Forums/Armchair-GM

Flyers fans what is the price on Konecny

Created by: TkachukNorris79
Team: 2023-24 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 2, 2024
Published: Jan. 2, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Obviously PHI will only consider trading TK11 if they fall out of the playoff race in the next 2 months which seems unlikely right now, but pipe dream. Konecny has ties to Ottawa and obviously Giroux, with a year and a half left on a great deal, ideally extends in the summer long term.

Would fit in really well with this core, and if we can get a 1st out of Tarasenko, we can offer 2 1sts plus players and prospects for him, which I'm not sure many teams will be able or willing to do.

Boucher has been linked to Philly in the past for obvious reasons and wouldn't surprise me if Jones/Briere required him coming back. He's worth like a 3rd or 4th to me but sounds like Philly likes him. Would also have to give up guys like Jarventie and Thomson who are both NHL ready or very close to it. Jarventie is likely a longer term middle 6 guy, Lassi likely bottom pairing but someone like Torts could turn him into something better.
Brannstrom for Seeler swap, and PHI gets Kubalik for cap reasons, which they can give him Top6 minutes and flip him at the deadline.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$775,000
Trades
OTT
  1. 2024 1st round pick (NYR)
NYR
  1. Tarasenko, Vladimir ($2,000,000 retained)
PHI
  1. Boucher, Tyler
  2. Brännström, Erik
  3. Järventie, Roby
  4. Kubalik, Dominik
  5. MacEwen, Zack
  6. Thomson, Lassi
  7. 2024 1st round pick (DET)
  8. 2024 1st round pick (NYR)
Additional Details:
Two 1sts and a bunch of other pieces of lesser value for Konecny and Seeler
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the DET
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$83,112,380$0$1,850,000$387,620
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$8,350,000$8,350,000
C
UFA - 8
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$8,205,714$8,205,714
LW
UFA - 5
$7,950,000$7,950,000
C
UFA - 7
$4,975,000$4,975,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
C
RFA - 1
$2,950,000$2,950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$870,000$870,000
LW
UFA - 1
$835,000$835,000
C, RW
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,600,000$4,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$805,000$805,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 2 at 1:51 p.m.
... We're a "Team"..
A lot of "wishful thinking" here. Lots moving but no value being given.

Whilst still young, Thomson was put on waivers, claimed by ANA and subsequently put back on waivers and claimed by OTT again in the span of 48 hours. Not a great look. It also doesn't help that he is still completely lost in the D-zone in Belleville. Offensively he's fine, great shot from the point and good first pass but everything else leaves much to be desired.

Boucher just played his first couple of games after a "groin tweak". He looks okay but still hasn't shown he can be an NHL player. I like his physicality and can understand where the interest comes from on Philly's end, I just can't see them asking for him just because of nepotism.

Jarventie has all the attributes of a solid NHL player in the making. Big, fast and can shoot. Plays all three positions. Downside is he hasn't yet discovered how big he is and has yet to develop "man strength". Didn't do a whole lot when he was called up near the beginning of the year. A work in progress that draws little interest when being traded for a legit top 6 winger.

Kubalik, Brannstrom and MacEwan are all roster throw ins that do little to move the needle to replace what the flyers are losing short and long term. The two first round picks are likely in the mid to high 20's considering Detroit's 1st will be replaced by Boston's first and NYR's first is going to be close to it. Nice to have but you aren't getting anything that'll help your franchise immediately.

You also have to take into consideration that Philly, whilst technically moving towards a rebuild, is in a playoff spot. They really don't need to trade Konecny thus bringing his value even higher.

Personally, I would love Konecny to come back to Ottawa where he played his junior years. One of my favorites growing up. But, the value is non-existent here for the flyers to consider.

Source: I am a Sens fan.
TkachukNorris79 liked this.
Jan. 2 at 2:00 p.m.
TkachukNorris79
Quoting: Green4D4
A lot of "wishful thinking" here. Lots moving but no value being given.

Whilst still young, Thomson was put on waivers, claimed by ANA and subsequently put back on waivers and claimed by OTT again in the span of 48 hours. Not a great look. It also doesn't help that he is still completely lost in the D-zone in Belleville. Offensively he's fine, great shot from the point and good first pass but everything else leaves much to be desired.

Boucher just played his first couple of games after a "groin tweak". He looks okay but still hasn't shown he can be an NHL player. I like his physicality and can understand where the interest comes from on Philly's end, I just can't see them asking for him just because of nepotism.

Jarventie has all the attributes of a solid NHL player in the making. Big, fast and can shoot. Plays all three positions. Downside is he hasn't yet discovered how big he is and has yet to develop "man strength". Didn't do a whole lot when he was called up near the beginning of the year. A work in progress that draws little interest when being traded for a legit top 6 winger.

Kubalik, Brannstrom and MacEwan are all roster throw ins that do little to move the needle to replace what the flyers are losing short and long term. The two first round picks are likely in the mid to high 20's considering Detroit's 1st will be replaced by Boston's first and NYR's first is going to be close to it. Nice to have but you aren't getting anything that'll help your franchise immediately.

You also have to take into consideration that Philly, whilst technically moving towards a rebuild, is in a playoff spot. They really don't need to trade Konecny thus bringing his value even higher.

Personally, I would love Konecny to come back to Ottawa where he played his junior years. One of my favorites growing up. But, the value is non-existent here for the flyers to consider.

Source: I am a Sens fan.

Yeah I would agree with all of that. I just also think that even with the two later 1sts, it's gonna be hard for Philly to find a better offer, unless a high-end team is offering a very high end prospect.

I think they would be wise to keep him but they're in this weird middle ground right now where Briere wants to rebuild but the team is killing it. I wonder how they play the TDL this year as they don't need to move Konecny yet and would be wiser to keep him until the draft or 2025 TDL.
Jan. 2 at 2:23 p.m.
Tspky
Tarasenko has a full NTC so you probably won’t get a 1st. He’s probably going to force his way to his preferred team (similar to Kane, Hall, etc). From NYR you could probably get Jones and a 2nd tho.
Jan. 2 at 2:28 p.m.
TkachukNorris79
Quoting: Spanky227
Tarasenko has a full NTC so you probably won’t get a 1st. He’s probably going to force his way to his preferred team (similar to Kane, Hall, etc). From NYR you could probably get Jones and a 2nd tho.

I would agree with you however he also had a NMC last year and got a 1st with a higher cap hit and he was worse in STL last year compared to OTT this year. I think he's worth a late 1st with retention and will likely get it (he's not going to be picky about where he goes for 2 months).

If I'm Staios I stand firm at the asking price of a late 1st
Jan. 2 at 2:37 p.m.
Tspky
Quoting: TkachukNorris79
I would agree with you however he also had a NMC last year and got a 1st with a higher cap hit and he was worse in STL last year compared to OTT this year. I think he's worth a late 1st with retention and will likely get it (he's not going to be picky about where he goes for 2 months).

If I'm Staios I stand firm at the asking price of a late 1st

Fair, last year he didn’t enforce the NTC for playoff teams. We will see if he does this year. He definitely loved being with NYR and I’d love to have him back. But with no 2nds in the next 2/3 years, if I were Drury, I’d be hesitant to give up the 1st (just a better chance of hitting an eventual NHLer).
TkachukNorris79 liked this.
Jan. 2 at 5:48 p.m.
Quoting: Spanky227
Fair, last year he didn’t enforce the NTC for playoff teams. We will see if he does this year. He definitely loved being with NYR and I’d love to have him back. But with no 2nds in the next 2/3 years, if I were Drury, I’d be hesitant to give up the 1st (just a better chance of hitting an eventual NHLer).

that is a idiotic way of thinking and why NYR will not win a cup if their GM has that thinking, they are the TOP team in the NHL, their chance to win is NOW not in 3+ years when w/e prospects they would pick in the late 20s might be ready, Tank is playing well and is a playoff performer. Who knows were the rangers will be next year.

this is the exact mentality muckler had with OTT when they were among the top teams in the NHL in the early 2000s and OTT got zero cups out of it, if rangers need scoring for the playoff run, a 1st for Tank is worth it all the way. with 32 teams in the NHL and 16 making playoffs only 1 team can win it.
Jan. 2 at 5:56 p.m.
TK is not going to get 2 firsts.... a first and a prospect is the standard fare for a player of his caliber most likely add a 2nd or another middling prospect because he has 1 year left on his deal after this season

Fiala and Reinhart trades are examples for base value

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll