First after Fixed Lottery

First after Fixed Lottery

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Andy_Dick
Published: May 9, 2023 at 9:49 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Jarmo wont draft Michkov. Jarmo's job is on the line. He cant wait 3 years. Its Carlsson or Will Smith. Im thinking its Will Smith. Jarmo isnt afraid to take risks (PLD over Puljujarvi) Will Smith-Gaudreau is a fun combo. They already have a Carlsson in Cole Sillinger
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Grier can wait 3 years. Another number 1 overall talent through other means. Jumbo Joe went through trade. Michkov goes through with the Russian factor
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-They have been looking for a dominant number 1 center since forever. They will need to move a few centers like Dvorak I think Dach goes to the wing with Suzuki. Carlsson already wins board battles vs men in Sweden, he's immediately the number 2 center
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Top4 D, highest floor. Little risk pick from a team that needs to start building the back end
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Fasting moving prospect up the draft board. Just starred at U18 while scoring gold medal clinching goal. Perfect Flyer.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-Overall perfect Backstrom replaecement. Does it all
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Small but insane motor, creative playmaker. Serious talent needed in pipeline full of depth but no star power. I can see them going a little off the board as well with Reinbacher or Pellikka. RHD is a big need.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Could be EK65 2.0. Very high upside. Blues need cost effective puck moving D badly
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-A mammoth machine that suits what they are building with size and skill. Kuzmenko/Petey/Wood will be scary.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsI know some of you hate his skating but he has elite hands that matches anyone in the draft class. Easy risk pick as Yotes have a ton of draft capital. High risk high reward
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Hard working and big kid that has a motor that doesnt stop. Fits in perfect into what Buffalo is building with a balanced lineup that is hard to play against.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Speed demon. They cant NOT take him
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-One of the more NHL ready pros that looks like a man already. Maybe a bit high but he seems like he was made to be a Preds player
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Size, size, size. This team wants their new Tkachuk with skill. Sale has high potential as a power forward but consistency issues.
17Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersThis pick wont be 17th but 29th-32. I going with the RHD with high offence
18Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Islanders17OA. Another points production machine. Wings need offence. Broke Auston Matthews points record @ NTDP
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-18OA. Undeniable talent. Lighting it up in Moose Jaw with Jagger Firkus. He makes trading Scheifele+Dubois more palatable.
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningBig, tough to play against. Suits Richardson style of play. They'll need fun players in a long rebuild.
21Logo of the Seattle Kraken-I've had this guy top10. He could be that or late in the 1st. Great potential. Gulyayev the highest upside of all the D. Wild card pick
22Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Another wild card pick. Ive seen scouts put him top10
23Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
24Logo of the New York Rangers-Massive power forward.
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsRising fast up the draft boards. A lot of similarities to Jake Sanderson
26Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Calum Ritchie Big protypical big center with lots of upside. Project for a team that is willing to wait. Avs will have a very tough cap situation the next 2 years.
27Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston Bruins
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
30Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
32Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
May 9, 2023 at 10:16 a.m.
I like your logic!

Completely agree with Gulyayev and Dragicevic shouts as well!

From a Canucks point of view, I'd be disappointed with Wood at 11OA.
Would happily trade down and take Sale, Perreault or Moore.
Andy_Dick liked this.
May 9, 2023 at 10:42 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Turkish_Canuck
I like your logic!

Completely agree with Gulyayev and Dragicevic shouts as well!

From a Canucks point of view, I'd be disappointed with Wood at 11OA.
Would happily trade down and take Sale, Perreault or Moore.

I like Pellikka at 11 if he's available. You cant find those type of players with size/skill like Wood, elite puck moving on the right side with Pellikka unless you draft them. I dont see how Perreault, Moore last outside the top15 tho. Sale definitely has a shot. Sale/But, you can pretty much pencil as as the biggest variance as power forwards with question marks. Depends entirely on team building. We are seeing what happens when a skilled team in the playoffs has too many redundant pieces like the Leafs.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll