Chytil is gone for right price

Created by: aastorino1993
Team: 2022-23 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 11, 2022
Published: Jul. 11, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Filip Chytil:
I am going to keep making these until I see a move made by Drury. I honestly want him gone and to move on from this kid. He isn't worth his $2.3mil even for one year. IMO he is at his highest selling point based on his consistent performance in the playoffs. I just think he is not a consistent player and not very good in the DZone. He loses assignments, doesn't score goals, doesn't produce enough for what the Rangers need him to be and that is a 2C at this point. I mean the guy had 22pts and 8 of them were goals (coming out to basically a goal per month). Move him for a high pick and a prospect, or move him for a center that is more consistent.

Kappo Kakko:
Sign him to his $2.25mil bridge deal. He has 2 more years to show he can play in the NHL for the NYR IMO. He is like a Chytil and patience is wearing thin as the years go on with him. Hopefully, him being fully healthy, with a regular summer, training camp can be good for him and having some normalcy after everything he has gone through with COVID years and everything. I think he is a good player and he has a ton of potential, but he needs to start showing that on a consistent basis. He is so big and so versatile, he skates decently well and can shoot the puck; everything needs to start to come together for him now. LASTLY, he needs to play in a top 6 role to show his full potential whether it is 1st or 2nd line this year.

Frank Vatrano:
Honestly, I like him a lot, but he is not a 1st line guy even though he played well with Mika and Kreider. He is suited more as a 2nd or 3rd line guy. I think he will play very well with Goodrow and Motte because they can just buzz and cause havoc in the offensive zone while also playing well defensively. This would be a line I as a coach would never worry about because they can add some secondary scoring. I don't know what he will be or is asking for, so I just put him at $2.75mil to keep the Rangers under the cap.

Eric Comrie:
He had a pretty decent season with Winnipeg this year. He only played 19 games and would most likely get 20-30 with the Rangers behind Igor, but I think he is a very suitable backup despite the fact that this is really his first season as a full-time backup. If they can get him, I would snag him and try to get his salary cheap.

Patrik Nemeth:
Refrain from buying out his contract. TRY TRY TRY and just offload it to a team that is not on his 8-team no trade list for like a 7th rounder or something. Bite the bullet, but the Rangers need to get him completely off the books. For the sake of this, I just picked any random team. It could be to any team that is willing to give a 7th-rounder for him without any salary retained.

Curtis Lazar:
Lazar is a more than capable 4th-line center. This is an easy sell to him to come play for the Rangers. IDK what he is asking for, but I wanted to keep everything under the cap so I only signed him on this for $850K

Filip Chytil Trade:
100% asking for too much for him, but I am just getting him off the books. I am not a GM, I don't know what he really is worth. I think he can return at least a 3rd or a 4th round pick and maybe more, but I am not sure.

Andrew Copp:
Sign him to $5.25mil, but no more than $5.5 for 4/5 years. Any longer or more money is a cap crunch as you will see.

Finally Remarks:
I have faith Drury will do something right this offseason as he has made some good trades so far with the deadline moves. Hopefully, this summer is better than last year's and he can redeem himself with the Reaves signing. I want to see this team succeed and continue to do well for years to come, but this cap crunch they are in is freaking me out as I hope it all works out.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$1,875,000
3$1,000,000
2$850,000
4$5,250,000
2$800,000
3$2,750,000
Trades
NYR
  1. 2023 7th round pick (NJD)
NJD
  1. Nemeth, Patrik
Additional Details:
NO SALARY RETAINED
NYR
  1. Crookshank, Angus
  2. 2023 4th round pick (OTT)
  3. 2024 5th round pick (OTT)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$82,388,969$0$4,632,500$111,031
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 8
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 5
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW
RFA - 2
$1,875,000$1,875,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$1,525,000$1,525,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$797,500$797,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 11, 2022 at 3:45 a.m.
Banned
Chytil trade is terrible for the Rangers and no chance you sign Copp or Vatrano at those numbers.
Jul. 11, 2022 at 4:01 a.m.
Canucks would probably take him for our third line centre if we give you a 3rd and your 4th plus any other prospect you need.
aastorino1993 liked this.
Jul. 11, 2022 at 4:15 a.m.
Quoting: Fotiu4U
Chytil trade is terrible for the Rangers and no chance you sign Copp or Vatrano at those numbers.

Copp cannot be more than $5.5mil. for 5 years max. Vatrano i get, that one isn't way off but I am sure he wants to see 3.5-4mil and the Rangers can't afford that.

Chytil trade isn't terrible for a guy who has under performed in his 5 regular seasons. He had one good 20 game stretch of playoff games. They either give him his 2nd line center role everyone has been talking about or they get rid of him and find a more suitable guy in that role (Copp). Idk what his value is, but Crookshank is an up-incoming player that could potentially do very well or he could be a complete bust. A 3rd and 4th round i thought would be okay for him as a player. The 1st or 2nd round in return is a no go. That will not happen, his stock is not worth that much right now unless he has a season with 40+ points next year.
Jul. 11, 2022 at 4:18 a.m.
Quoting: Angusc
Canucks would probably take him for our third line centre if we give you a 3rd and your 4th plus any other prospect you need.

If that is the case. I am sure the Rangers would go after Linus Karlsson + 3rd round pick and their 4th round pick back from the Motte trade.
Jul. 11, 2022 at 8:43 a.m.
You are paying to dump Nemeth. He was one of the worst defensemen in the league last year.
Jul. 11, 2022 at 12:17 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: aastorino1993
Copp cannot be more than $5.5mil. for 5 years max. Vatrano i get, that one isn't way off but I am sure he wants to see 3.5-4mil and the Rangers can't afford that.

Chytil trade isn't terrible for a guy who has under performed in his 5 regular seasons. He had one good 20 game stretch of playoff games. They either give him his 2nd line center role everyone has been talking about or they get rid of him and find a more suitable guy in that role (Copp). Idk what his value is, but Crookshank is an up-incoming player that could potentially do very well or he could be a complete bust. A 3rd and 4th round i thought would be okay for him as a player. The 1st or 2nd round in return is a no go. That will not happen, his stock is not worth that much right now unless he has a season with 40+ points next year.

If that is all Chytil can return than no sense in trading him. IMO, he is worth more than that, and I don't have a problem trading him, but not at that little a return.
Jul. 12, 2022 at 2:51 a.m.
If that is all Chytil can return than no sense in trading him. IMO, he is worth more than that, and I don't have a problem trading him, but not at that little a return.

What do you think he is worth then? To trade him, I guarantee the Rangers are looking for a 1st or a 2nd which IMO they will not get for him and they will have to attach another prospect in order to get a 1st back. The sense in trading him is taking his $2.3 off the books to go out and get a 2C. It is either that or just stick with him and make him 2C next year full-time and if he sucks, sell him for a bag of pucks at the deadline which will hurt his stock and what he can sell for currently since he was a 7th overall....
Jul. 12, 2022 at 2:53 a.m.
Quoting: NJDevils1317
You are paying to dump Nemeth. He was one of the worst defensemen in the league last year.

lmao I agree they will probably have to but they need to find something that someone needs, a team that he will go to, and get his whole contract off the books for next year. The only way to get something going or let him rot as a 7th defenseman. Guy signs a 2.5mil contract and literally becomes the worst defenseman in the league
Jul. 12, 2022 at 3:39 a.m.
Banned
What do you think he is worth then? To trade him, I guarantee the Rangers are looking for a 1st or a 2nd which IMO they will not get for him and they will have to attach another prospect in order to get a 1st back. The sense in trading him is taking his $2.3 off the books to go out and get a 2C. It is either that or just stick with him and make him 2C next year full-time and if he sucks, sell him for a bag of pucks at the deadline which will hurt his stock and what he can sell for currently since he was a 7th overall....

With the status of Copp and Strome most likely leaving in free agency, it makes more sense than ever to keep Chytil to at worst case center the 3rd line and move up to 2C if they can't find a 2C in free agency or via trade. I would be fine trading him in a package deal for a true 2C, but short of that, there is no reason to move him yet. He is only 22 and showed signs of real development during the playoffs. He is signed for 1 more year at a reasonable cost. Money for a 2C is available because Strome leaving frees up $4.5 million plus buying out or trading Nemeth gives them plenty to sign a 2C, without off loading Chytil's $2.3m. Also, the proposed return for him in your trade may as well be a bag of pucks, so it can't hurt to keep him and see if the development he showed in the playoffs will continue. If so, he could very well be the answer at 2C. It would hate to trade him for squat and then see him become something good for another team.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 2:37 a.m.
With the status of Copp and Strome most likely leaving in free agency, it makes more sense than ever to keep Chytil to at worst case center the 3rd line and move up to 2C if they can't find a 2C in free agency or via trade. I would be fine trading him in a package deal for a true 2C, but short of that, there is no reason to move him yet. He is only 22 and showed signs of real development during the playoffs. He is signed for 1 more year at a reasonable cost. Money for a 2C is available because Strome leaving frees up $4.5 million plus buying out or trading Nemeth gives them plenty to sign a 2C, without off loading Chytil's $2.3m. Also, the proposed return for him in your trade may as well be a bag of pucks, so it can't hurt to keep him and see if the development he showed in the playoffs will continue. If so, he could very well be the answer at 2C. It would hate to trade him for squat and then see him become something good for another team.

He scored 8 goals in the regular season and played decently well for 20 games. The main concern with him is consistency in an 82 game season. He obviously elevated him game in the playoffs as everyone does, but he sucks defensively and doesn’t produce enough. Yah I get it, keep it for 1 year let his contract die out and see what he does next season. I am only speaking right now and how they can use his stock to sell him to free up space for a solidified 2C and find a cheap 3/4C. That trade is null and void, I don’t know what GM’s believe his worth is, I’m not trying to think of that because I have no idea, but you’re crazy to think he returns a 1st or a 2nd and so is any GM that believes that as well, especially with 2 very good drafts coming up.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 11:38 a.m.
Banned
He scored 8 goals in the regular season and played decently well for 20 games. The main concern with him is consistency in an 82 game season. He obviously elevated him game in the playoffs as everyone does, but he sucks defensively and doesn’t produce enough. Yah I get it, keep it for 1 year let his contract die out and see what he does next season. I am only speaking right now and how they can use his stock to sell him to free up space for a solidified 2C and find a cheap 3/4C. That trade is null and void, I don’t know what GM’s believe his worth is, I’m not trying to think of that because I have no idea, but you’re crazy to think he returns a 1st or a 2nd and so is any GM that believes that as well, especially with 2 very good drafts coming up.

I don't think he is ideal at 2C either believe me, but not ready to give him away. Looks like Drury is going to sign Trocheck, so i may be a moot point.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 12:49 p.m.
I don't think he is ideal at 2C either believe me, but not ready to give him away. Looks like Drury is going to sign Trocheck, so i may be a moot point.

thats Drury saying Chytil is 3C. Now they need to find a place for Nemeth to clear up space for Kakko and other wingers because Othmann will go back to junior and they need to find another defenseman.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 12:56 p.m.
Banned
thats Drury saying Chytil is 3C. Now they need to find a place for Nemeth to clear up space for Kakko and other wingers because Othmann will go back to junior and they need to find another defenseman.

He will move Nemeth at some point, probably by giving away a draft pick, but that's fine.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll