SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock with descriptions

Mock with descriptions

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: TheWildSabres
Published: Jul. 6, 2022 at 4:47 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-The obvious pick. Not really much else to say.
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Honestly, wouldn't be my pick at 2, I would rather have either Cooley or Nemec, but it seems like NJ have him on their mind. Also it does fill a positional need for NJ so it makes plenty of sense.
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Very much seems like Arizona will take Cooley, they really do need dynamic forwards and Cooley will bring that to them.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Best puck handling defenseman in the draft, and I guess it fills a need for Seattle. In my view the top 4 should be a lock in, but you never know. Jiricek would also be a solid pick here, but I prefer Nemec's upside.
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Seems like a Philly pick, although I think his upside is less than other players around here it's a decent selection.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksJiricek is a top 5 selection in my view, so I would be surprised if CBJ passed on him.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-IMO this is where things get much more tricky - Lekkerimaki would be another great pick for Ottawa, great potential as a sniper.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Higher than I would have him, but Yzerman is such an elite drafter I would be very confident in this pick. Lots of people are linking Kasper to Detroit, so here we go.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-This would be a steal for me at 9. Savoie is an underrated prospect in my eyes, and even though the Sabres are not lacking in centre depth Savoie could definitely be a winger at the NHL, thus we pick him up.
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Love the potential of Korchinski, it seems like Anaheim will take a defenseman here so I have Korchinski going. Could also be Mintyukov, but maybe the Russian factor would have something to say about it.
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Solid pick here for the sharks, they need good prospects and I think Kemell would be great here and should pair well with Eklund. If Kemell/Savoie go higher and Lekkerimaki falls to them, I would be very surprised to see him drop past them.
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-TRADE!!!! Arizona are now picking here, as some people have speculated. Taken a forward with Cooley, so Mintyukov at 12 makes sense. Great offensive potential, could be a steal here.
13Logo of the New York Islanders-Honestly I have no idea where the isles will go here, but Bichsel seems like an isles player and I really like his potential defensively, if not offensively. If not Bichsel, then I see Geekie, or maybe even Snuggerud as potential picks for the Isles.
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Winnipeg Ice player, seems like something they'd want (and many GMs) on their team, down to his size. Not my favourite prospect but I can see why many teams want him.
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Some have linked Yurov to Vancouver, but I see him slipping further with the Fedotov news. Therefore they take Ostlund.
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsThis is a bit off the board, and maybe they could pick him at 28, but better safe than sorry. Like his defensive game, and the Sabres prospect pool is limited at RD, so this should be a solid selection.
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-I would have Lambert slightly higher, but I'd say he drops to Nashville, who could do with more centres (as could most to be fair). Boom or bust perhaps
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-Eh, I'm not 100% sure here, but McGroarty has great talent and with a good skating coach could become a seriously good player.
19Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Los Angeles KingsSeriously good pick for Minnesota, would really like this to happen. I would be very surprised if Minnesota did not end up taking at least 1 centre in the first round, with their limited pool.
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-Yurov's slide ends here, and the caps get a great prospect, could really be a steal again. Will be fascinating to see what happens with Russian players in the draft, it's honestly unpredictable.
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
22Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
23Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary Flames
27Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
28Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida Panthers
29Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
30Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the New York Rangers
31Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
32Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
Jul. 6, 2022 at 5:16 p.m.
chibrikov is a steal
I like this take. Though I don't think Nazar falls past Winnipeg.

I agree with the Islanders pick, but apparently they are linked to Lambert and Gaucher. The pick also could be traded as well.
TheWildSabres liked this.
Jul. 6, 2022 at 6:11 p.m.
On 12OA, my question is [extremely Shoresy voice] "FOR WHAT?!" Like, what are the Blue Jackets getting for 12OA? Because I don't really want Chychrun, so I'm not sure there's a fit here. Would rather see GMJK take Lambert or Nazar in this scenario.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll