SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

what the hell do i know eh

what the hell do i know eh

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: mokumboi
Published: Mar. 9, 2023 at 1:03 a.m.
Description
Besides, we know some of these picks will get traded, and strategies change on the draft floor. Past the top two picks, I'd be lucky to get 5-6-7 of the next 30 right.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the San Jose SharksSan Jose Sharks (3→1)
  2. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes (5→2)
Mar. 9, 2023 at 1:50 p.m.
I like Danielson, I would rather have Moore though to be honest. Wouldn't hate Reinbacher there either, we desperately need top 4 d options in our system. Sucks in this hypothetical that Bonk and Simashev are gone before our pick at 25/29. Hoping we grab one of them, Bruscewitz, or Straback with one of the later picks. Ideally, but not likely we move both of them to get back into the 12-15 range. and can grab a mid-range 2nd by trading off a d man, but that's all fairy-tale world.

A little scared of Dvorsky, but man he's got some tools.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 10:23 p.m.
Ghost
Quoting: AC14
I like Danielson, I would rather have Moore though to be honest. Wouldn't hate Reinbacher there either, we desperately need top 4 d options in our system. Sucks in this hypothetical that Bonk and Simashev are gone before our pick at 25/29. Hoping we grab one of them, Bruscewitz, or Straback with one of the later picks. Ideally, but not likely we move both of them to get back into the 12-15 range. and can grab a mid-range 2nd by trading off a d man, but that's all fairy-tale world.

I too am all aboard the Oliver Moore train. He can really fly and isn't necessarily the play driver so putting him with Thomas or Kyrou would be deadly! I also think next years draft is the draft to go after first round defenseman. I like the idea of going after players like Daniil But, Ethan Gauthier, Gabriel Perreault, Charlie Stramel with our later first round picks. Hopefully the Rangers and Leafs get knocked out in the first round!
mokumboi liked this.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 10:23 p.m.
mokumboi

We already have a Moore type in RobTom. Now we need the ROR type. Frankly, we better get one of Danielson or Stramel if we keep all out picks.

And guys, the Stars/Rangers picks are probably not going to be so low. And we all know about the Leafs. At least one of those late picks will be closer to 20, I'm guessing.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 11:29 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
We already have a Moore type in RobTom. Now we need the ROR type. Frankly, we better get one of Danielson or Stramel if we keep all out picks.

And guys, the Stars/Rangers picks are probably not going to be so low. And we all know about the Leafs. At least one of those late picks will be closer to 20, I'm guessing.

I think you hope that Thomas can mould into that type of player that's extremely responsible and can matchup. The thing is he was considered a two-way player in junior more than an offensive guy like he's molded into. I'd rather draft on tools versus current ability. I like Danielson for sure and would be happy to have him with the Blues. I just think that the ceiling of Moore is tremendous personally.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 11:48 p.m.
mokumboi
I think you hope that Thomas can mould into that type of player that's extremely responsible and can matchup. The thing is he was considered a two-way player in junior more than an offensive guy like he's molded into. I'd rather draft on tools versus current ability. I like Danielson for sure and would be happy to have him with the Blues. I just think that the ceiling of Moore is tremendous personally.

Obviously he needs to be more responsible than he's been this year, but no, I'm perfectly content with him being Adam Oates. I don't want to waste so much of his energy on shutting down or put him in hard battles where injuries can happen.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll