Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Players on the trading block are:
Monahan, Drouin, Hoffman, Dvorak, Edmundson, Wideman
Players that can come up when/if those trades go through:
Armia, Pitlick, RHP, Belzile, Ylonen, Kovacevic
Line explanations:
I think the hockey IQ of CC-Zuks-Farrell will be electric to watch
If we want to keep developing Slafkovsky at the NHL level than give him good linemates for god's sake, Slaf-Dach-Monohab can be a really good physical line, with Anderson taking Monohan's spot if he gets traded.
3rd and 4th lines are kinda just best players that fit into the lineup and hopefully can raise their trade value
The created section is who I hope we draft, kinda assuming that Mitchkov falls a bit but if you don't think he will than just imagine that it's Will Smith at #5 instead.
Not trading for PLD, if he want's to come to Montreal so bad he can sign a 1 year deal and come in free agency, not giving up assets in a rebuild when we can wait, continue to be bad and get prospects for the future for a year.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$7,750,000
3$1,000,000
1$1,200,000
2$950,000
3$7,750,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$4,000,000
1$2,000,000
2$775,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Mitchkov, Matvei
3$950,000
Sandin-Pellikka, Axel
3$950,000
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$78,492,499$1,170,000$4,752,500$4,007,501
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,750,000$7,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$897,500$897,500 (Performance Bonus$557,500$558K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$275,000$275K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,200,000$1,200,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 31, 2023 at 10:24 a.m.
youare keeping a ton of guys to trade .....look what happened this year drouin edmundson aand monahan did not get traded and you lose all your fourth line players by keeping these guys... no way Ylonen and Harvey and Pezzetta and Belzile will not be on the team and Hoffman and Drouin and monahan will be....we tried that already...more likely that one of these young guys stick...either Farrell or Roy or Beck one might stick and that is better long term than a third round pick you might get for hoffman or Drouin
ricochetii and Lafleur10 liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 5:44 p.m.
Juraj SlafDadsky
Quoting: danielcoe
youare keeping a ton of guys to trade .....look what happened this year drouin edmundson aand monahan did not get traded and you lose all your fourth line players by keeping these guys... no way Ylonen and Harvey and Pezzetta and Belzile will not be on the team and Hoffman and Drouin and monahan will be....we tried that already...more likely that one of these young guys stick...either Farrell or Roy or Beck one might stick and that is better long term than a third round pick you might get for hoffman or Drouin

Respectfully disagree with a lot of your points, while yes Edmundson and Monahan didn't get traded that was less so due to value and more so due to injury and a pricey market, next year's draft won't be so stacked as this year and so teams would be a lot more willing to pick up a Monahan for a late first. Also, it's not that guys like Ylonen, RHP, and Pezz haven't earned their spot, it's that we have too many players that can play at the NHL level and guys like Drouin and Monahan are far better (Note I didn't say Hoffman), Armia for example didn't even find a spot onto this lineup. The young players like Roy, Beck, Mesar, Kidney, etc don't need to come up right away, Farrell is already here but the others can keep playing in the OHL or AHL and develoup just fine, we don't need them yet and they can have chances as we trade players out. Raising the value of guys like Hoffman and Drouin and trading them for 3-5th round picks is better long term in a rebuild, Roy, Harris, and Farrell were all drafted in rounds 3-5, players like RHP, Evans, and Primeau were all 7th rounders so there is value in trading the pieces that won't fit into the future for chances to gain pieces that might.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 5:52 p.m.
Quoting: Lafleur10
Respectfully disagree with a lot of your points, while yes Edmundson and Monahan didn't get traded that was less so due to value and more so due to injury and a pricey market, next year's draft won't be so stacked as this year and so teams would be a lot more willing to pick up a Monahan for a late first. Also, it's not that guys like Ylonen, RHP, and Pezz haven't earned their spot, it's that we have too many players that can play at the NHL level and guys like Drouin and Monahan are far better (Note I didn't say Hoffman), Armia for example didn't even find a spot onto this lineup. The young players like Roy, Beck, Mesar, Kidney, etc don't need to come up right away, Farrell is already here but the others can keep playing in the OHL or AHL and develoup just fine, we don't need them yet and they can have chances as we trade players out. Raising the value of guys like Hoffman and Drouin and trading them for 3-5th round picks is better long term in a rebuild, Roy, Harris, and Farrell were all drafted in rounds 3-5, players like RHP, Evans, and Primeau were all 7th rounders so there is value in trading the pieces that won't fit into the future for chances to gain pieces that might.

and i respectfully disagee with you... Hoffman is now too old with too many poor season in a row you are not getting a second and probably not even a third so no point in keeping him... As for drouin he is more of a maybe but look at his number of games played in the last 4 years..... this would be a mistake too and hoffman and drouin cant play on the fourth line as they dont bring energy and hitting etc..... so they cant fit in our top 6 and our third line will have dvorak and gally and Harvey who are all better than hoffman and drouin...( maybe gally isnt but you know that contract is not tradeable so we are keeping gally for at least 2 years)...... the ship has sailed buddy (on hoffman and drouin) but nobody notified you lol respectfully
Lafleur10 liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 6:01 p.m.
Juraj SlafDadsky
and i respectfully disagee with you... Hoffman is now too old with too many poor season in a row you are not getting a second and probably not even a third so no point in keeping him... As for drouin he is more of a maybe but look at his number of games played in the last 4 years..... this would be a mistake too and hoffman and drouin cant play on the fourth line as they dont bring energy and hitting etc..... so they cant fit in our top 6 and our third line will have dvorak and gally and Harvey who are all better than hoffman and drouin...( maybe gally isnt but you know that contract is not tradeable so we are keeping gally for at least 2 years)...... the ship has sailed buddy (on hoffman and drouin) but nobody notified you lol respectfully

For Hoffman I'm fine just letting his contract ride out, nothing helps us stay at the bottom of the standings more than Mike Hoffman, I have a hockey drinking game and one of the drinks is "Hoffman's stick, where offence goes to die" where you drink everytime Hoffman simply pulls a Mike Hoffman. If, somehow, through dark magic, bribery, and sheer dumb luck, we can trade Hoffman for anything of value I say do it, if not? He is the embodiment of the tank and so long as we're rebuilding he brings the value of bringing the rest of the team down with him. For Drouin I agree with you, he has more potential than Hoffman to bring value to the team in a trade, I think 1 more tank year on a prove it deal doesn't hurt us, but I will not be holding my breath.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 6:03 p.m.
about your lines though that first line would be the smurfs eh better play them with huge defensmenan eh that is why i think you play either slaf or anderson with suzuki and farrell with Dach to give some size to both lines.. If we get dubois you can put dach with suzuki and dubois with farrell and anderson.. but is does seem like too many small guys but you know that the small guys will get hurt so they wont all be available.. or maybe Farrell starts in Laval... so then you just have gally and harvey and caufield and then when gally gets hurt you can bring Farrell up.
Lafleur10 liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 6:09 p.m.
Juraj SlafDadsky
about your lines though that first line would be the smurfs eh better play them with huge defensmenan eh that is why i think you play either slaf or anderson with suzuki and farrell with Dach to give some size to both lines.. If we get dubois you can put dach with suzuki and dubois with farrell and anderson.. but is does seem like too many small guys but you know that the small guys will get hurt so they wont all be available.. or maybe Farrell starts in Laval... so then you just have gally and harvey and caufield and then when gally gets hurt you can bring Farrell up.

Yeah that first line is kinda being lead physically by Suzuki which is... yeah. I think they're all really hockey smart players who'll be able to play off each other really well, I think Farrell can feed off the chemistry the Suzuki and Caufield have. If we wanted to put some size on that line I beg that it's Slaf, I just want him to actually develop properly, he's not doing that on the fourth line.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 10:58 p.m.
Quoting: Lafleur10
For Hoffman I'm fine just letting his contract ride out, nothing helps us stay at the bottom of the standings more than Mike Hoffman, I have a hockey drinking game and one of the drinks is "Hoffman's stick, where offence goes to die" where you drink everytime Hoffman simply pulls a Mike Hoffman. If, somehow, through dark magic, bribery, and sheer dumb luck, we can trade Hoffman for anything of value I say do it, if not? He is the embodiment of the tank and so long as we're rebuilding he brings the value of bringing the rest of the team down with him. For Drouin I agree with you, he has more potential than Hoffman to bring value to the team in a trade, I think 1 more tank year on a prove it deal doesn't hurt us, but I will not be holding my breath.

yeah but we cant do that if we do trade for dubois and we have decent health we will be almost battling for A playoff spot not try for worst any longer.... in a rebuild each yeaR you need to make progress.. i think this year is our last top 10 pick with is why you trade that flo pick only if you have too

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll