SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

July 1 Predictions

Jun. 14, 2017 at 10:07 a.m.
olafson1393
Mr. Mark Blinch wrote an article for THN detailing the top 30 NHL free agents this offseason. I'll only do the top 15 for now... Let me hear it

1. Kevin Shattenkirk - New York... Islanders; 7 Years @ 7.75M + NMC

2. Alexander Radulov - (Realistically) Montreal; 4 Years @ 6.5M + NMC. (Cause this is for fun) Minnesota Wild; 5 Years @ 6.25M + NMC

3. TJ Oshie - Boston Bruins; 6 Years @ 6.8M + NMC

4. Ben Bishop (whoops!)

5. Karl Alzner - Ottawa Senators; 5 Years @ 4.75M

6. Martin Hanzal - Anaheim Ducks; 4 Years @ 4.2M

7. Joe Thornton - (Realistically) San Jose Sharks; 3 Years @ 4.25M - (Cause this is for fun) LA Kings, 2 Years @ 5M

8. Justin Williams - (If Radulov doesn't) Montreal; 2 Years @ 3.25M + NMC. (If Radulov does sign with MTL) Dallas Stars; 1 Year @ 3.5M

9. Radim Vrbata - Arizona Coyotes; 2 Years @ 2.7M

10. Patrick Eaves - Philadephia Flyers; 4 Years @ 3.1M

11. Patrick Marleau - Carolina Hurricanes; 2 Years @ 2.1M + NMC

12. Andrei Markov - Montreal; 1 Year @ 3M + NMC

13. Jaromir Jagr - (Realistically) Florida; 1 Year @ 3.3M. (Cause I want to see another travelling Jagr) Nashville Predators; 1 Year @ 3.4M

14. Mike Fisher - You know its a bad free agent class when 14 and 15 have relatively good betting odds of retiring, BUT... Nashville; 1 Year @ 1.4M

15. Brian Elliott - Pittsburgh; 1 Year @ 2M

Alright I stuck my neck out there for fun... let me have it.

Here's the link to the list: http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/the-top-30-unrestricted-free-agents-of-2017
Jun. 14, 2017 at 11:30 a.m.
I like Eaves to the Flyers as he is the kind of player that Hextall likes. But I do think there is a shot he still goes back to Dallas. The fans loved him and if he comes back Dallas basically just loaned him for to the ducks for a couple of months. I don't have a really good reason for why he would come back to Dallas but hey stranger things have happened
Jun. 14, 2017 at 3:52 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
NYI has a good defence, i don't think they need Shattenkirk.
WW24 liked this.
Jun. 15, 2017 at 12:49 p.m.
olafson1393
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Good enough to make JT want to sign for 8 years? I think if the Rangers have a shot, so should the Islanders, and if they want to keep JT, they've got a bit to prove to him. Nick Leddy is great, but they could use another top pairing guy. Pulock could probably be a 4th/5th guy this season and eventually take over in the top 2, but IMO, De Haan or Hickey aren't gluing JT down
Jun. 16, 2017 at 8:05 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: olafson1393
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Good enough to make JT want to sign for 8 years? I think if the Rangers have a shot, so should the Islanders, and if they want to keep JT, they've got a bit to prove to him. Nick Leddy is great, but they could use another top pairing guy. Pulock could probably be a 4th/5th guy this season and eventually take over in the top 2, but IMO, De Haan or Hickey aren't gluing JT down

How does the defence have anything to do with JT re-signing? Wouldn't it have more to do with the forward group? Either way, when you mention Leddy, Pulock, Hickey, and De-Haan, you forgot about Hamonic i think. he's their best d-man. They also have Boychuk, and i wouldn't call Leddy a top pairing guy. If they sign Shattenkirk they're moving out some defensemen. First they have to figure out who they lose in the expansion draft. I have Hickey getting picked up by Vegas. So then i guess their defence isn't THAT great, and would lose a top pairing guy, though Pulock will be coming into the league soon, and then that gives them Hamonic, Boychuk, Leddy, De-Haan, Pulock, and some other guy. Mayfield and Pelech are coming in soon too. Pelech could become a top 4 guy though maybe not, same with Mayfield. Then if they move De-Haan too, that leaves them with an extra spot in the lineup for Shattenkirk i guess. However, to add a forward i think they maybe try to sign Oshie, but if they can't sign him, they put together a package of top prospects, like Ho-Sang, Dal-Colle, etc.
Jun. 20, 2017 at 7:42 a.m.
Don't see how Boston will be able to sign Pasta and then throw nearly $7 million at Oshie

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll