$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$897,500$897,500 (Performance Bonus$557,500$558K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$885,000$885,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$897,500$897,500
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$835,000$835,000 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$275,000$275K)
RD
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 17, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
Swap Roy & Gally imo, I don't see why we would bring up a talent like that to put him on the 4th line.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 2:15 p.m.
dvorak probably doesnt get traded as he has too much money owed and st. louis like him... maybe at the deadline but maybe not at all as you need 5 centers not four with our injury history.

also you got 4 small forward in caufield and gally and farrell and harvey... i think they only want three in the lineup so if gally is healthy je starts the season and farrell goes to laval to develop and when gally gets hurt you can brring him up.. Farrell needs more time for sure.... Most ready are Roy and Beck and maybe Heinemann but only 2 will make it out of camp the other starts in laval..

You keep Dvorak and Gally and Anderson as the veteran forwards just like you keep matheson and savard on defense
willinlisbon liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 2:42 p.m.
Quoting: danielcoe
dvorak probably doesnt get traded as he has too much money owed and st. louis like him... maybe at the deadline but maybe not at all as you need 5 centers not four with our injury history.

also you got 4 small forward in caufield and gally and farrell and harvey... i think they only want three in the lineup so if gally is healthy je starts the season and farrell goes to laval to develop and when gally gets hurt you can brring him up.. Farrell needs more time for sure.... Most ready are Roy and Beck and maybe Heinemann but only 2 will make it out of camp the other starts in laval..

You keep Dvorak and Gally and Anderson as the veteran forwards just like you keep matheson and savard on defense

I think you're almost right in what you mention
But where I disagree is that I believe all of Roy, Heinneman, Slafs, and Farell start in Laval next season. Beck, along with Mesar will spend another year in junior in my opinion.

Dvorak only gets traded in a deal with Wpg for PLD
If not he continues with the habs until trade deadline like you mentioned.
Same goes for Hoffman and Pitlick who I believe will both be on the opening night roster next season

The point I'm trying to make here is that, yes the team is getting younger but the habs can't rush their development which means we will continue to see veterans on the team in the nest two years as we let the kids play in laval, prove themselves and then get called up as warranted.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 2:47 p.m.
Quoting: willinlisbon
But where I disagree is that I believe all of Roy, Heinneman, Slafs, and Farell start in Laval next season. Beck, along with Mesar will spend another year in junior in my opinion.

Same goes for Hoffman and Pitlick who I believe will both be on the opening night roster next season

The point I'm trying to make here is that, yes the team is getting younger but the habs can't rush their development which means we will continue to see veterans on the team in the nest two years as we let the kids play in laval, prove themselves and then get called up as warranted.

Yes dvorak only gets traded if we get dubois.. but Beck was the last cut last season and he is very ready and has a good chance of making the team or he will be in laval ... only mesar should stay in juniour but i can see all of the kids playing in laval.... What about Maiilloux... he could stay in juniour as he lost a whole year of development
Apr. 17, 2023 at 2:51 p.m.

Hoffman will be traded as he is blocking the advancement of players who are ready... HLP and ylonen and Roy will be on the team next year.... and so no room for hoffman and pitlick will be the 13 th forward maybe... Not sure that slaf starts in laval but i agree he has to have a good camp to stay up..... God laval is going to be a good team next year.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:02 p.m.
Yes dvorak only gets traded if we get dubois.. but Beck was the last cut last season and he is very ready and has a good chance of making the team or he will be in laval ... only mesar should stay in juniour but i can see all of the kids playing in laval.... What about Maiilloux... he could stay in juniour as he lost a whole year of development

Beck can't play in the AHL next season
It's either montreal or Juniors
Maillioux can't play in junior next year
Reff liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:03 p.m.

Mailloux will be too old to return to OHL next season, it's either AHL or NHL. If ever he has a stellar training camp, he could take Barron's spot, but the best decision would be to send him to Laval and let him play with Struble on 1st D pairing.
willinlisbon liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:07 p.m.
Quoting: Reff
Mailloux will be too old to return to OHL next season, it's either AHL or NHL. If ever he has a stellar training camp, he could take Barron's spot, but the best decision would be to send him to Laval and let him play with Struble on 1st D pairing.

i agree so then Mailloux in laval and Beck will probably make the montreal team... and they might have to find a way to trade dvorak then as evans beck and dvorak is too much of the same thing
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:07 p.m.
Hoffman will be traded as he is blocking the advancement of players who are ready... HLP and ylonen and Roy will be on the team next year.... and so no room for hoffman and pitlick will be the 13 th forward maybe... Not sure that slaf starts in laval but i agree he has to have a good camp to stay up..... God laval is going to be a good team next year.

I'm not knocking on Roy but he's playing in one of the weakest junior leagues.
There is no way he makes the team out of camp unless he's lights out superstar in camp.....

Hoffman is not blocking anyone at this point
Neither is Pitlick
Be patient in the rebuild process
Let these two play, bring up their value and then trade them for as much value as you can when the time is right

The time isn't right now

Let the kids play in Laval
Let them develop together
Win together
Lose together
And bring that culture to Montreal together
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:09 p.m.
i agree so then Mailloux in laval and Beck will probably make the montreal team... and they might have to find a way to trade dvorak then as evans beck and dvorak is too much of the same thing

As willinlisbon said, Beck won't be eligible to play in AHL, so it's either OHL or NHL. I think Mailloux starts in Laval and IF Dorak is somehow traded for PLD, maybe he starts with MTL. I doubt it though.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:10 p.m.
Quoting: Reff

I think Trudeau would be a better partner.
Stubble hasn't impressive me at all
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:11 p.m.
I'm not knocking on Roy but he's playing in one of the weakest junior leagues.
There is no way he makes the team out of camp unless he's lights out superstar in camp.....

Hoffman is not blocking anyone at this point
Neither is Pitlick
Be patient in the rebuild process
Let these two play, bring up their value and then trade them for as much value as you can when the time is right

The time isn't right now

Let the kids play in Laval
Let them develop together
Win together
Lose together
And bring that culture to Montreal together

when you do a lineup and with their existing contracts hoffman is absolutely blocking players and so is Armia... But hoffman has only one year left so he is more easy to trade and he can be brought out as well with a low cap hit for 2 seasons.. Harvey and Ylonen have no options and they are ready and someone like roy will make the team as well .. Pitlick and hoffman will be gone and armia may be sent down if he is outplayed by young players

what changes everything though is if they trade for dubois... they shifts alot of things
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:17 p.m.
Edited Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:30 p.m.
lets be clear hoffman is a sniper who does only one thing well and now that is declining and montreal want to improve next season so hoffman is an addition by subtraction... we are better without him .. a buyout is quite reasonable as well.. almost the same if we retain money in a trade..... but he doesnt work hard enough for my liking and Harvey is a better sniper at this point is his career.. buyout hoffman, and Armia will be sent to laval through waivers if he doesnt have a good camp... Armia has to earn his spot now as there are players ready to take it if he doesnt perform

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll