1. I have him falling to the start of round 2, and the Kraken grab what could possibly be a great option behind Beniers for many years
36Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Philadelphia FlyersCoyotes 3rd pick in the last 5 players taken sees them grabbing the best availble centerman on their board in Beck
37Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Bit of a reach here, but I think that Salomonsson has good potential to be a top 4 Dman for the Devils, and being a right shot also makes him more valuable for them too, they don't want to miss their guy
38Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Blackhawks first pick in the draft sees them adding some skill into their lineup. The Hawks seemingly always have a few wingers they acquire through the draft who have big seasons, and Perevaolov very well could be next in line
39Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Sens have a solid prospect pool, so I have them reaching a little bit here for a player who played in the AJHL this past season. Again, the Avs had success drafting a player out of that leauge (Cale Makar) and look what he did this year... Norris, Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup. I'm not saying that Lorenz will have an impact like Makar did, but what I am saying is, if you like the players, they shouldn't avoid him because he league he's playing in
40Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Wings pick up Seider's countryman in Lutz with this pick
41Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Big Swede heading to Buffalo, their second centerman they have selected in this draft along with Nazar
42Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Ducks go with a player who was also supposed to be a first round pick at the start of the year. Hughes will come to the Ducks organization without a ton of pressure on him as they already have players like Zegras and McTavish, and he also won't have a ton of media pressure based on being a high pick because he is the third player the Ducks pick in this mock. Might be a recipe for success for Jack Hughes
43Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the San Jose SharksCoyotes grab an undersized offensive Dman here. If Chychryn leaves, they need someone to be a PP quarterback and drive offense from the back end, and I think Havelid has the potential to do that
44Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Jackets had a great round 1 selecting Savoie and Korchinski. They select a big, stay at home Dman in Warren in the second round to compliment their high flying Dman like Werenski, Bean, Boqvist and now Korchinski
45Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the New York IslandersArizona makes their 7th pick in the top 45, and go with another slight reach here according to some, but I think with that many picks, you may as well take a flyer on what many consider to be the best goal in this years draft
46Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Winnipeg JetsCaps select an undersized Dman with a lot of upside. Could potentially replace Carlson eventually as their most offensive Dman
47Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Vancouver CanucksWild add a massive right shot Dman here in round 2
48Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas with their first selection in the draft adds a centerman from the USHL who had a good year and rose up draft boards because of his play
49Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Nashville PredatorsKraken add another centerman who put up good numbers in the OHL this past season, good offensive upside
50Logo of the Dallas Stars-Stars went with an undersized American forward in round 1, now in round 2 they replicate the pick but with a Dman instead
51Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Kings add a solid centerman in round 2
52Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsWings pickup a right shot Dman, could potentially be a nice piece behind Seider on the right side in the top 4
53Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsDucks have quietly had themselves a really nice draft here, and they add to it here with Nyman who is a rangy Finnish winger who projects to be a solid middle 6 winger
54Logo of the Boston Bruins-Boston makes their first selection of the draft and adds a strong centerman from the WHL
55Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the St. Louis BluesJets now go with a hometown pick in Ingram who has gone the USHL route, and is going to play NCAA D1 hockey next year for St Cloud State. Another project prospect taking the College route for the Jets who have consistantly proven they are a goo drafting team, and willing to let their prospects develop and be patient with them
56Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Skilled Russian winger with high compete coming to Minnesota, might be the Kaprizov connection but sees like a good add for the Wild here
57Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Minnesota WildAnother high upside piece heading to the Blackhawks in round 2
58Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsKraken make their 3rd out of 4 picks of round number 2, and I have them adding to he D core with Hamara
59Logo of the Calgary Flames-Flames make their first pick in the draft and I have them going with what I think will simply be the best available player at this point
60Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Hurricanes also going with the BPA at this position and take Vegas' Lund's teammate in Green Bay in the USHL
61Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Florida PanthersKraken make their 4th and final pick of round 2, and they have gone with two centermen, a Dman, and now I have them adding a solid winger out of the USHL to add to their prospect pool
62Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Edmonton OilersHabs add a solid winger from the OHL at the tail end of round 2
63Logo of the New York Rangers-Rangers are the last team to make a pick in this years draft, and they add a big Finnish center who has a great 200 ft game and a lot of upside
64Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningSens add to their D with this Swedish player
65Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Colorado AvalancheIslanders add a massive Russian winger to close out the second round
Jun. 29, 2022 at 10:38 p.m.
If it gets to pick 20, and mateychuk and miroshnichenko are still there, I would be able to breathe a sigh of relief as a penguins fan.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll