SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

My takes

My takes

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: BigBadBurke
Published: Jun. 1, 2023 at 9:30 p.m.
Description
Let me know what you like/don't like about who your team is taking.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Unnecessary
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Anaheim is the dark horse for me personally... either they take the sure thing in Fantilli, or risk going with michkov. In essence, essentially keeping their team near the bottom for the next few seasons until Matvei arrives and this team will absolutely be a perennial contender for at least a decade at that point.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Can't see CBJ passing on an NHL ready talent, and C no less, in Carlsson. It all just makes sense and fits too well
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-SJS can wait. They are literally in no rush with all their aging players/expiring contracts. Matvei at #4 13months ago would have been unfathomable.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-KH connection. Fills an organizational need. Not the biggest, nor the fastest, but pretty damn flashy. Something the habs need more of.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-WPG ICE in mullett in front of 5000 fans, sounds about right.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-With Ellis likely done, may as well stock the RD cabinet. They won't be good for a while anyways so they can allow ASP to develop behind York/Risto/Attard/TonyD
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-Middle-6 C easily, may have more there to become a #1B if he develops properly.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Just a Wings type of player, plug and play.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Probably a bit of a reach imo but Blues need RD, and Reino will be steady and solid for years to come.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-The first question mark of the draft for me... not sure what the nucks would do here, but i like the player a lot. He seems to fill a void that moving Boeser will most likely create.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsThis is my steal of the draft. Getting Leonard here would be a coup for Armstrong and co.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Kulich connection. Would be an exciting duo to watch.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Former top-5 prospect, would do wonders being the understudy of Sid if he can make it to the big club in time.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Like father, like son.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Albertan boy. Fits the bill.
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersAgain, just a DET kinda move.
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-I may be higher on him than most, and I also don't think it's a bad thing trying to fill the Winnipeg team with europeans. Maybe that's just me.
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningBedard's bud, why not.
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Shane Wright's future running mate.
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Help, dire need of centre depth. Enter; Calum, capital C.
22Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles KingsBig body replacement for Laine, who won't be there much longer methinks...
23Logo of the New York Rangers-I like this player, a lot. He could go top-15 i think.
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersNSH keeps the status quo going. Another future great Dman. top-4 bound.
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsReach that could pay dividends. I believe in Charlie, do you?
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsMonster of a man already. Gonna be a force in the league the moment he arrives on the scene
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Can afford to take a shot on a smaller skilled player. Excellent production in his NCAA DY.
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsOffense from the back end... minimal defensive ability? Sounds about right.
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsAn intriguing player/prospect. Might be a bit soon to take a chance on him but why not.
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Pretty small, yet special player. Will be another Jarvis type.
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersGuhle's B-I-L. Getting him in the latter stages of the first round is great value.
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Was considering going with Daniil But here. Either way, Vegas will make the right pick. They always seem to.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 10:05 p.m.
Joe
Would love this draft from Detroit. I've slowly turned into a Leonard fanboy over Moore though.
BigBadBurke liked this.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 10:18 p.m.
mokumboi
If the Blues came out of it with those three players, there'd be no complaints from me.
BigBadBurke liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll