SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Question About Plus/Minus

Sep. 11, 2023 at 6:57 p.m.
go Sharks go
Yes, I agree that +/- isn't the best stat (maybe even a bad one), but is it a decent stat if looking at it relative to other players on the same team? Especially the same position?
Sep. 11, 2023 at 7:55 p.m.
+/- is really only good when comparing vs players on the same team and even then, ice time and linemates should be taken into account too, simply put, there are better stats than +/- to use
SJSGM liked this.
Sep. 11, 2023 at 8:25 p.m.
go Sharks go
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
+/- is really only good when comparing vs players on the same team and even then, ice time and linemates should be taken into account too, simply put, there are better stats than +/- to use

yeah definitely agree, main reason for the question is for a lot of prospects it's hard to find many stats and +/- is one of the ones I can find
Sep. 11, 2023 at 8:52 p.m.
Quoting: SJSGM
yeah definitely agree, main reason for the question is for a lot of prospects it's hard to find many stats and +/- is one of the ones I can find

Well I’d argue that’s because stats aren’t good for judging prospects, their development curve isn’t close to finished, to judge a prospect, you’d want to watch how they play ( or read/listen someone else talk about how they play )
SJSGM liked this.
Sep. 11, 2023 at 10:05 p.m.
go Sharks go
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Well I’d argue that’s because stats aren’t good for judging prospects, their development curve isn’t close to finished, to judge a prospect, you’d want to watch how they play ( or read/listen someone else talk about how they play )

yeah definitely agree, I also read about these guys as much as possible. Hard to find film on these guys in Europe, though.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll