$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 13, 2022 at 7:29 p.m.
Owly
Murphy is not a 4+ million dollar player. I would much rather keep Sandin. He's going to play the whole season for us.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 7:44 p.m.
Heinen will probably get more than that with the Pens. It’s easy to understand why the Pens didn’t tender a QO to Heinen though. You don’t want to get stuck in an arb hearing with a guy that scored 18 goals.

But the Pens probably still make a run at Heinen in free agency. I would guess 1.5M-2.2Mper.

I bet Sandin gets an offer sheet too. I read somewhere that teams are interested in offering him. 4.1M offer sheet and they only lose a 2nd round pick.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 7:47 p.m.
Quoting: Logan_Ollivier
Murphy is not a 4+ million dollar player. I would much rather keep Sandin. He's going to play the whole season for us.

I read somewhere that teams are interested in offering Sandin. Dubas was quoted as saying “I hope they hurry up and offer him so we can decided and move on”. A 4.1M offer sheet and the team only lose a 2nd round pick. Toronto probably can’t match that offer.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 7:50 p.m.
Owly
Quoting: LetsGoPens69
I read somewhere that teams are interested in offering Sandin. Dubas was quoted as saying “I hope they hurry up and offer him so we can decided and move on”. A 4.1M offer sheet and the team only lose a 2nd round pick. Toronto probably can’t match that offer.

They certainly could match it but it would make the cap so so tight. We can very easily move out Kerfoot and Holl to clear that space. But who's going to offer Sandin that kind of money? What has he proven in the NHL? I would be shocked if anyone offered more than 2.5.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 7:54 p.m.
Edited Jul. 15, 2022 at 10:11 p.m.
They certainly could match it but it would make the cap so so tight. We can very easily move out Kerfoot and Holl to clear that space. But who's going to offer Sandin that kind of money? What has he proven in the NHL? I would be shocked if anyone offered more than 2.5.

Ok, I guess we’ll see. I read 4.1M and losing a 2nd round pick for a rebuilding team.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/maple-leafs-roundup-dubas-talks-sandin-offer-sheet-campbell-decision-trade-value/

“Fellow pending RFA, Timothy Liljegren, signed a two-year, $2.8-million bridge deal. No doubt, Sandin has been offered something similar.

He wants more. And with so many veteran left-shot defenders, it remains unclear exactly where Sandin immediately fits into a lineup he did not crack in the post-season after rehabbing a knee injury”.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 8:10 p.m.
Owly
Ok, I guess we’ll see. I read 4.1M and losing a 2nd round pick for a rebuilding team.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/maple-leafs-roundup-dubas-talks-sandin-offer-sheet-campbell-decision-trade-value/

“Fellow pending RFA, Timothy Liljegren, signed a two-year, $2.8-million bridge deal. No doubt, Sandin has been offered something similar.

He wants more. And with so many veteran left-shot defenders, it remains unclear exactly where Sandin immediately fits into a lineup he did not crack in the post-season after rehabbing a knee injury”.

That's the TO media spinning everything up. Dubas has said repeatedly that Sandin is a huge part of our future. As recently as today. It would have to be a crazy offer sheet for TO to walk away from. Like Carolina giving KK that insane 1 year deal. Does anyone actually think Sandin has earned substantially more than Liljegren?
Jul. 13, 2022 at 8:15 p.m.
That's the TO media spinning everything up. Dubas has said repeatedly that Sandin is a huge part of our future. As recently as today. It would have to be a crazy offer sheet for TO to walk away from. Like Carolina giving KK that insane 1 year deal. Does anyone actually think Sandin has earned substantially more than Liljegren?

I’m just saying my man. It’s out there. I remember seeing tweets from insiders or Leafs beat writers about it too. It’s ok. I hope he stays. Obviously you do too.

If I was the Leafs though I’d be happy with the 2nd round pick. If I was a rebuilding team, id rather Sandin than a 2nd round pick. If I was a rebuilding team I would offer sheet Kakko 4.1M foo.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 8:21 p.m.
Owly
I’m just saying my man. It’s out there. I remember seeing tweets from insiders or Leafs beat writers about it too. It’s ok. I hope he stays. Obviously you do too.

If I was the Leafs though I’d be happy with the 2nd round pick. If I was a rebuilding team, id rather Sandin than a 2nd round pick. If I was a rebuilding team I would offer sheet Kakko 4.1M foo.

Like I said, I doubt it happens and if it does, the ceiling for the 2nd rounder won't be enough. They can move Holl and Kerfoot easily.
LetsGoPens69 liked this.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 8:35 p.m.
Edited Jul. 13, 2022 at 8:40 p.m.
Like I said, I doubt it happens and if it does, the ceiling for the 2nd rounder won't be enough. They can move Holl and Kerfoot easily.

I don’t know. We’ll see. I don’t pick and choice what information to believe that is out there. I think most all of it has merit. The likelyhood of most of the rumors out there happening is low but I believe there is definitely a chance and some truth to it.

And trading Keefoot and Holl wouldn’t make sense to me. Most likely the Leafs would have add assets to move them. If they could “easily” move them, they would have done it already.

If a rebuilding team does offer 4.1M, I can’t see the Leafs matching either. Although u are right, the likelihood of that is low.

But exactly like Dubas said, he is a big part of their future but hurry up so they can make a decision and move on.

The articles say that was Dubas’s message was to Sandin’s agent. That it was a question pertaining to the agent and a potential offer sheet.

“One week before Sandin is set to become a restricted free agent, his general manager fired a message, through the media, to the defenceman’s agent, Lewis Gross”.
Jul. 13, 2022 at 10:38 p.m.
Owly
I don’t know. We’ll see. I don’t pick and choice what information to believe that is out there. I think most all of it has merit. The likelyhood of most of the rumors out there happening is low but I believe there is definitely a chance and some truth to it.

And trading Keefoot and Holl wouldn’t make sense to me. Most likely the Leafs would have add assets to move them. If they could “easily” move them, they would have done it already.

If a rebuilding team does offer 4.1M, I can’t see the Leafs matching either. Although u are right, the likelihood of that is low.

But exactly like Dubas said, he is a big part of their future but hurry up so they can make a decision and move on.

The articles say that was Dubas’s message was to Sandin’s agent. That it was a question pertaining to the agent and a potential offer sheet.

“One week before Sandin is set to become a restricted free agent, his general manager fired a message, through the media, to the defenceman’s agent, Lewis Gross”.

Why haven't they traded them? Because they don't need to at this moment. And if they have to move them, are you telling me it would cost anything to move a 52 point forward who can play all 3 forward positions, and kill penalties? Or a big RD who can play 20 minutes a night in a pinch, and only makes 2 million?

Frigging Gudbranson just got 4+ million and he is a #6 defenceman.
Jul. 14, 2022 at 4:13 p.m.
Why haven't they traded them? Because they don't need to at this moment. And if they have to move them, are you telling me it would cost anything to move a 52 point forward who can play all 3 forward positions, and kill penalties? Or a big RD who can play 20 minutes a night in a pinch, and only makes 2 million?

Frigging Gudbranson just got 4+ million and he is a #6 defenceman.

Ya, I just don’t think it’s that easy like u said. Can “easily” just trade them. Not that easy. Especially with most teams cap strapped as is.

Again, I guess we’ll see. And again, the likelyhood of Sandin getting an offer sheet are low. Probably about 10%. But the narrative is out there that he might. And if he does, if he does, which again, is a very low possibility, I don’t see the Leafs matching it.

That’s my opinion with the things I’ve read backing the opinion. It’s not your opinion. It’s fine. We are just gonna keep repeating ourselves saying the same things in different ways. It’s not that serious. Have a good day!! I hope Sandin retires a Leaf.!!
Jul. 14, 2022 at 7:08 p.m.
Owly
Ya, I just don’t think it’s that easy like u said. Can “easily” just trade them. Not that easy. Especially with most teams cap strapped as is.

Again, I guess we’ll see. And again, the likelyhood of Sandin getting an offer sheet are low. Probably about 10%. But the narrative is out there that he might. And if he does, if he does, which again, is a very low possibility, I don’t see the Leafs matching it.

That’s my opinion with the things I’ve read backing the opinion. It’s not your opinion. It’s fine. We are just gonna keep repeating ourselves saying the same things in different ways. It’s not that serious. Have a good day!! I hope Sandin retires a Leaf.!!

There are a pile of teams that would be able to add Kerfoot and seeing how guys with similar production are all getting 4.5-6 million, Kerfoot is great value at his cap hit. The Leafs don't want to move him, but if they wanted to go in a different direction or had to in the case of an offer sheet, many teams would be interested.

Without a doubt.

Gudbranson just got 4.5 million. Holl is less than half his salary. If that's the market for a big RD that should never play above the 3rd pair, how can anyone rationally argue Holl has no value? At worst he's a bottom pair defenceman making 2 million but has been successful playing 20+ minutes a night. I definitely would be terrified if Gudbranson was playing 20 minutes a night. He's such a pylon but he's big and he hits everyone, you can find guys that do the same for way less. So the market is set. Holl definitely has value at his price tag
Jul. 14, 2022 at 7:48 p.m.
There are a pile of teams that would be able to add Kerfoot and seeing how guys with similar production are all getting 4.5-6 million, Kerfoot is great value at his cap hit. The Leafs don't want to move him, but if they wanted to go in a different direction or had to in the case of an offer sheet, many teams would be interested.

Without a doubt.

Gudbranson just got 4.5 million. Holl is less than half his salary. If that's the market for a big RD that should never play above the 3rd pair, how can anyone rationally argue Holl has no value? At worst he's a bottom pair defenceman making 2 million but has been successful playing 20+ minutes a night. I definitely would be terrified if Gudbranson was playing 20 minutes a night. He's such a pylon but he's big and he hits everyone, you can find guys that do the same for way less. So the market is set. Holl definitely has value at his price tag

Cool…I disagree..and I’m quite familiar with Kerfoot and Holl.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll