SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Edmonton Oilers signed Connor McDavid (8 Years / $12,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 27, 2023 at 10:47 a.m.
wheelchair briere
Quoting: Daoloth
The guy has one decent season never winning anything that matters like a Stanley Cup while not impressing me in the Playoffs... He was less than a point a game so that is a far cry form 30 goals with 100 points... Didn't Doug Weight have 100 points or more on Oilers or some other players? Having a nice fluke season when teams are weaker in prep of the expansion draft don't mean a damn thing in my book. Major Mistake, least the kid was smart enough to leave money on the table as they claim instead of a 13.25M cap hit. This will start badly, this will end badly, much like those orange uniforms the people behind this belong in prison... This will increase the chances of a lockout, NHL is better off extending contract max to 10 years than leaving at 8 jacking up this contracts. If this was 10 years 100M that would be a lot easier to manage if he fails. Either way the rule I suggested about not allowing a contract to exceed the current salary cap would save the NHL from a lockout while keeping a way to control deals based on the cap. So if the Cap hit at time of contract signing is 77M, then a team could give 7 years 11M cap hit to a free agent... If the team gets them to stay they could give 77M over 8 years for a cap hit of 9.625M, I know it might not seem logical to many... My accounting teacher told me I was throwing away an A so I'll take my numbers over the Dean Lombardi way of over paying bums like Kopitar. Edmonton took a big step today to make sure they wont return the Post Season while increasing the chances for another lockout. Not having a contract max value tied to the actual cap can only result in exceeding that, people have no problem spending on a credit card when they don't have to pay the bill since the fans will be on the hook. I think hockey fans should create a union that forces the NHL to keep ticket prices lower or what is decided is a fair amt of money to pay by the fans who allow these children to live rich lives without deserving it. IN the real world insurance companies do all they can to cheat out of money or even getting treatment. In this world kids who don't know anything about life are being paid insane amts of money for playing a game lacking the skill to earn that money in any other way honestly or otherwise wink.

I read the first 15 words of this and stopped reading....
IconicHawk, V123 and gary_ liked this.
Aug. 28, 2023 at 12:34 a.m.
Vegas Repeat
Quoting: Wilson_W_Wilson_Jr
Thank you for pulling this out of the woodwork. It is a funny comparison in light of Matthews' signing.

Apparently 18 people need to have their heads examined.

Haha yep like how is this contract bad didn’t know a player getting paid 12 million dollars that puts up over 100 points per season consistently (and way more sometimes) is a bad contract
Wilson_W_Wilson_Jr liked this.
Aug. 28, 2023 at 11:30 a.m.
wheelchair briere
Quoting: V123
Haha yep like how is this contract bad didn’t know a player getting paid 12 million dollars that puts up over 100 points per season consistently (and way more sometimes) is a bad contract

Honestly, good for Edmonton. McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, Kane and Nugent-Hopkins are ALL good contracts.

Another good signing by this team is Connor Brown.

Evan Bouchard just signed a very 'team-friendly' deal.
V123 liked this.
Aug. 28, 2023 at 3:18 p.m.
Vegas Repeat
Quoting: Wilson_W_Wilson_Jr
Honestly, good for Edmonton. McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, Kane and Nugent-Hopkins are ALL good contracts.

Another good signing by this team is Connor Brown.

Evan Bouchard just signed a very 'team-friendly' deal.

Yes alll great contracts especially Bouchards contract. Going to be very expensive next contract I think. Also we have made it to page 2 🥳🥳🥳

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit