Forums/Mock-Draft

easily the best mock on the site

easily the best mock on the site

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Sens_Fan33
Published: Jun. 9, 2023 at 1:08 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Obvious
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Fairly obvious too, Fantilli, McTavish and Zegras should give the ducks a competitive top 6
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Blue Jackets already have Gaudreau and Laine, they need centres and Leo Carlsson fits the bill perfectly.
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Sharks take Will Smith, him and Eklund will be a great 1-2 punch
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Habs take Moore here, as taking Reinbacher/Sandin-Pelikka here would be a mistake
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Yotes take Reinbacher, as they're already solid up front.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Flyers take the skilled undersized Benson, who would complement other young forwards
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-Caps take the risk on Michkov here, they sure like their russians. Can't see Michkov falling anywhere past this point.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Wings take Dvorsky, who should make the wings have a competitive top 6 at centre.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Wood seems like the clear pick here, physically complementing Kyrou and Thomas
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Cant really see Leonard falling past 13-14, as he is highly skilled. Canucks probably take him.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsAfter taking Reinbacher, I can see the Coyotes taking centreman Nate Danielson.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-The Sabres will take Pelikka to really round out their D group. Dont see Pelikka falling any farther than this.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-The Penguins will be in dire need of every position in the upcoming years, so I can see them taking ultra-talented Cristall.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-I could see the Predators risking it for the big centreman Charlie Stramel, who is due for a big bounceback year.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Yager instantly solidifies a team's top six at centre, so with Lindholm potentially being traded, Yager could go to Flames.
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersTom Willander is a RHD and he is improving quickly; look for Detroit to take him.
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Similar to Yager.
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningAfter taking Bedard, they complement Korchinski with Lukas Dragicevic
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Calum Ritchie seems to perfectly fit the Kraken
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The Wild already have Kaprizov and Boldy on the wings, Stenberg fits their timeline.
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles KingsSale is a big risk, big reward, Flyers could take him at 22OA.
23Logo of the New York Rangers-They already have their wingers and I dont really see them reaching for a goalie/centre at 23OA.
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersAfter taking big centre Charlie Stramel, they take highly skilled, smaller Mikhail Gulyayev at D.
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsTheo Lindstein goes to STL, as they already have forwards.
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devilscant really see Perreault going farther than this.
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Avs go BPA.
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsLeafs take Nadeau.
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsTo round out their 3 pick first-round, Blues will take Skilled Ethan Gauthier
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-The Swiss Army Knife of the draft goes to Carolina. Similar to Jordan staal imo.
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersHabs take Jayden Perron with 31oa.
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-To round out the first-round, VGK takes RD Oliver Bonk.
Jun. 9, 2023 at 1:29 p.m.
WPGSK
WPG says... YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barlow at 18??? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mokumboi liked this.
Jun. 9, 2023 at 1:46 p.m.
One of the worst mocks on the site. Wallinder doesn't go that high, where is Gavin Brindley, and Michkov won't drop that far. Perrault goes higher too. Oliver Moore too high, should be Benson in that spot and Sandin-Pellika doesn't go that high and I love him. Musty goes higher as well along with Barlow. Terrible mock @Sens_Fan33 in my opinion.
Jun. 9, 2023 at 1:53 p.m.
mokumboi
All but zero chance the Blues take Wood, who in no way is the perfect compliment to Kyrou or Thomas. And I only said all but zero to be polite.

Also cannot see them passing on Bonk to take yet another winger, but Lindstein is a very realistic pick for the Blues.
Jun. 9, 2023 at 2:07 p.m.
Mr.
2 things are for sure, mtl ain't picking moore 5th oa and they sure as hell ain't picking another small winger when they'll already 3 or 4 better small prospects than him in the system
Juraj_Cauzuki liked this.
Jun. 9, 2023 at 9:29 p.m.
SensAreBetter
Quoting: jt0884
One of the worst mocks on the site. Wallinder doesn't go that high, where is Gavin Brindley, and Michkov won't drop that far. Perrault goes higher too. Oliver Moore too high, should be Benson in that spot and Sandin-Pellika doesn't go that high and I love him. Musty goes higher as well along with Barlow. Terrible mock Sens_Fan33 in my opinion.

Brindley 33-35 imo. Sandin-Pelikka is most likely going around13th OA (where I have him). Wallinder should not be that high, ur right, however I could see teams reaching here solely because hes one of the best RHD's in the draft. Michkov will definitely not fall any farther but maybe 5th OA to MTL instead of Moore. Benson will likely slip due to small size and lack of foot speed. Where would YOU have Perreault and Musty?? Because 25-27 seems good for them (maybe 21-23).
Jun. 9, 2023 at 9:30 p.m.
SensAreBetter
Quoting: mokumboi
All but zero chance the Blues take Wood, who in no way is the perfect compliment to Kyrou or Thomas. And I only said all but zero to be polite.

Also cannot see them passing on Bonk to take yet another winger, but Lindstein is a very realistic pick for the Blues.

idk he could be a fit with Kyrou
Jun. 9, 2023 at 9:32 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Sens_Fan33
idk he could be a fit with Kyrou

Why? How? He is the worst skater who'll be taken in the 1st round, if not the first two rounds. He doesn't go to dirty areas. He only plays one zone. And the Blues already have young wingers better than him falling out of their ears. It makes zero sense. Wood could not even keep up with Kyrou.
Jun. 9, 2023 at 9:34 p.m.
SensAreBetter
Quoting: mokumboi
Why? How? He is the worst skater who'll be taken in the 1st round, if not the first two rounds. He doesn't go to dirty areas. He only plays one zone. And the Blues already have young wingers better than him falling out of their ears. It makes zero sense. Wood could not even keep up with Kyrou.

Wood is big and skilled, however he IS a big risk...Also Benson probably is the worst skater in round 1..
Jun. 9, 2023 at 10:49 p.m.
mokumboi
Wood is big and skilled, however he IS a big risk...Also Benson probably is the worst skater in round 1..

Wood is far worse a skater than Benson, who has average speed and above average edges. Wood is poor at both. And while big he is, he almost never uses his size. I cannot even recall seeing him score a single goal that wasn't either PP or in transition with plenty of space (and somebody else carrying the puck to the O zone). Wood is Mike Hoffman if Mike Hoffman couldn't skate.

And like I said, the Blues are loaded with wingers already. C and D are the hardest, most expensive things to acquire, so passing up the chance to grab an impact C or D to take yet another winger, who doesn't fit the team style at all, would be gross incompetence on every level.
Jun. 10, 2023 at 2:56 p.m.
Brindley 33-35 imo. Sandin-Pelikka is most likely going around13th OA (where I have him). Wallinder should not be that high, ur right, however I could see teams reaching here solely because hes one of the best RHD's in the draft. Michkov will definitely not fall any farther but maybe 5th OA to MTL instead of Moore. Benson will likely slip due to small size and lack of foot speed. Where would YOU have Perreault and Musty?? Because 25-27 seems good for them (maybe 21-23).

man people think they can predict the future here. each year most pick are unpredictable and everyone here is wrong 95% of the time but act like they know everything. If you put wright number 4 you were a laughing stock last year, its the same people that tell you michkov.wont fall and you dont know.any better.
Jun. 10, 2023 at 2:57 p.m.
Quoting: jt0884
One of the worst mocks on the site. Wallinder doesn't go that high, where is Gavin Brindley, and Michkov won't drop that far. Perrault goes higher too. Oliver Moore too high, should be Benson in that spot and Sandin-Pellika doesn't go that high and I love him. Musty goes higher as well along with Barlow. Terrible mock Sens_Fan33 in my opinion.

i bet you were saying last year too that there is no way wright woukd fall to number 4 or that lambert would go top 15 or whatever. you'll be wrong again.
Sens_Fan33 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll