Forums/Armchair-GM

getting drai real wingers

Created by: BouchBomb
Team: 2023-24 Edmonton Oilers
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 11, 2023
Published: Dec. 11, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
91-29-28 just doesn't work 4th straight game they were out-chanced and the 2nd line seemed to be the only sore spot, 91-29 just doesn't work together defensively as they are both too slow and not urgent enough to defend, 91-28 are both just black holes offensively especially brown who kills all the momentum we get going

Drai needs a sniper like vrana who has been one of the best finishers in the league for the past 3 seasons and putting him with the best passer in the league (drai) would help him shine kane is not a sniper but a volume shooter and that's what most people dont recognize, Vrana puts up slightly better D-zone metrics, Has better finishing and has better individual o-zone metrics than kane the only knock of vrana is his commitment and work ethic to the game which i think winning and playing with the best players should help with

Duclair is just all around upgrade on brown who's been by far the worst oiler on this winning streak bottoming out in almost every box score and advanced analytics stat there is, waiting for him to find his game along with campbell is just going to waste another year of prime 97-29 which should be a crime

giving drai and speedster who can transport the puck up the ice and finisher who can snipe it from almost anywhere would be a huge improvement of the slow sluggish 2nd line we have now, pushing brown and kane down the line-up makes us a deeper scarier team to match up with
Trades
SJS
  1. Broberg, Philip
  2. Campbell, Jack
  3. 2024 2nd round pick (EDM)
  4. 2025 1st round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Vrána, Jakub ($1,300,000 retained)
STL
  1. Janmark, Mattias
  2. 2025 3rd round pick (EDM)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$82,929,167$850,000$3,875,000$570,833

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$5,125,000$5,125,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 6
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,325,000$1,325,000
LW
UFA - 1
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
C
RFA - 2
$5,125,000$5,125,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$3,225,000$3M)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RD
RFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
G
UFA - 3
$9,250,000$9,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$2,350,000$2,350,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:05 p.m.
JT Miller for Hart
The Oilers barely give up enough to dump Campbell let alone get Duclair and Blackwood.
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:09 p.m.
mokumboi
Deal. But we'd also love to get Broberg, if possible. grin
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:10 p.m.
Bouchard_fan
Quoting: AK50
The Oilers barely give up enough to dump Campbell let alone get Duclair and Blackwood.

seravalli reported that it would probably only take a 1st and 3rd to dump campbell not 2 1st + prospects like everyone has in their heads, add broberg who still has potential to be something and upgrade that 3rd to a 2nd and you most likely get blackwood idk about duclair tho maybe another pick or prospect like lavoie or XB
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:15 p.m.
Bouchard_fan
Quoting: mokumboi

you think they would do vrana @50% for broberg 1 for 1, I like broberg and think he can still be a great D-man but man do the oilers suck at properly developing prospects Broberg-Bouchard was my dream pair of the future but I don't trust holland to over-see his development anymore after the whole trade debacle, I hope he goes somewhere where he proves what he can do with the trust of the coach and gm
mokumboi liked this.
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:21 p.m.
I think You’re paying too much for Vrana. He was an hour away from going on the waiver wire for free. He was acquired for a 7th round pick cause Yzerman couldn’t wait to get rid of him. And now the blues can’t wait to get rid of him.
mokumboi and BouchBomb liked this.
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:22 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: BouchBomb
you think they would do vrana 50% for broberg 1 for 1, I like broberg and think he can still be a great D-man but man do the oilers suck at properly developing prospects Broberg-Bouchard was my dream pair of the future but I don't trust holland to over-see his development anymore after the whole trade debacle, I hope he goes somewhere where he proves what he can do with the trust of the coach and gm

I have to think they would do that in a heartbeat.
SwarmChair liked this.
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:23 p.m.
mokumboi
seravalli reported that it would probably only take a 1st and 3rd to dump campbell not 2 1st + prospects like everyone has in their heads, add broberg who still has potential to be something and upgrade that 3rd to a 2nd and you most likely get blackwood idk about duclair tho maybe another pick or prospect like lavoie or XB

Heh. Seravalli is dreaming.
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:25 p.m.

2024 1st plus a 3rd. a 24 2nd plus 25 1st is slightly more but not much, and he can say all he wants but if that’s all it took he’d be gone by now!
I’ve heard from sources outside the Oilers insiders it’s more like 1 1sts or a 1st plus a prospect, and Broberg value has fallen to be fair, he 100% isn’t worth Duclair and Blackwood.
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:27 p.m.
Heh. Seravalli is dreaming.

No he’s just more informed than people around here.
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:30 p.m.
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
2024 1st plus a 3rd. a 24 2nd plus 25 1st is slightly more but not much, and he can say all he wants but if that’s all it took he’d be gone by now!
I’ve heard from sources outside the Oilers insiders it’s more like 1 1sts or a 1st plus a prospect, and Broberg value has fallen to be fair, he 100% isn’t worth Duclair and Blackwood.

First of all Serravelli isn’t an Oilers insider. He’s from Philly, worked for TSN, and is a national insider. Second of all, if Frank’s reported cost was the cost the Oilers would still say no. Cause buying out Campbell is an easy option to make. And there’s no goaltender emergency in Edmonton any more. Both Skinner and Pickard are doing fine behind this improved Defence.
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:33 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: SwarmChair
No he’s just more informed than people around here.

Heh. That's like saying he's taller than Grogu. Not exactly saying much there.
SwarmChair liked this.
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:34 p.m.
Heh. That's like saying he's taller than Grogu. Not exactly saying much there.

Lol true. But cmon he’s obviously connected and informed. If anyone knows the values being kicked around it’s him and Friedman.
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:35 p.m.
Bouchard_fan
I think You’re paying too much for Vrana. He was an hour away from going on the waiver wire for free. He was acquired for a 7th round pick cause Yzerman couldn’t wait to get rid of him. And now the blues can’t wait to get rid of him.

knowing ken holland he would still try to pay for vrana like he did with keith when he wanted to be in canada but VAN and CGY didn't want him so kenny paid C.Jones and a 3rd which allowed CHI to sign seth jones then nurse used that as a comparable to get his $, God i still hate him for that nurse bridge
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:38 p.m.
mokumboi
Lol true. But cmon he’s obviously connected and informed. If anyone knows the values being kicked around it’s him and Friedman.

You're killin' me, man. Friedman is waaay worse than Seravalli, who actually does get some things right on occasion. But he also suffers from tell-them-what-they-want-to-hear disease regarding Canadian teams sometimes, and just flat gets a lot of American teams dead wrong (the Blues are one of those teams). But hey if you can find a team to take Campbell for a 1st and 3rd, more power to ya. I just wouldn;t go expecting that outcome.
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:43 p.m.
You're killin' me, man. Friedman is waaay worse than Seravalli, who actually does get some things right on occasion. But he also suffers from tell-them-what-they-want-to-hear disease regarding Canadian teams sometimes, and just flat gets a lot of American teams dead wrong (the Blues are one of those teams). But hey if you can find a team to take Campbell for a 1st and 3rd, more power to ya. I just wouldn;t go expecting that outcome.

I wouldn’t expect that cause I expected the Oilers to just stay the course. There’s no emergency reason to dump Campbell at this point, our goaltending has looked stellar recently. It makes no sense to pay up to dump Campbell, so we can do what? Go get a goaltender that won’t even be better than Skinner? Cause those are the types of goaltenders that are available on the market
Dec. 11, 2023 at 9:48 p.m.
Bouchard_fan
I wouldn’t expect that cause I expected the Oilers to just stay the course. There’s no emergency reason to dump Campbell at this point, our goaltending has looked stellar recently. It makes no sense to pay up to dump Campbell, so we can do what? Go get a goaltender that won’t even be better than Skinner? Cause those are the types of goaltenders that are available on the market

the oilers need someone to split the net with skinner before they burn him out again just like last year and pickard has played 1 game and looked good but his career numbers show that he is nothing more than an organizations great #3, trying to play him as a 1B until playoffs doesn't seem like a recipe for success there is no rush for a goalie now and other teams know it so maybe they won't high ball the oilers as much knowing they are not that desperate to move jack, Now might be the lowest it's going to cost to dump campbell so might as well get it over with
Dec. 11, 2023 at 10:01 p.m.

Just wait until the summer when he is non tendered
Dec. 11, 2023 at 10:06 p.m.
Bouchard_fan
Quoting: vols94

delusional if you truly think that
Dec. 11, 2023 at 10:14 p.m.
delusional if you truly think that

You value him only becuase he was picked in the top 10. You passed on Zegras, Boldy, Knight, York and harley. He has played almost and entire NHL season and gotten 11pts in Edmonton which is really amazing. He has not been able to Crack a D core that is clearly not great despite beig a top 10 pick. RFA in the summer.

Other teams who did not waste a top 10 pick on him dont value 11 pts D men. His real asset is he is a RD.

A guy that Edmonton has more faith in is DESHARNAIS based on his usage and his production has been at least as good as Broberg and no one would see him as a trade Sweetener
Dec. 11, 2023 at 10:15 p.m.
mokumboi

Fair enough.
SwarmChair liked this.
Dec. 11, 2023 at 10:15 p.m.
mokumboi

Would rather have him now.
Dec. 11, 2023 at 10:38 p.m.
You value him only becuase he was picked in the top 10. You passed on Zegras, Boldy, Knight, York and harley. He has played almost and entire NHL season and gotten 11pts in Edmonton which is really amazing. He has not been able to Crack a D core that is clearly not great despite beig a top 10 pick. RFA in the summer.

Other teams who did not waste a top 10 pick on him dont value 11 pts D men. His real asset is he is a RD.

A guy that Edmonton has more faith in is DESHARNAIS based on his usage and his production has been at least as good as Broberg and no one would see him as a trade Sweetener

No he’s valued cause he’s 6’4” and skates like the wind. He could step into a 3rd pair defensive D role today, his range and skating make him great at rush defence which is exactly what will be needed agains the Colorados of the world.
Dec. 11, 2023 at 10:42 p.m.
the oilers need someone to split the net with skinner before they burn him out again just like last year and pickard has played 1 game and looked good but his career numbers show that he is nothing more than an organizations great #3, trying to play him as a 1B until playoffs doesn't seem like a recipe for success there is no rush for a goalie now and other teams know it so maybe they won't high ball the oilers as much knowing they are not that desperate to move jack, Now might be the lowest it's going to cost to dump campbell so might as well get it over with

I could see Pickard doing it again and again. The Oilers D is elite right now giving up very little true high danger chances. But if Pickard can, maybe so can Campbell. There’s no rush.

Our negotiating position improves as the the year moves on and other teams seasons start falling apart. There’s a lot of overachieving teams in this young season right now that will fall back down to earth. Oilers will keep marching and when they comfortably in a Playoff spot they can look for a deal when they have a better idea of what they need.
Dec. 13, 2023 at 9:07 p.m.
No he’s valued cause he’s 6’4” and skates like the wind. He could step into a 3rd pair defensive D role today, his range and skating make him great at rush defence which is exactly what will be needed agains the Colorados of the world.

He could step into a 3rd pair today...except he's in the minors. If he was really ready would he not be in the NHL over superstars like gleason and desharnais?
Dec. 13, 2023 at 9:30 p.m.
He could step into a 3rd pair today...except he's in the minors. If he was really ready would he not be in the NHL over superstars like gleason and desharnais?

Gleasons not in the line up, Broberg would be up over him if his agent didn’t make a poop about ice time. Vinny plays the opposite side and provides physicality that Oilers need on the back end that not much players in the NHL can match let alone a prospect. Coffey also wants 3 set pairs of D that play together all year and gain chemistry. Honest that’s probably the biggest reason Broberg can’t see ice, after the emergency coaching change things changed and Broberg wasn’t going to see ice for awhile. Still would have been the 1st into the line up in case of injury though

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll