3. 2024 1st round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
3-way trade
EDM
    Guentzel, Jake ($1,500,000 retained)
    CBJ
    1. 2024 5th round pick (EDM)
    Additional Details:
    From PIT: Guentzel, Jake ($3,000,000 retained)

3-way trade
    EDM
    1. Carrick, Sam ($425,000 retained)
    ANA
    1. 2025 3rd round pick (EDM)
    Buyouts
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$83,500,000$83,245,961$850,000$3,875,000$254,039
    Prorated Cap Hit

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $5,125,000$2,829,427
    LW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $12,500,000$6,901,042
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $5,500,000$3,036,458
    RW, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    Guentzel, Jake
    $1,500,000$828,125
    $8,500,000$4,692,708
    C, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$510,677 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    $5,125,000$2,829,427
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $2,100,000$1,159,375
    C
    RFA - 2
    $2,750,000$1,518,229
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$552,083
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
    $0$0
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$496,875
    C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $775,000$427,865
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$427,865 (Performance Bonus$3,225,000$3M)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $9,250,000$5,106,771
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $3,250,000$1,794,271
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $2,600,000$1,435,417
    G
    UFA - 3
    $6,000,000$3,312,500
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $3,900,000$2,153,125
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $762,500$420,964
    G
    UFA - 1
    $2,750,000$1,518,229
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $762,500$420,964
    RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jan. 5 at 8:48 a.m.
    JT Miller for Hart
    IMO it's not suitable for a deep run. You need a guy who can reliably come into relief for Skinner and someone better in Desharnais' place.
    Jan. 5 at 9:17 a.m.
    ural740811
    Quoting: AK50
    IMO it's not suitable for a deep run. You need a guy who can reliably come into relief for Skinner and someone better in Desharnais' place.

I have questions about your verdict. For what reasons did you decide that our goalkeepers who follow Skinner will not cope with their task of giving the necessary rest to Skinner, Picard does an excellent job as a backup, I am quite comfortable with him, Rodrigue is currently the best goalkeeper in the AHL, and I hope for recovery Campbell as backup for the end of the season. Picard has a 90.4 save percentage in 6 games.
    Regarding Desharnais, he is a legitimate third pairing defender, he does his job perfectly, he does not need to be replaced.
    Desharnais has +/- +1 at 14 minutes per game, which also suggests that the person copes with his task and does not sag.
    Jan. 5 at 10:43 a.m.
    Do you think EDM has interest on Guentzel?
    Jan. 5 at 10:44 a.m.
    Pens decline. They've been great recently and the Metro is wide open. Unless those two things change pretty quickly, I do not see the Pens selling.
    And if they would sell Jake, this offer isn't enough to win the bidding war that would be had over him. Copponi's scoring well in the NCAA but I don't think he'd stack up well against the quality of prospect other teams can part with. I don't think Berezkin is going to make the NHL. The 1st is the only real piece coming back.
    Jan. 5 at 11:27 a.m.
    ural740811
    Quoting: Vancity2196
    Do you think EDM has interest on Guentzel?

I think that if Pittsburgh loses their playoff chances and there is a fair price, Edmonton certainly has interest because Guentzel is the best winger at the deadline.
    Vancity2196 liked this.
    Jan. 5 at 11:32 a.m.
    ural740811
    Quoting: Haymaker26
    Pens decline. They've been great recently and the Metro is wide open. Unless those two things change pretty quickly, I do not see the Pens selling.
    And if they would sell Jake, this offer isn't enough to win the bidding war that would be had over him. Copponi's scoring well in the NCAA but I don't think he'd stack up well against the quality of prospect other teams can part with. I don't think Berezkin is going to make the NHL. The 1st is the only real piece coming back.

Perhaps I can agree with you. It is possible to offer Petrov instead of Berezkin, but I think this proposal is definitely worthy.
    Jan. 5 at 11:36 a.m.
    I Love J Boqvist
    That doesn't come close to getting 50% guentzel with the way he's played. That's an offer short of what Tyler Bertuzzi got last year.

If you aren't willing to give up more than just a 1st NJD would sell you toffoli retained for a 1st+3rd
    Jan. 5 at 11:45 a.m.
    ural740811
    Quoting: dgibb10
    That doesn't come close to getting 50% guentzel with the way he's played. That's an offer short of what Tyler Bertuzzi got last year.

If you aren't willing to give up more than just a 1st NJD would sell you toffoli retained for a 1st+3rd

I fundamentally disagree with you, this is a worthy proposal.
    Jan. 5 at 11:48 a.m.
    I Love J Boqvist
    Quoting: ural740811
    I fundamentally disagree with you, this is a worthy proposal.

A 1st and 2 late round nothing prospects.

It gets you a normal, mediocre rental winger.

It does not get you a guy with more points than Leon Draisaitl
    Jan. 5 at 2:09 p.m.
    Perhaps I can agree with you. It is possible to offer Petrov instead of Berezkin, but I think this proposal is definitely worthy.

I don't think it's worthy. Guentzel's been a consistent 35+, 75+ point player for nearly his entire career and guys that can contribute offensively like he can do not come easily or cheap. None of Copponi, Berezkin, or Petrov really jump off the page. We're not really getting anything more than a 1st here. Players that have had better returns in the last year include Alex Newhook, Filip Hronek, and Jake McCabe. None of those guys come anywhere close to Jake's value.
    Jan. 5 at 10:34 p.m.
    ural740811
    Quoting: Haymaker26
    I don't think it's worthy. Guentzel's been a consistent 35+, 75+ point player for nearly his entire career and guys that can contribute offensively like he can do not come easily or cheap. None of Copponi, Berezkin, or Petrov really jump off the page. We're not really getting anything more than a 1st here. Players that have had better returns in the last year include Alex Newhook, Filip Hronek, and Jake McCabe. None of those guys come anywhere close to Jake's value.

Well, first of all, it’s not entirely correct to give an example with defenders Hronek and McCabe, after all, we are talking about a striker. Then look how much Chicago got for Kane at the last deadline, Kane is clearly not inferior to Guentzel in terms of skill, and this was the late 2nd round and late 4th round. So I wouldn’t unequivocally say that my offer is bad, because it’s just a loan, and not a productive striker with a contract for a couple of years.
    For example, they got the 2nd round for Niedereiter, and he had another year plus on his contract, and of course he is a different kind of power forward, but still productive in the middle six.
    And for Oreilly and, in addition, the legitimate 4th center, Assiari received two current AHL forwards and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd round of the draft. I may add another 2nd round draft for good measure.
    And for Tarasenko (also not the last man in the attack, at that time 38 games 29 points) and in addition Mikkola, the legitimate defender of the third pair received a cap reset in the person of Blaze, because for 1.5 million he did not play, AHL defensive defender, late 1 1st and 4th round.
    I dare to suggest that your desires are slightly at odds with reality.
    Jan. 6 at 10:29 a.m.
    Well, first of all, it’s not entirely correct to give an example with defenders Hronek and McCabe, after all, we are talking about a striker. Then look how much Chicago got for Kane at the last deadline, Kane is clearly not inferior to Guentzel in terms of skill, and this was the late 2nd round and late 4th round. So I wouldn’t unequivocally say that my offer is bad, because it’s just a loan, and not a productive striker with a contract for a couple of years.
    For example, they got the 2nd round for Niedereiter, and he had another year plus on his contract, and of course he is a different kind of power forward, but still productive in the middle six.
    And for Oreilly and, in addition, the legitimate 4th center, Assiari received two current AHL forwards and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd round of the draft. I may add another 2nd round draft for good measure.
    And for Tarasenko (also not the last man in the attack, at that time 38 games 29 points) and in addition Mikkola, the legitimate defender of the third pair received a cap reset in the person of Blaze, because for 1.5 million he did not play, AHL defensive defender, late 1 1st and 4th round.
    I dare to suggest that your desires are slightly at odds with reality.

Let's break this all down.
    If the Guentzel trade is specifically a loan, than it isn't happening purely for the fact that teams who want to keep him long-term will be willing to pay more for him. So it's not in Pittsburgh's best interest to consider it.

The 2nd in the Kane trade was a conditional 1st, the conditions weren't met. Saying it was just a late 2nd is disingenious. Additionally, Kane was in the middle of the worst season he'd had in a decade, had a $10.5M contract to maneuver around, and had complete control of where he ended up. All of those things lowered Kane's trade value, and none of them are true of Guentzel.

Some of the same things can be said for the Tarasenko deal: a down year compared to the previous season and a full NTC that lowered his value. Throwing in the rest of the trade doesn't really add to your case. Blais wasn't good in NY, Hunter Skinner isn't an AHL lineup regular and probably won't ever see NHL action, and Mikkola wasn't all that legitimate until this season. The trade basically boils down to a mid round pick for Mikkola, a 1st for Tarasenko, and Skinner/Blais thrown in to stay at the same # of contracts and make the cap work.

O'Reilly, unlike the last two, had no trade protection. That meant a bidding war, which meant he went to the team that was willing to pony up the most. That would definitely be the case if Guentzel became available, and Dubas will be drowning in better offers than yours. Oh, and (again) ROR had a down year with STL before he got traded.

Niederreiter isn't a fair comparison to any of ROR, Kane, or Tarasenko. Middle six players go for a 2nd or more at the deadline pretty frequently. Granlund, Domi, and Eller all did at the same deadline as Nino. The difference in impact between middle six wingers and stars like Guentzel or Kane is significant.

What you are getting in Guentzel is one of the most consistent scorers the game has had for the past several years, the best winger Crosby has ever had, and a player good enough to make Sid better. He was leading the NHL in even strength points for a couple months and is still tied for 2nd, and is outscoring Draisaitl. It'll take more than a 1st and some expendable prospects, even as a rental.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll