SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Final 2022 Mock With Descriptions (Top 50)

Final 2022 Mock With Descriptions (Top 50)

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: nickthehabsfan
Published: Jul. 5, 2022 at 5:40 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-I. AM. SCARED. Everything lately has been pointing to Slafkovsky #1 and i hate that. The hope that I am holding onto is that whenever the Canadiens publish something about the draft, the player they seem to be describing that they want sounds a lot more like Wright than Slafkovsky. They've said something along the lines of, "we want someone that has shown positive signs of development and not just a good couple weeks/tournaments,". That sounds like Wright, and I believe in Kent Hughes to make the correct choice here.
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Now there's a flip side to what I said before and that's what NJ is thinking. Based on everything we've seen it's Slafkovsky or Nemec here and with Slafkovsky not going #1, I don't think he makes it past NJ (or whoever picks here)
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-This pick has been projected the same way for a while and I don't see how/why it would change. Cooley is the 2nd most deserving player to go #1 after Wright, so getting him at 3 is pretty nice for Arizona.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-With the top 3 forwards being taken top 3, Seattle probably looks in the direction of a #1 defenseman. Looking at Bob McKenzie's rankings (which are based of NHL scout opinions and historically a good sign of what's to come) Simon Nemec is the highest ranked defender.
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Cutter Gauthier seems like such a Philly pick. Also looking at McKenzie's rankings Gauthier is ranked 5 so it seems like this match is likely to happen on draft night.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksColumbus is in a very cushy scenario here with 2 early 1sts. With the way that this draft is and the way that next year is looking, prioritizing a D should be what CBJ looks at with 6oa and look at a forward with 12oa. With Nemec going 4, Jiricek at 6 makes the most sense.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa does not like taking smaller players so I think they'll pass on Kemell and Savoie and take the player that isn't small in Marco Kasper. Kasper has been rising draft rankings last year and I think with Ottawa's history of reaching, Kasper is likely. If not Kasper maybe Geekie but based of the McKenzie rankings Kasper is higher.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-With the Wings taking D over the past drafts and with the players available I think they take a forward and take the potential steal of the draft in Matt Savoie. Savoie could go anywhere from 4 to the 10's because of his size and for no other reason. Whoever takes him will end up with a great player.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-This pick is difficult for me but in the end I think Buffalo goes with another potential steal in Frank Nazar. I have them taking Nazar over Kemell because I like Nazar more and I think due to Nazar being a center he would get the advantage over Kemell.
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-I think this is where Kemell goes. Imagine Kemell the sniper on Zegras's right. That would be an amazing duo and if you look at Anaheim's roster they could use a sniper on the right side. Kemell could go higher, I think this is a great pick for the Ducks.
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Based on McKenzie's rankings and the story line, I think if Lekkerimaki is available for San Jose they will take him and pair him up with Eklund. If the Sharks can get their hands on Lekkerimaki I think they will be very happy with their draft thus far.
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-With the Blue Jackets taking Jiricek at 6, I think they are deciding between Lambert, Yurov, and Geekie here. I like Yurov the most but due to the russian factor now seemingly playing a role (Ivan Fedotov) I don't think he goes here. Between Lambert and Geekie I have a feeling that Lambert will be the pick due to the Finnish connection.
13Logo of the New York Islanders-Lambert to NYI seems likely but that's not possible in this scenario. Because of that I think that the Isles go BPA which is Kevin Korchinski.
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-With Mintyukov available and with the Jets already having Perfetti and a good amount of young forwards I think they are ok taking Mintyukov. Mintyukov is a great piece and will become a stud for the Jets.
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-This is where i think Geekie stops "falling". I don't really have any other reasoning then I think that most teams see him as a top 10 player and with him available at 15 will be selected by the Canucks.
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsWith Nazar at 9, I think the Sabres look at a defenseman. The best one imo is Denton Mateychuk and I think there is a decent gap between him and other defensemen.
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-This is time for Yurov. With all the players above him I think he is the last player in this tier before the talent level drops off. Because of that I think Yurov goes around here. I would expect him to be selected anywhere from 10-20 on draft day.
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-there's no good defensemen available right now that should go here so I think that the Stars go with a forward and imo the best one is Isaac Howard. Could be Snuggerud, Kulich, or maybe Firkus but I'll go with Howard.
19Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Los Angeles KingsWith the Wild's first 1st rounder I think they go BPA due to their well balanced prospect pool and team and just take the other position at 24. In my opinion I think Jiri Kulich is the best guy here so I'll take him. Other than Rossi and maybe Eriksson Ek they don't really have that many centers so Kulich works well here.
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-I think there's a chance that the Capitals take a chance on Miro just like they took a chance on Lapierre a couple years ago. The Capitals are looking to extend their winning window as long as possible and they take the guy who might be top 5 in a re draft in a couple years. Possible steal here.
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-The Penguins have a really weak prospect pool so just looking at their NHL team they could use a younger center. Give it 3-4 years when this player is ready and Crosby will be 38, Malkin 39 if he sticks around, Carter 40+. Best center available imo is Rutger McGroarty so I'll have him going to Pittsburgh here.
22Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsWith the Ducks taking Kemell at 10 I think they take a D. The best one available that most teams would take here at 22 is Owen Pickering so I'll have the Ducks take him.
23Logo of the St. Louis Blues-The Blues don't really have a team need imo so based on the fact that they have Bolduc, Neighbors, Thomas, and Kyrou as U25 forwards but no D under 25 and no big D prospects I think they'll go with a D. Maybe they trade back into round 2 and take Kyrou to reunite the brothers? I'm doing no trades so I won't do that but I think it's possible. Based on the McKenzie rankings it seems the decision would be between Chesley, Bichsel, Rinzel, and Luneau. Out of those 4 I like Luneau the most.
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-With the Wild back on the clock and with the run on defensemen starting in this mock I think Minny goes D here. Following up on what I said last pick I think the Wild would be choosing between Chesley or Bichsel. I don't think the Wild have a need on one side more than the other so I'll go BDA and take Chesley.
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-The Leafs biggest need is a goalie but with none being good this year I think they go BPA in Jagger Firkus. As a Habs fan, this would hurt seeing him go right before us but what can you do?
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary FlamesThe Habs have been talking about how they want smart, good skating, two way players out of the draft and how they want to build the team. With Wright going 1 I also think they go D here at 26. Based on that description and the players available that screams Lane Hutson to me. Teams won't take Hutson round 1 because of his size? Habs happen to have a guy named Cole Caufield who's worked pretty well.
27Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina HurricanesWith the Yotes taking Cooley at 3 you'd think they'd go with a D here but because they pick at 32, 34 and 36 coming up I think they might wait a bit before taking a D and just take BPA right now. I think that BPA is Jimmy Snuggerud so I'll have him going here.
28Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida PanthersWith the Sabres already haven taken Nazar and Mateychuk so far I also think they go BPA. One of Ostlund or Ohgren makes sense here, between those two, Liam Ohgren is ranked higher so I'll select him here.
29Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Oilers could use some players to put around their stars but they could also use some younger D. Because of that I think they just go BPA and take Ostlund.
30Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the New York RangersAfter taking Mintyukov at 14 I think Jets go with a forward to balance it out. Based on McKenzie's rankings it's between LDB, Gaucher, Mesar, and Beck. Out of those 4 I like Del Bel Belluz the most.
31Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-The Bolts have no need everywhere so they go BPA. Out of the guys available that should go here I like Mesar the most.
32Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado AvalancheLike I said at pick 27, Yotes should just go BPA for their next picks and just make sure to take a D somewhere. Out of the guys available I think Casey is the most likely to go here. That also checks the box of a defender on day 1 for the Yotes so it works out well for them.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-I think there's better players available but I don't the Habs will pass on Gaucher if he's available at 33. He's ranked around here and he's Quebecois so yeah...
34Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-With the amount of picks that the Yotes have in the early 2nd round I think they will be willing to take some risks with russian players. I think Trikozov should be a 1st rounder but because of him being russian, will fall to round 2. Whoever drafts him is getting a steal.
35Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Last year the Kraken took a forward at 2 and a defenseman with their 2nd pick. I think they do the same thing this year. With Nemec at 4, I think a forward is the pick here. I like Perevalov and Goyette here but because of the russian factor I think Goyette is the pick.
36Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Philadelphia FlyersLook who it is again! Like I said last pick at 35, I like Perevalov here and like I said at 34 I think the Yotes will be fine taking russians.
37Logo of the New Jersey Devils-After taking Slafkovsky at 2, I think the Devils look to help the blueline here. I think it's between Rinzel, Odelius, Bichsel, and Nelson. Out of those 4 I rank them Nelson, Odelius, Bichsel, Rinzel so I'll follow that order. Because they took Luke Hughes last year I'll go with a RD and take Nelson.
38Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-The Blackhawks could use help everywhere, especially if they trade Debrincat. Because of that BPA is probably the pick here. Out of the guys that should go here, I like Beck the most.
39Logo of the Ottawa Senators-This pick is easy, after taking Kasper at 7 I think the Sens go with a D and take Odelius.
40Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-After getting a steal in Savoie it's time for a D. Next best one of the 4 I listed earlier is Bichsel, so pretty easy pick.
41Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-The Sabres have already taken a D and forward so I think they'll go BPA here. I'll go with the riser in draft rankings lately in Reid Schaefer. He might be this year's Boucher...
42Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Same thing as the Sabres, I think it's time for BPA. It seems most people have Jack Hughes in this range. Personally I don't like him that much but he'll go somewhere here and as this is a mock and not a ranking here we go.
43Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the San Jose SharksAGAIN? How many picks do these guys have? I think it's time for another defenseman. The options are Havelid, Warren, and Lindgren. I threw Lindgren in there cuz I like him the most out of any D that could go here. Havelid is ranked around 33 so I'll have him going here.
44Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Another team that I think goes BPA. Personally I really like Jani Nyman, his point production is pretty impressive in Mestis and his size is also a positive attribute. The Finnish connection might also bring him to Columbus but idk we'll see.
45Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the New York IslandersI've lost track of who I have the Yotes taking so I'll go BPA. I really like Dumais so I'll take him here. If the Yotes can get their hands on a bunch of players with high ceilings they will be set up so well for the future. I know Dumais will probably go 55-70 but whoever takes him will be pretty happy.
46Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Winnipeg JetsMiro at 20 means its time for a defenseman. I like Lindgren the most out of the guys available.
47Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Vancouver CanucksWild have already taken both a F and D so BPA makes the most sense here. I like Zhilkin and he's ranked around here so I'll select him. Cameron Lund is also a good choice.
48Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas doesn't need anything that can't help them right now so I'll go BPA again and take Cameron Lund.
49Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Nashville PredatorsIt's time for another BPA pick. Seattle is still new and doesn't have any needs yet so that's why BPA makes sense. I like Adam Ingram the most here.
50Logo of the Dallas Stars-
Christian Kyrou
With the final pick in this mock draft it's a defensemen going here. If I want to go realistic I'd go Warren or Lamoreaux but since it's the final pick I'll go with a guy I like in baby Kyrou.
51Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
52Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington Capitals
53Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
54Logo of the Boston Bruins-
55Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the St. Louis Blues
56Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
57Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Minnesota Wild
58Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
59Logo of the Calgary Flames-
60Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
61Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Florida Panthers
62Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
63Logo of the New York Rangers-
64Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
65Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
Jul. 5, 2022 at 6:22 p.m.
Darkblade
I think habs will go with Wright tbh, if they do take cooley both of their center will be under 6 feet tall and thats a big no even if Cooley averages a ppg, come playoff time he'll likely get pushed around due to his frame, and what they said also indicates that they're not gonna take Slaf.
nickthehabsfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll