$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$6,650,000$6,650,000
RW
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,350,000$7,350,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,950,000$4,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
LW
UFA - 2
$891,667$891,667 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,650,000$2,650,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 5
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$7,260,000$7,260,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
G
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 7, 2022 at 5:46 p.m.
Quoting: Mediumyeet
You must have slipped over the face I said Aho also averaged 2.5 minutes more per game in the regular season. So again your factually incorrect there and your reading comprehension needs some work.

You are completely out to lunch on aging curves suggesting a 34 year old isn't well into their age related decline. Every single piece of age related data suggests that he is.

Not a single player you mentioned has a proven track record at 2C so yes there is legitimate concern there even though it is entirely possible that one of them is able to take hold of that position.

Anyways I've had enough of this. You have no desire to accept another viewpoint or admit that not having ANYONE aside from aging vets that have played 2C consistently could potentially be a concern.

Good luck with your writing career. I hope for your own sake that you take some reading comprehension courses as that is clearly not your strong suit.

Edit: you might want to check out more recent age curve data that isn't an article published in 2014 based on age curves from 1998 to 2011.

https://rpubs.com/cjtdevil/nhl_aging

You continue to argue, yet flaunt EH's aging curve, which is publicly known to be flawed because it doesn't account for the outliers. It doesn't accommodate the players that are called up late in a year after a trade deadline who are younger but shouldn't be near the NHL. Players as old as Staal are not in danger of falling off a cliff. Stastny, yes. Staal? No.

You then argue not a single player I mentioned has a proven track record as a 2C, but that is BS, because Staal does! He was a 2C for a decade until the Canes went out and got Trocheck, who they only got because he was a righty and they had very few right handed forwards.

You have no basis for your viewpoint. If you can give me a genuine reason, I'll consider it, but you know you are talking out of your backside. It's why you haven't been able to prove it. Give me a genuine reason for a concern before I worry about nothing. I'm not worried about the Kotkaniemi, Staal, Stastny, Necas, Drury, or whoever else wants to play 2C. That isn't the issue.

I hope for your own sake you start to learn about other teams before you argue about something you are clearly DEEPLY misinformed about. It'll save you a lot of pain that you make for yourself.
Oct. 7, 2022 at 5:51 p.m.
Edited Oct. 7, 2022 at 5:57 p.m.
Quoting: Caniac2000
https://rpubs.com/cjtdevil/nhl_aging

You continue to argue, yet flaunt EH's aging curve, which is publicly known to be flawed because it doesn't account for the outliers. It doesn't accommodate the players that are called up late in a year after a trade deadline who are younger but shouldn't be near the NHL. Players as old as Staal are not in danger of falling off a cliff. Stastny, yes. Staal? No.

You then argue not a single player I mentioned has a proven track record as a 2C, but that is BS, because Staal does! He was a 2C for a decade until the Canes went out and got Trocheck, who they only got because he was a righty and they had very few right handed forwards.

You have no basis for your viewpoint. If you can give me a genuine reason, I'll consider it, but you know you are talking out of your backside. It's why you haven't been able to prove it. Give me a genuine reason for a concern before I worry about nothing. I'm not worried about the Kotkaniemi, Staal, Stastny, Necas, Drury, or whoever else wants to play 2C. That isn't the issue.

I hope for your own sake you start to learn about other teams before you argue about something you are clearly DEEPLY misinformed about. It'll save you a lot of pain that you make for yourself.

Even in tulskys own articles he suggests peak age is 26-27 years old.

I mentioned no one that has a proven track record EXCEPT FOR AGING VETS which is Staal and Stastny.

I have given you many genuine reasons for concern regarding the 2C position but you have no interest in acknowledging that.

Quit clowning around and ignoring points I make to fit your own agenda. Again READING COMPREHENSION IS YOUR FRIEND. Utilize it.
Oct. 7, 2022 at 6:06 p.m.
Even in tulskys own articles he suggests peak age is 26-27 years old.

I mentioned no one that has a proven track record EXCEPT FOR AGING VETS which is Staal and Stastny.

I have given you many genuine reasons for concern regarding the 2C position but you have no interest in acknowledging that.

Quit clowning around and ignoring points I make to fit your own agenda. Again READING COMPREHENSION IS YOUR FRIEND. Utilize it.

Seeing as one of us makes money writing about hockey and the other one is trying to convince that person who writes about hockey for a living has an issue where there is no issue even though I have suggested multiple times you go and do your research, you're the one who needs to utilize reading comprehension help kiddo.

"Not a single player you mentioned has a proven track record at 2C so yes there is legitimate concern there even though it is entirely possible that one of them is able to take hold of that position."

Stop kidding yourself. You're not even able to read what you wrote.

You are still yet to suggest a genuine reason for concern. You say work load for Kotkaniemi, but Kotkaniemi's stats got better with more ice time. You never responded. Staal has played 2C before and recently, you then sited age (which I well get to). Fair concern, I then said he's done it recently enough to believe he's still more than capable, and played an ES top 6 role. You ignored it. I then said Stastny used to do it many moons ago and in a worst case scenario, he could go in there. You implied his age, which is fair enough. I then said again, worst case scenario. You continued to imply age, so I stopped talking about Stastny because we're going around in circles. I then said Necas. You said Necas hasn't played top six C time in the NHL, which is BS because that's where he played his first season in the NHL. But there's an issue there.

I'm not saying peak age is 34. Peak age is 27-30 is a players prime years stereotypically. There are exceptions. My argument has been that a 34 year old Staal isn't old enough to worry about as a 2C. In the NHL, aging means a decline in speed. Staal has never been fast enough to worry about that so that doesn't change anything. There may be a few more knocks and injuries, but that's not enough to worry about. That's my entire point about Staal and even the RBA school of play where Rod seemed to age like a fine wine until he fell off a cliff when he hit 40. You clearly are not informed enough on this subject to justify your take. If you have a genuine reason once you go and do your homework, I'm more than happy to acknowledge it. But what you're coming up with is the same kind of copium half of Montreal is on.
Oct. 7, 2022 at 6:20 p.m.
Seeing as one of us makes money writing about hockey and the other one is trying to convince that person who writes about hockey for a living has an issue where there is no issue even though I have suggested multiple times you go and do your research, you're the one who needs to utilize reading comprehension help kiddo.

"Not a single player you mentioned has a proven track record at 2C so yes there is legitimate concern there even though it is entirely possible that one of them is able to take hold of that position."

Stop kidding yourself. You're not even able to read what you wrote.

You are still yet to suggest a genuine reason for concern. You say work load for Kotkaniemi, but Kotkaniemi's stats got better with more ice time. You never responded. Staal has played 2C before and recently, you then sited age (which I well get to). Fair concern, I then said he's done it recently enough to believe he's still more than capable, and played an ES top 6 role. You ignored it. I then said Stastny used to do it many moons ago and in a worst case scenario, he could go in there. You implied his age, which is fair enough. I then said again, worst case scenario. You continued to imply age, so I stopped talking about Stastny because we're going around in circles. I then said Necas. You said Necas hasn't played top six C time in the NHL, which is BS because that's where he played his first season in the NHL. But there's an issue there.

I'm not saying peak age is 34. Peak age is 27-30 is a players prime years stereotypically. There are exceptions. My argument has been that a 34 year old Staal isn't old enough to worry about as a 2C. In the NHL, aging means a decline in speed. Staal has never been fast enough to worry about that so that doesn't change anything. There may be a few more knocks and injuries, but that's not enough to worry about. That's my entire point about Staal and even the RBA school of play where Rod seemed to age like a fine wine until he fell off a cliff when he hit 40. You clearly are not informed enough on this subject to justify your take. If you have a genuine reason once you go and do your homework, I'm more than happy to acknowledge it. But what you're coming up with is the same kind of copium half of Montreal is on.

You conveniently ignored this comment " You have no desire to accept another viewpoint or admit that not having ANYONE aside from aging vets that have played 2C consistently could potentially be a concern"

Not surprised since it didn't fit your agenda.

I never said a word about Necas not playing times at top 6 C so that's you putting words in my mouth.

A short time playing top 6C for KK does not equate to a full workload. So yes there are concerns that he can do it over an 82 game season. You refuse to accept that and instead use an extremely small sample size in that role to further your agenda.

34 year old Staal is 100percent a candidate for age regression. The stats back that up but you ignore it. There are always outliers but statistically it is more likely to see age related decline at 34 than not. You are emphasizing outliers in age related decline to back up your take on staal rather than the norm which is statistically far less likely.

I'd love to read some of your articles so I can learn more of your infinite wisdom. Why don't you post a link here so I can check it out.
Oct. 7, 2022 at 6:35 p.m.
You conveniently ignored this comment " You have no desire to accept another viewpoint or admit that not having ANYONE aside from aging vets that have played 2C consistently could potentially be a concern"

Not surprised since it didn't fit your agenda.

I never said a word about Necas not playing times at top 6 C so that's you putting words in my mouth.

A short time playing top 6C for KK does not equate to a full workload. So yes there are concerns that he can do it over an 82 game season. You refuse to accept that and instead use an extremely small sample size in that role to further your agenda.

34 year old Staal is 100percent a candidate for age regression. The stats back that up but you ignore it. There are always outliers but statistically it is more likely to see age related decline at 34 than not. You are emphasizing outliers in age related decline to back up your take on staal rather than the norm which is statistically far less likely.

I'd love to read some of your articles so I can learn more of your infinite wisdom. Why don't you post a link here so I can check it out.

More than once you have said that no one on has a track record at 2C. If that isn't what you mean, that's not my fault.

Oh, if you didn't know what to say about Necas that's even funnier. I took your argument for limited top six to be about Necas, not Kotkaniemi because Kotkaniemi played more than 33% of his games last year in the top 6. But you know, that's irrelevant because it doesn't fit your agenda.

You argue 34 year old Staal is an age regression candidate, but he's not. Not significantly enough to say he can't be a solid 2C. He will be in a year or two, but as for now, most age curves say he's fine. The stats back this up, there's not much difference normally in performance in a player when they're 30 and 34. 35 is when you traditionally see the drop off. Yes, there are exceptions. However, the majority of stats suggest Staal should be fine again.

So yet again, your point remains unfounded
Oct. 7, 2022 at 7:07 p.m.
Edited Oct. 7, 2022 at 8:52 p.m.
More than once you have said that no one on has a track record at 2C. If that isn't what you mean, that's not my fault.

Oh, if you didn't know what to say about Necas that's even funnier. I took your argument for limited top six to be about Necas, not Kotkaniemi because Kotkaniemi played more than 33% of his games last year in the top 6. But you know, that's irrelevant because it doesn't fit your agenda.

You argue 34 year old Staal is an age regression candidate, but he's not. Not significantly enough to say he can't be a solid 2C. He will be in a year or two, but as for now, most age curves say he's fine. The stats back this up, there's not much difference normally in performance in a player when they're 30 and 34. 35 is when you traditionally see the drop off. Yes, there are exceptions. However, the majority of stats suggest Staal should be fine again.

So yet again, your point remains unfounded

I've said CONSISTENT track record at 2C (again I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit so I understand the difference is difficult for you to recognize. It's okay one day you might get there). Does Necas have a consistent track record there? Nope he doesn't.

So KK played 2/3rds of his season not in the top 6? Got it. That would align with not having a consistent track record in the top 6. You also pointed out that he played on the wing there at times so it most certainly isn't a consistent track record at 2C. Thanks for further proving my points.

The majority of stats suggest that there will be continued decline due to staals age. This is not debatable it is published in many different forms of research. Your insistence on this is mind boggling.

Do you have any of those articles you've written? Or do you consider the comment section on here makes you a writer?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll