SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2023 Draft With Trades

2023 Draft With Trades

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Hockeyfan86
Published: May 31, 2023 at 10:24 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-No brainer. Nothing else need be said.
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Again, no brainer. Nice “consolation prize” for Anaheim.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-I’m torn between them taking Carlsson or Smith here, but I feel like Will Smith is similar in playing style to Kent Johnson, and with a European GM like Jarmo Kekalainen, I think he would value a big, reliable, European, two-way centre. That’s why I’m sticking with Carlsson. I don’t see them taking a gamble on Michkov.
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-I don’t see them as a fit for Michkov either. Not with an inexperienced GM like Mike Grier; will look to go with the “safer” pick in Smith.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Kent Hughes is a ballsy GM. I could see him taking a swing with Michkov here, but Reinbacher could be a swing too. Being at pick #5 and the thought of being able to select the first or at least what you consider to be the “best” defenceman in the draft is too tempting to pass up.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Obvious connections to the Winnipeg Ice having drafted Connor Geekie last year
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-I can just see his name on the back of a Flyers jersey. I think he plays the game with sandpaper and bite too which screams Flyers/old broad-street bullies
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-Look, Michkov “falling” this far might not happen, but I think the hockey world wants this, right? Arguably the most dynamic scoring prospects to come out of Russia since Ovechkin. Would be fitting to end up on the caps with Ovi himself; passing the torch.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Much like Leonard/PHI, I can just see Barlows name on a Wings jersey. Also possesses leadership qualities like Steve Yzerman
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Ok, I swear this is the last one where I can just see the players name on a specific jersey lol, but I can with this player too. Blues need defenceman prospects too
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Maybe a bit of a reach, but there’s obvious connections having played his junior hockey for the Vancouver Giants. There’s probably no team that knows this prospect better than the Canucks.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa Senators*** Trade *** ARI trades pick #12 to NSH in exchange for picks #15 and #46 (Nashville making moves as the draft host) NSH selects Dvorsky
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-*** Trade *** PIT trades pick #14, Mikael Granlund, and Pierre-Olivier Joseph to WPG for Mark Scheifele. (The Winnipeg “rebuild” begins?) WPG selects Yager
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Arizona picking here after above mentioned trade.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersDetroit has a knack for sneaky-good D-man draft picks, don’t they? May find a “hidden gem” here.
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-This seems like a bit of a stretch, but I’m making a bold prediction based solely on the fact that he played his junior hockey with the Seattle Thunderbirds. Much like VAN/Honzek, no team probably knows this player better than the Kraken.
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
22Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
23Logo of the New York Rangers-
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers*** Trade *** NSH trades pick #24, Ryan Johansson (50% salary retention), Dante Fabbro and Zachary L’Heureux to WSH in exchange for Tom Wilson and Nic Dowd. (Nashville continues making noise as draft hosts. Barry Trotz has familiarity with the Caps having coached there)
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsThis is my boldest prediction/biggest reach. Somewhat off-the-board pick, but SJ has a history with the Saskatoon Blades. I realize SJ also has a pick early in the second round. Maybe they take Molendyk with that pick instead, but they’re getting him one way or another, I swear. lol.
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Mikko Rantanen 2.0? Ok maybe that’s a little too hopeful/ambitious.
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston Bruins*** Trade *** TOR trades pick #28 and Matt Murray to CHI in exchange for a 2023 3rd round pick. CHI selects Simashev
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas Stars*** Trade *** STL trades pick #30 to ANA in exchange for picks #33 and #60 ANA selects Dragicevic
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida Panthers
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
May 31, 2023 at 10:47 p.m.
mokumboi
Change ASP and Stenberg to Moore and Lindstein/Simashev/Molendyk/Price. The trade of the 3rd 1st could reasonably happen, but the Blues don't really need quantity of picks.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 9:53 a.m.
Honestly I really like this mock. I find it hard to believe the capitals would trade Wilson, but this is a pretty good hypothetical for what the return would most likely be like.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 1:12 p.m.
All reasonable projections. I think the Michkov to WSH has a different angle, Putin's friend (Ovi) can help Michkov get out of his KHL contract. No other team has a connection like that.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll