Forums/Armchair-GM

First Try Minimal Change Roster Edit 1

Created by: Broncos27
Team: 2022-23 Carolina Hurricanes
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 16, 2022
Published: Jul. 16, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Nino on cheap deal. Trade for Chyhrun for Gardiner and salary retained. Not signing Necas or Bear. Minimal changes.
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$4,100,000
Trades
CAR
  1. Chychrun, Jakob ($1,380,000 retained)
ARI
  1. Gardiner, Jake
  2. Necas, Martin [RFA Rights]
  3. Suzuki, Ryan
  4. 2023 1st round pick (CAR)
  5. 2023 2nd round pick (CAR)
  6. 2024 1st round pick (CAR)
  7. 2024 2nd round pick (CAR)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$82,500,000$81,861,917$112,500$500,000$638,083
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$7,750,000$7,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
$8,460,250$8,460,250
C
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
RFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,820,000$4,820,000
C
UFA - 8
$5,400,000$5,400,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,280,000$5,280,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,025,000$4,025,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$3,220,000$3,220,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 16, 2022 at 8:19 p.m.
Bro what is that Chychrun trade
Jul. 16, 2022 at 8:20 p.m.
Glep
Cmon man
Jul. 16, 2022 at 8:23 p.m.
Quoting: Canesfan21_
Bro what is that Chychrun trade

Please elaborate? This is my first time messing around with this.
Jul. 16, 2022 at 8:24 p.m.
Quoting: Hurricanes73
Cmon man

Jul. 16, 2022 at 8:38 p.m.
Glep
Quoting: Broncos27

Dude u literally just changed the trade from gards and two seconds for chychrun 50% retained. Don’t think I forget utter garbage like that
Jul. 16, 2022 at 10:29 p.m.
Dude u literally just changed the trade from gards and two seconds for chychrun 50% retained. Don’t think I forget utter garbage like that

I wasn’t done messing with it yet 😂 I published because I didn’t know if I could save so I could go help with my 2 week old baby. Again, first time like it says in the title - learning the things I can do and how to do them.

Always looking for positive criticism though “dude”
Jul. 16, 2022 at 10:37 p.m.
Glep
I wasn’t done messing with it yet 😂 I published because I didn’t know if I could save so I could go help with my 2 week old baby. Again, first time like it says in the title - learning the things I can do and how to do them.

Always looking for positive criticism though “dude”

O man I feel like a dick right now. I didn’t realize you were new new like that. I would like to welcome you to the community and apologize for my earlier comments. If you need any tips let me know. Congrats on the baby and always feel free the reach out. Sorry for being harsh, I didn’t realize you were so new, I would suggest don’t edit a team after you post it tho most of the time because it’s like publishing an unfinished product. I get you’re getting used to it so again I apologize.

Talking hockey- pretty decent value for chychrun (although maybe not with retention) and I love the idea of bringing back Nino. Overall the revised team looks good and I think the revision makes it a much better team. Sorry for thinking you were a troll at the start. Again, welcome to the community and if you ever need any help I am here for you.
Jul. 16, 2022 at 10:51 p.m.
O man I feel like a dick right now. I didn’t realize you were new new like that. I would like to welcome you to the community and apologize for my earlier comments. If you need any tips let me know. Congrats on the baby and always feel free the reach out. Sorry for being harsh, I didn’t realize you were so new, I would suggest don’t edit a team after you post it tho most of the time because it’s like publishing an unfinished product. I get you’re getting used to it so again I apologize.

Talking hockey- pretty decent value for chychrun (although maybe not with retention) and I love the idea of bringing back Nino. Overall the revised team looks good and I think the revision makes it a much better team. Sorry for thinking you were a troll at the start. Again, welcome to the community and if you ever need any help I am here for you.

No worries, I’ve most likely responded the same way to people who have appeared probably the same way that I did on Reddit many times. Yes I am new, new like today 😂

Such a tricky place honestly with working with it all, biggest block for me is Necas and Bear right now:

I’m not sure where Necas would fit with our current team landscape. Hard to pinpoint our lines with a player like him with Staal pretty much holding down a line that is tethered to his play-style. Love Staal and what he has done for our team and the things he brings, but (may get crucified for it) I think our team has grown past him and his $6MM holds a lot of our ability to do more things back.

Bear I really do like, but getting COVID (apparently long at that) right after his injury really put a damper on his season and a lot of fans hopes. If we knew he was recovered I would likely include him on this roster somehow on 3rd pair. He was starting to play well on the system before that injury. I do think if we get him back a shorter bridge deal would be all I would offer, maybe the $2-2.5MM range.

Some other notes - I do actually like Skjei, but not $5.25MM worth. Unlike some fans I don’t see Suzuki coming into the NHL and making an impact, I would hope I’m wrong, but I just don’t see it at this point - I think the hype outweighs reality. Martinook may be slightly overpaid, and while his production isn’t great, I feel he gets too much hate. I am cautiously curious about what Kase can do. I think the demand for Nino is lower than he thought it was going to be so there may be a real chance he comes back if we want him.

I’m liking reading through the armchair-GM stuff right now because it’s another way I can chat with fans about thoughts, ideas, etc.
Cardiak liked this.
Jul. 16, 2022 at 11:25 p.m.
Glep
No worries, I’ve most likely responded the same way to people who have appeared probably the same way that I did on Reddit many times. Yes I am new, new like today 😂

Such a tricky place honestly with working with it all, biggest block for me is Necas and Bear right now:

I’m not sure where Necas would fit with our current team landscape. Hard to pinpoint our lines with a player like him with Staal pretty much holding down a line that is tethered to his play-style. Love Staal and what he has done for our team and the things he brings, but (may get crucified for it) I think our team has grown past him and his $6MM holds a lot of our ability to do more things back.

Bear I really do like, but getting COVID (apparently long at that) right after his injury really put a damper on his season and a lot of fans hopes. If we knew he was recovered I would likely include him on this roster somehow on 3rd pair. He was starting to play well on the system before that injury. I do think if we get him back a shorter bridge deal would be all I would offer, maybe the $2-2.5MM range.

Some other notes - I do actually like Skjei, but not $5.25MM worth. Unlike some fans I don’t see Suzuki coming into the NHL and making an impact, I would hope I’m wrong, but I just don’t see it at this point - I think the hype outweighs reality. Martinook may be slightly overpaid, and while his production isn’t great, I feel he gets too much hate. I am cautiously curious about what Kase can do. I think the demand for Nino is lower than he thought it was going to be so there may be a real chance he comes back if we want him.

I’m liking reading through the armchair-GM stuff right now because it’s another way I can chat with fans about thoughts, ideas, etc.

100% it’s a great community. You seem very knowledgeable for being this new to ACGM so I’d imagine you have a background in either hockey Twitter or hockey Reddit. Honestly the way I see necas working out the best is if he centers a line of kase (who has had decent production healthy) and drury who typically plays C but the offensive power of that line would be solid. I agree with the staal line statement where he hinders it a lot but I think it’s a perfect line to hold down the fort and shut down other teams top lines. Staal and fast I don’t see being broken up and Nino would be a great guy to bring back as he drives most of the offense on that line. Personally I get the Skjei hate but I think if pesce and slavin were paid what they should be getting paid, I don’t think he would have nearly as much hate and pesce and slavin are both underpaid 2.5m minimum and Skjei at most is a 500k overpay. Putting the two together it makes it look like a terrible contract for Skjei but in reality it is a slight overpay. Personally I think if Carolina targeted a guy like puljujarvi, he would be a solid replacement for Nino as he drives play and has great advanced stats defensively. I don’t think he gets put in the same role as Nino but rather as a guy to play with necas. I would personally put it as

Patches-aho-turbo
Svech-KK-jarvy
Drury-necas-puljujarvi
Kase/Marty-staal-fast

Hard to see what will happen tho as if it is not known if gards is coming back next year to play with the canes and he can’t be on LTIR all season either. Cap is going to be interesting. I would target a guy like soucey from Seattle to be the d man with chatfield/Coghlan. Hard to see what happens on all fronts but I know if I’m Waddell/tulsky/yorke, I am making a push to get Nino back and if that falls through, I am targeting puljujarvi. Honestly if necas resigns, the team can easily be set on forwards but who knows.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll