SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs Free Agency Targets

Jul. 2, 2017 at 10:54 a.m.
Quoting: DarylthePony
Quoting: Daoloth

Yeah I was never a fan of Alzner, with Sbisa getting paid 4M this year while Russell just got that 16M four year deal I figure he will cost like 5-6M in cap hit... Kings have faceoffs issues since they changed the rule or started to enforce them... So been looking at Centers who could win more than they lose while providing 20-30 goals perhaps. I thought when Toronto traded for Boyle that would be just enough to get them in Post Season over Islanders etc. You could think about taking a chance on some of the buyouts, Cammalleri I was never a fan of really, though maybe can get real cheap for a show me contract. Smith Pelly I used to think had some flashes on Ducks and Devils. When Kings played them in Post Season he was like the Sith version of 77 while Carter was the Jedi. Scandella just got traded to Buffalo, I liked that deal for them getting Pom back while shipping 2 guys I never really liked much. Really wondering where Hanzal will end up since it seems he is one of the most coveted free agents this year at his position. Will be weird seeing Jumbo Joe or Marleau in another uniform regardless where they go.

Goalies these days are likely to make the initial save on any shot they can see... So faceoffs in the offensive zone are really important if can win for a nice point shot. Even in the defensive zone to win to avoid having that happen to you. So if a guy can win close to 60% that is going to translate into some goals/avoiding getting scored upon. No idea where Bonino will end up, he probably has like 10 teams to decide upon. Players seem to be afraid to play in Toronto or try to blame the media there. I'm hoping will find out where a few of these players land during the weekend, just wonder what kinda cap hit/contract they will cost.

Yea, Toronto has been quiet all offseason (except for some fire drafting) I'd expect Lamoriello to work his magic sooner or later.

I'm dyslexic so not sure if fire drafting is slang or meant fine drafting... If its the latter what pick or picks did you like from Leafs? Also did you like any of the Kings picks? I think their 1st/3rd round Vil guys are probably their best picks. I had wanted them to take a right shot D-man though when Vilardi fell they had to take him given all the 1st round busts they have had smile. Figure he can get 20 goals 40 assists eventually like a Pearson in production more than a goal scorer. They said Pearson was a bad skater too, he improved that even broke his leg I think smile. In clips I saw he seems hard to knock off puck, not like he is falling down where can't skate or anything smile. I could see Ilya going to Toronto though not sure he will even come back, should know Monday from reports read.
Jul. 2, 2017 at 1:18 p.m.
get ur corsi up

Yea, Toronto has been quiet all offseason (except for some fire drafting) I'd expect Lamoriello to work his magic sooner or later.

I'm dyslexic so not sure if fire drafting is slang or meant fine drafting... If its the latter what pick or picks did you like from Leafs? Also did you like any of the Kings picks? I think their 1st/3rd round Vil guys are probably their best picks. I had wanted them to take a right shot D-man though when Vilardi fell they had to take him given all the 1st round busts they have had smile. Figure he can get 20 goals 40 assists eventually like a Pearson in production more than a goal scorer. They said Pearson was a bad skater too, he improved that even broke his leg I think smile. In clips I saw he seems hard to knock off puck, not like he is falling down where can't skate or anything smile. I could see Ilya going to Toronto though not sure he will even come back, should know Monday from reports read.

Fire as in: really good. It was Lijegren who I was impressed with, yes there is a bust risk, but I feel like it could pay off big for a defense thirsty Toronto (he'll need some time in Sweden and then in the Marlies). Now to the Kings, the fact that Vilardi was still available by the time the Kings were up shocked me, major steal by LAK that could pay off HUGE.
Jul. 2, 2017 at 1:49 p.m.

Fire as in: really good. It was Lijegren who I was impressed with, yes there is a bust risk, but I feel like it could pay off big for a defense thirsty Toronto (he'll need some time in Sweden and then in the Marlies). Now to the Kings, the fact that Vilardi was still available by the time the Kings were up shocked me, major steal by LAK that could pay off HUGE.

Thanks was wondering about that term smile. I figure he is probably 2-3 years away Vilardi, I like that he has ties to Italy too smile. Always a risk a 1st rounder flames out, Kings had 3 1st round picks in the Brown draft, getting Boyle, some other guy missing out on a lot smile. Even Forbort they took when Tarasenko went after him. In the DRew Doughty draft they had 2 first rounders passing on King Karl even Roman Josi went in 2nd round smile. I wonder if Kings would have drafted Lijegren or so if Vilardi didn't fall to them. Funny seemed like LA was so stunned they couldn't speak to draft him. Think others had the names taped on back but Kings didn't even have his name expecting him to be there for that wink. Used to follow things more but this Hockey Future site seemed to stop updating the main part where would grade players in 2016 just having a forums now. People in that were all stoked to get him so hopefully he pans out. For every Drew Doughty there is an Aki Berg so time will tell smile.
Jul. 2, 2017 at 5:43 p.m.
get ur corsi up
We just overpaid Marleau. cry
Jul. 3, 2017 at 2:11 a.m.
We just overpaid Marleau. cry

Yeah I saw you edited that 20 line emoji post smile. Made me think of that movie, a sign the end times are upon us smile. See sometimes its better to do nothing or be real quiet like Kings signing little contracts on Folin, Cammy, and Kuemper wink. Hell I even won like 500 bucks Saturday right around the time of those signings... Got out of shower, first thing saw was Kings signing guys for cheap deals that can be shed easily smile. OH man can't wait till Marleau starts getting attention if he isn't having a good season with the press/fans compared to the California ones smile. A while back they were not even printing hockey box scores in the papers there, then I think they started to least do the local teams. My paper only does the full box scores for local teams, it wont print the penalty information for the other box scores heh. I'm glad one of my teams didn't drop that contract on Marleau so don't feel as bad he left Sharks. Be glad he didn't get 24M for 3 years like Jumbo Joe getting 8M for 1 year smile.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:13 p.m.
Leafs done until the trade deadline when they will try to get the most out of the UFA rentals in JVR and Bozak?
Hoping the same D improves over the off-season or planning to invite a bunch of guys to training camp?
I'd expect to at least see their RFAs sign extensions this summer now that the big free agent and trade deals are done.

The rebuilding teams are building momentum and spreading out
EDM > CGY > ARI > TOR > BUF > COL right now but BUF is on track to pass TOR in the next couple seasons with Gorges/Moulson/Pominville coming off the books and their prospects graduating to the NHL

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll