Forums/Armchair-GM

Early prediction of the starting line up

Created by: RobbinGoods
Team: 2022-23 Dallas Stars
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 15, 2022
Published: Aug. 16, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Not sure how Deboner will use Harley and Suter.
IMO, Harley would do better with Miro. But wouldnt be suprised to see Suter-Miro again this year.

Feedback is welcomed, let me know what you think
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$6,500,000
3$4,250,000
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$79,725,000$675,000$1,007,500$2,775,000
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW, RW
RFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$5,500,000$5,500,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$9,850,000$9,850,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,900,000$2,900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,050,000$1,050,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$894,167$894,167
C
RFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$8,450,000$8,450,000
LD/RD
UFA - 7
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,250,000$4,250,000
G
RFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,650,000$3,650,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 16, 2022 at 8:38 a.m.
Harley and Heiskanen were amazing together in the small sample size we’ve seen. I’m fine with more balanced pairs and Harley getting his confidence up on the third pair. I think the most important thing for him this year is getting consistent minutes and usage. I would eventually like to see DeBoer put Miro and Harley out there for offensive zone draws. I’m not as down on Suter as most are though, so I would be happy with consistent minutes for Harley letting him play his game. If we can run three scoring lines that will help a lot as well. We won’t be putting a more offensive third pair out there with Faksa and Glendening all the time like we did with Honka
RobbinGoods and Francez liked this.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 10:02 a.m.
I don't think you sign Robertson at that price/term. If you could, my guess is that he would be already signed.

I really like Miro and Harley paired together. Maybe not all the time depending on game situations, but I am in if they play most of the time together.
RobbinGoods liked this.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 10:16 a.m.
Dr
Quoting: SlevinKalevra
Harley and Heiskanen were amazing together in the small sample size we’ve seen. I’m fine with more balanced pairs and Harley getting his confidence up on the third pair. I think the most important thing for him this year is getting consistent minutes and usage. I would eventually like to see DeBoer put Miro and Harley out there for offensive zone draws. I’m not as down on Suter as most are though, so I would be happy with consistent minutes for Harley letting him play his game. If we can run three scoring lines that will help a lot as well. We won’t be putting a more offensive third pair out there with Faksa and Glendening all the time like we did with Honka

I could see Harley with Miro more towards mid season.
Like you said, let him break in on 3rd pair. Get more comfortable, get accustomed to the new coaching system.
He’ll prob be PP2. Suter Lindell shouldnt be anywhere near PP.

I dont mind Suter, he played good for his contract value last year. Its only a matter of time before we cant play him up passed the 3rd pair. Mid season swap with Harley if Harley starts on 3, Suter can finish his contract on 3rd pair from there.

I agree with the 3 scoring lines. But guys like Faksa and Glendening make that hard to accomplish. Unless Deboner changes his plan to keep Benn on LW.

Ide like to move on from Faksa, replace him with Dellandrea or Bourque. Save a bit of money and it will be easier to make a move at the deadline.

On paper, having Bourque between Benn and Marchment looks good. But could be wishfull thinking that Bourque makes the line up. Dellandrea is more probable. Wont be as high scoring but would still be an effective line.

What’s your opinion on the contracts given to Jake and Robo?

Also, if you know more Stars fans on here, feel free to tag them. Would appreciate input from folks who know the team.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 10:27 a.m.
Quoting: RobbinGoods
Like you said, let him break in on 3rd pair. Get more comfortable, get accustomed to the new coaching system.

I dont mind Suter, he played good for his contract value last year. Its only a matter of time before we cant play him up passed the 3rd pair. Mid season swap with Harley if Harley starts on 3, Suter can finish his contract on 3rd pair from there.

I agree with the 3 scoring lines. But guys like Faksa and Glendening make that hard to accomplish. Unless Deboner changes his plan to keep Benn on LW.

Ide like to move on from Faksa, replace him with Dellandrea or Bourque. Save a bit of money and it will be easier to make a move at the deadline.

On paper, having Bourque between Benn and Marchment looks good. But could be wishfull thinking that Bourque makes the line up. Dellandrea is more probable. Wont be as high scoring but would still be an effective line.

Also, if you know more Stars fans on here, feel free to tag them. Would appreciate input from folks who know the team.

Starting with

Suter-Miro
Lindell-Jani
Harley-Miller

And then swapping Suter and Harley mid season sounds ideal. Then for lines I’d like to see

JRob-Hintz-Pavs
Marchie-Segs-Guri
Benn-Petey-Delly
Glendening-Fox-Whoever

Petey and Delly have some good chemistry to build on from the A. I feel like that could be an extremely good third line. I fell like Dell is better at center, but this is what I’d like to see for now

There’s plenty of Stars fans around here. We’re all a little grumpy that Oetter and JRob aren’t signed yet and it’s been a little quiet lately lol
RobbinGoods liked this.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 10:30 a.m.
Dr
Quoting: Phleb2
I don't think you sign Robertson at that price/term. If you could, my guess is that he would be already signed.

I really like Miro and Harley paired together. Maybe not all the time depending on game situations, but I am in if they play most of the time together.

My thoughs on the contracts given reflect my gut feeling that Nill wants 2 team friendly deals with some cash left over on the side. There is leftover cap to make adjustments to contracts given.

If it was me, ide try for 8x8 on Robo. Or something close to that.
Jake would still need a bridge but its better in his case to get a bridge.
Goofie liked this.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 1:14 p.m.
Dr
Starting with

Suter-Miro
Lindell-Jani
Harley-Miller

And then swapping Suter and Harley mid season sounds ideal. Then for lines I’d like to see

JRob-Hintz-Pavs
Marchie-Segs-Guri
Benn-Petey-Delly
Glendening-Fox-Whoever

Petey and Delly have some good chemistry to build on from the A. I feel like that could be an extremely good third line. I fell like Dell is better at center, but this is what I’d like to see for now

There’s plenty of Stars fans around here. We’re all a little grumpy that Oetter and JRob aren’t signed yet and it’s been a little quiet lately lol

Yeah. That line up looks better as far as 3 scoring lines.
I wanted Pete and March on 2nd but i couldnt fir both. I like Pete’s potential. And i figured Benn and March could make a good physical winger pair.

But with your line up, theres scoring potential and physicality on lines 2,3. It makes sense and i might start using that as my potential line up. Lol

Lots of Stars fans are getting impatient with the Jake and Robo contracts. I havnt worried too much about it. Nill’s got a plan. Just gotta trust in it.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 4:21 p.m.
Yeah. That line up looks better as far as 3 scoring lines.
I wanted Pete and March on 2nd but i couldnt fir both. I like Pete’s potential. And i figured Benn and March could make a good physical winger pair.

But with your line up, theres scoring potential and physicality on lines 2,3. It makes sense and i might start using that as my potential line up. Lol

Lots of Stars fans are getting impatient with the Jake and Robo contracts. I havnt worried too much about it. Nill’s got a plan. Just gotta trust in it.

I’m not worried about Nill. I’m worried about TG. He’s been public about his feelings about Benn and Segs’ contracts, so maybe he’s being an issue when it comes to paying new guys that are due for good money. Seems like the league has just been giving these RFAs whatever they demand, so I’m not against treating this like the business negotiation that it is, but I worry about the relationships with the players
Aug. 16, 2022 at 7:17 p.m.
Cody

I’ve really never understood the insane Ryan Suter hate that comes from online. Dude is a still a solid top 4 piece and like you stated he’s lived up to his value. I don’t understand the “Suter drags Miro down” when he’s honestly been the best dman he’s been consistently paired with since being in Dallas (Polak and Oleksiak were the others)

I think we should be looking at something like

Robo-Hintz-Pavs
Marchment-Seguin-Guri
Benn-Peterson-Johnston/Dellandrea
Tufte-Faksa-Glendening

I think if Johnston grabs that spot out of training camp, we could see Delly on the 4th line instead of Tufte. I also like the idea of Marchment playing with Benn

Suter-Heiskanen
Harley-Miller
Lindell-Hakanpaa

I do think we see a resurgence of sorts from Miller this year. Nothing crazy but I think he’s a lot better than we all think. I’m also not opposed to the idea y’all have mentioned or swapping Harley and Suter throughout the year. I really think Harley will compliment Miller and Vice versa. Tbh I wasn’t a fan of Lindell-Hakanpaa in the playoffs. Hopefully more time together consistently can change my opinion

I really do think one of the big 3 prospects makes the roster. If they do it could change everything. The offense might look as good as it has in a long time. I don’t really expect anything more than 20-20 from Benn but I definitely think there’s a real possibility of seeing 30-30 from Seguin
RobbinGoods liked this.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 8:45 p.m.
Quoting: Francez
I’ve really never understood the insane Ryan Suter hate that comes from online. Dude is a still a solid top 4 piece and like you stated he’s lived up to his value. I don’t understand the “Suter drags Miro down” when he’s honestly been the best dman he’s been consistently paired with since being in Dallas (Polak and Oleksiak were the others)

Robo-Hintz-Pavs
Marchment-Seguin-Guri
Tufte-Faksa-Glendening

I think if Johnston grabs that spot out of training camp, we could see Delly on the 4th line instead of Tufte. I also like the idea of Marchment playing with Benn

Suter-Heiskanen
Harley-Miller
Lindell-Hakanpaa

I do think we see a resurgence of sorts from Miller this year. Nothing crazy but I think he’s a lot better than we all think. I’m also not opposed to the idea y’all have mentioned or swapping Harley and Suter throughout the year. I really think Harley will compliment Miller and Vice versa. Tbh I wasn’t a fan of Lindell-Hakanpaa in the playoffs. Hopefully more time together consistently can change my opinion

I really do think one of the big 3 prospects makes the roster. If they do it could change everything. The offense might look as good as it has in a long time. I don’t really expect anything more than 20-20 from Benn but I definitely think there’s a real possibility of seeing 30-30 from Seguin

I don’t see Tufte being a good fit with Faksa. I could see Tufte-Glendening-Delly being a decent fourth line if Wyatt, Bourque, or Stank make the lineup. But I don’t see Faksa being traded or bought out. I feel like everybody is hoping he can find some offense with his old coach. Which I don’t hate but I don’t like having his contract around long term. Glendening does what he does for much less. Yes Fox is bigger but he doesn’t use his size. I feel like we need to hire a few people to follow Fox and Esa around and remind them they’re big and should play physical. I’m so torn on both of those guys as I like the way they play when they show up but I feel like ever since our stretch of defense only coaches they just get the puck and ice the puck. Pass to nowhere. Grind it on the boards. Blah blah lame. Both of those guys are capable of so much more. I’m hoping the new coaching staff gets it out of them
RobbinGoods and Francez liked this.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 6:56 a.m.
Dr
I don’t see Tufte being a good fit with Faksa. I could see Tufte-Glendening-Delly being a decent fourth line if Wyatt, Bourque, or Stank make the lineup. But I don’t see Faksa being traded or bought out. I feel like everybody is hoping he can find some offense with his old coach. Which I don’t hate but I don’t like having his contract around long term. Glendening does what he does for much less. Yes Fox is bigger but he doesn’t use his size. I feel like we need to hire a few people to follow Fox and Esa around and remind them they’re big and should play physical. I’m so torn on both of those guys as I like the way they play when they show up but I feel like ever since our stretch of defense only coaches they just get the puck and ice the puck. Pass to nowhere. Grind it on the boards. Blah blah lame. Both of those guys are capable of so much more. I’m hoping the new coaching staff gets it out of them

Bowner over used Faksa for sure. I still think he can bounce back this year in his proper role.
I still feel we have young talent that can replace him and allow us to save a bit of money.

Tufte is a guy, that i see, that Deboner might want on his roster. He could make the line up.
I dont see all 3 of our prospects in the NHL.
Bourque will be AHL guarenteed. He could crack the line up, but ide see him play half a season of full season in Texas. He’s just a call up away. Any injuries, he would have a chance at a couple games this season.

Johnston and Stank still have a year in juniors. I can see them staying there. I would like for Johnston to get some NHL games before being sent back to juniors. Doesnt have to be 9 games. Even 4-5 to give him an NHL sample.
He would be a little but more prepared come next training camp and should definitely make the roster next year.
Lots of contracts expiring after this season and cap will be tight. I can see 2 rooks on the roster next year.
But thats just me
Francez liked this.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 7:15 a.m.
Dr
Quoting: Francez

Robo-Hintz-Pavs
Marchment-Seguin-Guri
Tufte-Faksa-Glendening

Suter-Heiskanen
Harley-Miller
Lindell-Hakanpaa

Just to touch on the Suter-Miro thing.
I look at it as Miro makes him look better. Its not a bad thing. But he could be making someone else look better.
A guy like Harley can benefit more playing next to Miro than he would on a third line with Miller or Hank.
Suter isnt useless without Miro. Third pair role would fit him well. Reduced minutes, would get a more consistent performance each night.
Im kinda sold on the idea of Suter on 1, Harley on 3 until mid season.
Francez liked this.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 9:52 a.m.
Bowner over used Faksa for sure. I still think he can bounce back this year in his proper role.
I still feel we have young talent that can replace him and allow us to save a bit of money.

Tufte is a guy, that i see, that Deboner might want on his roster. He could make the line up.
I dont see all 3 of our prospects in the NHL.
Bourque will be AHL guarenteed. He could crack the line up, but ide see him play half a season of full season in Texas. He’s just a call up away. Any injuries, he would have a chance at a couple games this season.

Johnston and Stank still have a year in juniors. I can see them staying there. I would like for Johnston to get some NHL games before being sent back to juniors. Doesnt have to be 9 games. Even 4-5 to give him an NHL sample.
He would be a little but more prepared come next training camp and should definitely make the roster next year.
Lots of contracts expiring after this season and cap will be tight. I can see 2 rooks on the roster next year.
But thats just me

Wyatt, Stank, and Bourque might get more than a small look if Robertson holds out. It’s a possible reality that we all need to be ready for. Same with Oetter
RobbinGoods liked this.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 10:11 a.m.
Dr
Wyatt, Stank, and Bourque might get more than a small look if Robertson holds out. It’s a possible reality that we all need to be ready for. Same with Oetter

Its possible all 3 could get a look. But i dont see Nill going all out like that.
I dont think theres a hold up with Robo negotiations. I think Nill just wants to announce both signing at the same time.
I dont see Jake or Robo holding out to miss play time. It’s a possibility. But they have to look at it that if they do choose to hold out, they could be missing a full season.
Would be hard for them to negotiate for more money if they sat out a season.
Nill holds all the power. Jake and Robo are smart kids. Jake’s agent is a bit greedy, but im confident both are signed for training camp
Aug. 17, 2022 at 10:21 a.m.
Its possible all 3 could get a look. But i dont see Nill going all out like that.
I dont think theres a hold up with Robo negotiations. I think Nill just wants to announce both signing at the same time.
I dont see Jake or Robo holding out to miss play time. It’s a possibility. But they have to look at it that if they do choose to hold out, they could be missing a full season.
Would be hard for them to negotiate for more money if they sat out a season.
Nill holds all the power. Jake and Robo are smart kids. Jake’s agent is a bit greedy, but im confident both are signed for training camp

Their agents are just doing their jobs. And Nill is just doing his. Nill does have the upper hand but this teams needs playoff revenue and being without a top line forward and starting goalie isn’t ideal
RobbinGoods liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll