SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Boston replaces Bergeron

Created by: MoxNix
Published: Jul. 27, 2023 at 5:09 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the upper limit has been exceeded by one of the trade parties

Logo of the Boston BruinsBoston Bruins

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Zacha, PavelBoston BruinsNHL-$4,724,462011---0000--
Lohrei, MasonWaivers ExemptBoston BruinsMinor-$0011---0000--
Poitras, MatthewWaivers ExemptBoston BruinsJunior-$0001---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Lindholm, EliasCalgary FlamesNHL-$4,823,925011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$5,429,1662142662310
Change-$99,4630-1-2000
Final$5,329,703 (↓)2141 (↓)64 (↓)2310000

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Lindholm, EliasCalgary FlamesNHL-$4,823,925011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Zacha, PavelBoston BruinsNHL-$4,724,462011---0000--
Lohrei, MasonWaivers ExemptBoston BruinsMinor-$0011---0000--
Poitras, MatthewWaivers ExemptBoston BruinsJunior-$0001---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial-$213,333214363369
Change$99,463012000
Final-$113,870 (↑)2144 (↑)65 (↑)369000
Jul. 27, 2023 at 5:12 p.m.
Calgary only trades Lindholm if he ends up deciding not to extend with the Flames.
Jul. 27, 2023 at 9:52 p.m.
No way. Lindholm worth 5 first rounders
Jul. 28, 2023 at 12:41 a.m.
Edited Jul. 28, 2023 at 12:51 a.m.
Quoting: JusticeWinslow1
No way. Lindholm worth 5 first rounders

Stop it lol.

On the other hand. I'm intrigued by having Zacha as a middle six player to complement the other youngsters coming up, especially if Backlund goes, and Lohrei, who I read somewhere recently should be NHL ready if not now, very soon, and would fit nicely with the inevitable separation with Hanifin. 2nd round center prospect Poitras had a decent season with Guelph at 95 points in 63 games, a 45 point rise from the previous year, and in five fewer games. If Lindholm goes with an extension to Boston, I would like to see an additional piece or two, whether it is another prospect, a 1st round pick down the road, or a combination of mid picks or something. But in any case, the two prospects and Zacha, I do not mind as PART of a return for Lindholm extended.
MoxNix liked this.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 12:49 a.m.
Edited Jul. 28, 2023 at 12:56 a.m.
Quoting: Augustus
Stop it lol.

On the other hand. I'm intrigued by having Zacha as a middle six player to complement the other youngsters coming up, and Lohrei, who I read somewhere recently should be NHL ready if not now, very soon, and would fit nicely with the inevitable separation with Hanifin. 2nd round center prospect Poitras had a decent season with Guelph at 95 points in 63 games, a 45 point rise from the previous year, and in five fewer games. If Lindholm goes with an extension to Boston, I would like to see an additional piece or two, whether it is another prospect, a 1st round pick down the road, or a combination of mid picks or something. But in any case, the two prospects and Zacha, I do not mind as PART of a return for Lindholm extended.

Mox will roast me for suggesting another small-ish player in the 5'11 177 Poitras is valuable for Calgary lol. Just wait for it smile
Jul. 28, 2023 at 12:51 a.m.
Mox will roast me for suggesting another small player in the 5'11 177 Poitras is valuable for Calgary lol. Just wait for it.

Nah he's just a bit on the small side not tiny plus he's a right shot center / winger. I've mentioned both Poitras and Lohrei before as players Calgary would be interested in, most recently in someone's underwhelming Hanifin to Boston trade proposal.
Augustus liked this.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 12:57 a.m.
Quoting: MoxNix
Nah he's just a bit on the small side not tiny plus he's a right shot center / winger. I've mentioned both Poitras and Lohrei before as players Calgary would be interested in, most recently in someone's underwhelming Hanifin to Boston trade proposal.

Dang, you responded before I edited. Anyway, yeah, I really like Lohrei in as Hanifin will be out eventually.. and well you read my message anyway, it's all there. Just had to add smiley face for context
Jul. 28, 2023 at 1:03 a.m.
Edited Jul. 28, 2023 at 1:10 a.m.

The interesting part to me, Mox, is if this trade happened, I think Ruzicka should be given full shot at 1C.

Huberdeau - Ruzicka - Coronato
Pelletier - Kadri - Dube
Zacha - Backlund - Mangiapane
Coleman - Sharangovich - Duehr

That is, until a Backlund trade is figured out, so Sharangovich, or someone like Zary can earn 3C, or Zacha moving there and Sharangovich 3L.

Make Ruzicka earn his stripes by forcing him to use his frame to be useful on that line. Stand in front of the net and deflect pucks, create havoc, etc while Huberdeau and Coronato play keep-away and shootey-scorey.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 1:14 a.m.
Edited Jul. 28, 2023 at 1:19 a.m.
The interesting part to me, Mox, is if this trade happened, I think Ruzicka should be given full shot at 1C.

Huberdeau - Ruzicka - Coronato
Pelletier - Kadri - Dube
Zacha - Backlund - Mangiapane
Coleman - Sharangovich - Duehr

That is, until a Backlund trade is figured out, so Sharangovich, or someone like Zary can earn 3C, or Zacha moving there and Sharangovich 3L.

Make Ruzicka earn his stripes by forcing him to use his frame to be useful on that line. Stand in front of the net and deflect pucks, create havoc, etc while Huberdeau and Coronato play keep-away and shootey-scorey.

Yeah Ruzicka should get a good long look in the top 6. He was producing at a PPG pace when he was playing LW on the top line last year. That's when Lindholm and Toffoli finally started producing too.

Ruzicka, Zary, Sharangovich, Dube and even Coronato can all play center or wing. Adding more center/wingers like Zacha and Poitras increases the chances that one of them will step up and become a good top 6 center.
Augustus liked this.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 1:25 a.m.
Yeah Ruzicka should get a good long look in the top 6. He was producing at a PPG pace when he was playing LW on the top line last year. That's when Lindholm and Toffoli finally started producing too.

Ruzicka, Zary, Sharangovich, Dube and even Coronato can all play center or wing. Adding more center/wingers like Zacha and Poitras increases the chances that one of them will step up and become a good top 6 center.

The old competition thing. Sometimes it can get stale and guys think they can get an easier chance elsewhere though. But if it works, it can work.
MoxNix liked this.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 1:31 a.m.
If Calgary does wind up having to trade Lindholm a few other young centers they should look into are Shane Wright, Kent Johnson, Cole Sillinger, Dawson Mercer (listed in order of how valuable they are). Wright is probably untouchable but if I was Conroy I'd ask about him anyhow.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 1:34 a.m.
If Calgary does wind up having to trade Lindholm a few other young centers they should look into are Shane Wright, Kent Johnson, Cole Sillinger, Dawson Mercer (listed in order of how valuable they are). Wright is probably untouchable but if I was Conroy I'd ask about him anyhow.

I think Mercer is probably going to be more suited for right wing duties, but nonetheless. I've always pondered a Lindholm to Ottawa for Josh Norris deal, if the guy can stay healthy, it could work out for both sides I'll always say. Lindholm the point producing but also defensively stalwart center along with Stutzle, who can go hog wild on the other line would be fine for Ottawa, I think, and Norris can come in as the top cheese in Calgary.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 1:38 a.m.
I think Mercer is probably going to be more suited for right wing duties, but nonetheless. I've always pondered a Lindholm to Ottawa for Josh Norris deal, if the guy can stay healthy, it could work out for both sides I'll always say. Lindholm the point producing but also defensively stalwart center along with Stutzle, who can go hog wild on the other line would be fine for Ottawa, I think, and Norris can come in as the top cheese in Calgary.

I'd pass on Norris. Yeah he's pretty good when healthy the problem is he's always getting hurt. I'd take Stutzle though! smile
Jul. 28, 2023 at 2:12 a.m.
Edited Jul. 28, 2023 at 2:19 a.m.
I'd pass on Norris. Yeah he's pretty good when healthy the problem is he's always getting hurt. I'd take Stutzle though! smile

Yeah, me too, only on the Stutzle thing, I like Norris if he's healthy wink .. but Ottawa would block Conroy's number haha.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 2:14 a.m.

Dude, you know what's hilarious? When I made my first comments suggesting you would raz me for the Poitras thing, I had no idea you were the thread starter haha. Goldfish, apparently.
MoxNix liked this.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 8:12 a.m.
Yeah, me too, only on the Stutzle thing, I like Norris if he's healthy wink .. but Ottawa would block Conroy's number haha.

Heh after all the garbage threads from Ottawa fans over the years trying to steal Matthew maybe we should start posting Brady or Stutzle to Calgary for trash now.

How about Chris Tanev and Jakob Markstrom for Brady and Stutzle? Ottawa finally gets the RD and goalie they need. smile

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll