SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

Open top 6 W spot

Aug. 7, 2023 at 10:37 a.m.
IG vincemark78
Is Nylander ready for a legit top 6 jump? Can any of this rag tag group fill in that spot if he can't? Do we actually need a replacement for Granlund or should we just play EK at forward and call it a day?
Aug. 8, 2023 at 1:49 p.m.
How long is Guentzel out for? Nylander doesn't seem like a long-term solution but I might try him as a temporary replacement. I haven't seen him play much, but I wonder if he's one of those players who hasn't been able to stick at the NHL level because he's not good enough to play full time in the top 6 but not the right kind of player for a bottom 6 role.
vmark liked this.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 4:59 p.m.
IG vincemark78
It is kind of like that, he is more of a skill player; he needs to have the ice time and linemates of a top 6 guy. I've seen flashes from him for sure.

But they said Jake is about to miss like 5 or 6 games so it's kind of a moot point.

Either way Dubas brought in an army of guys who don't have spots locked down yet. This is about to be the most interesting training camp in years.

Hinoszstroza, Johnsson, Nieto, Nylander, Puustinen, DOC, Carter (lol), Pitlick are all going to be competing for the bottom 6 spots and whoever is the best might even get looks in the top 6.

I could see them running rust and raks on sids line and geno with smith and whoever is left.

But maybe other combos show up at camp.

Lets get that 4th ship breh

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll