SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2019 Redraft

2019 Redraft (edited)

Draft Class: 2019
Created By: jd__
Published: Jan. 4 at 3:14 p.m.
Description
I will state, it won’t just be the best players at the top always, if players are somewhat close in talent but the team needs them more, that’ll play a factor.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Jack Hughes has been the best player of this draft, nuff said, they stay with this pick.
2Logo of the New York Rangers-Ultimately between Zegras and Boldy here for me(Cozens too), Seider is the second best player in the draft, but with Wheeler possibly retiring or leaving the team after this season, they’ll need a RW that’s not just named Lafreniere
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Seider would be a great fit in Chicago, it would stack up that right side for them, and Seider can play with almost anyone and make them better. Plus like I said, he’s the second best player of the draft.
4Logo of the Colorado AvalancheLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsAvalanche definitely take a center here, they need that 2C and I think Cozens is a better option than Zegras for here.
5Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Kings could use a potential first pairing D on that left side. If Byram can keep healthy I think this is perfect for the Kings.
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Not sure how Wings fan will feel about this but it was between Z and Caufield. Though Z had more versatility as he can play both center and wing and the Wings could use both a 2C and top pairing LW
7Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
Cam York (+7 )
Obviously, the next best player available is Caufield, and to have him drop this far as a Habs fan kills me but there has just been better options for these teams. Obviously for the Sabres here, they’re gonna have so much firepower offensively in the future with their prospect pool and having Cam York who can play on the right side if needed will really help the D, even if he’s not the best pick for this spot.
8Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Put him with McDavid or Draisaitl and he’s bound to go off, plus, the Oilers could use another forward whereas their defence is pretty set. They could go with Spencer Knight here but Skinner I think is just having a tough start to the year, we know what he’s done in the past. Plus, Knight hasn’t been anything special, but I do think the Cats rushed him.
9Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Ducks could use a top 6 winger and Maccelli is their guy
10Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Tough one to decide for the Canucks but I thought I would go LW, didn’t think they had very many holes anywhere
11Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Philadelphia FlyersCan play C or RW, having top 3 centers be Cooley, Geekie, and Dach would be great
12Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Decided to go with a D here as the Wild were tough, obviously they don’t have Boldy anymore but they have some replacements. Yurov might not turn out as good as Boldy but he’s a similar player
13Logo of the Florida Panthers-Newhook could be great as the 2nd line LW currently for the Panthers as they don’t really have any good young LW
14Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Arizona CoyotesThis one might have some people confused, losing York they need to add a D on the left side, to me it was between Broberg and Heinola. I think if Broberg gets a chance at being a full time NHLer things could change for him
15Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Last one cause I didn’t realize how long the whole 1st round would take.. Wanted to have a little fun here as a Habs fan, obviously losing Caufield hurts here but adding Kakko and giving him a chance in the top 6 unlike the Rangers might change the whole trajectory of his career. Not saying it would but it could. Realistically I’d like to add Brink here or maybe even Knight
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
17Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-
19Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
20Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
22Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
23Logo of the New York Islanders-
24Logo of the Nashville Predators-
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-
26Logo of the Calgary Flames-
27Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
28Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
29Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the San Jose Sharks
30Logo of the Boston Bruins-
31Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the St. Louis Blues
Jan. 4 at 3:20 p.m.
Ok
Hi
Jan. 4 at 5:11 p.m.
good work! Like the thoughs put into it!
jd__ liked this.
Jan. 4 at 6:52 p.m.
I would definitely take any of Tomasino, Pelletier, McMichael, Pinto, Brink, Kotchetkov, Vlasic, Spence, Voronkov, or Wolf over Broberg at this point in time
jd__ liked this.
Jan. 4 at 10:11 p.m.
Ok
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
I would definitely take any of Tomasino, Pelletier, McMichael, Pinto, Brink, Kotchetkov, Vlasic, Spence, Voronkov, or Wolf over Broberg at this point in time

Yeah definitely makes sense, he was more of a “fun” pick anyway, would be cool to see what happens if he actually got time in the NHL. If I didn’t do Broberg I was going to do Spence for the Flyers
Ledge_And_Dairy liked this.
Jan. 4 at 10:52 p.m.
Ok
Quoting: drambui
good work! Like the thoughs put into it!

Thank you! Appreciate it, going to do more drafts in the future, and probably make a full 1st round version of this one at some point

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll