Raiding the flames

Created by: SlimTJ100
Team: 2023-24 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 15, 2024
Published: Jan. 15, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Does Calgary do something like this?

A rumor was out there a few weeks about a trade with rangers and flames. I’ve tweaked it some and made a bit larger (filling Ranger needs)
Trades
CGY
  1. Edström, Adam
  2. Jones, Zachary
  3. Pitlick, Tyler
  4. Schneider, Braden
  5. 2024 2nd round pick (NYR)
Additional Details:
2nd becomes a 1st should they make the ECF

Pitlick is a throw in. Could be any number of guys instead: JBrod, Bonino, for example
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$79,924,916$610,892$182,500$3,575,084
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW
RFA - 1
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,325,000$2,325,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW
RFA - 2
$4,437,500$4,437,500
C, LW
UFA - 4
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,872,000$3,872,000
LD
RFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1
-$1,125,000-$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$825,000$825,000
LD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$762,500$762,500 ($0$0$0$0)
C
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 15 at 2:32 p.m.
The only good player in that Flames deal is Tanev lol. Why add all the other not needed players
Jan. 15 at 2:43 p.m.
Milolaborino
Quoting: Rags21
The only good player in that Flames deal is Tanev lol. Why add all the other not needed players

Ruzikca would a key to the deal. He’s good. He’s behind 3 centers there. And gives us insurance for Chytil. 6’4, 24 years old. Gilbert is too. Jones can’t play defense. Duehr gives us a 4th liner better then what we have for two seasons cheap

Try to analyze a deal next time 🤷🏻‍♂️
Jan. 15 at 2:48 p.m.
Quoting: SlimTJ100
Ruzikca would a key to the deal. He’s good. He’s behind 3 centers there. And gives us insurance for Chytil. 6’4, 24 years old. Gilbert is too. Jones can’t play defense

Try to analyze a deal next time 🤷🏻‍♂️

There’s barely any difference between Ruzikca and Edstrom. And he didn’t stand out when rangers played Calgary. Also he got bodied by Vesey lol

Gilbert is barely a massive upgrade over jones. All at the expense of Schneider? Lol

You could probably get Ruzikca, Tanev and Gilbert for a 1st, Jones and Rempe
Onlyfairtrades1 liked this.
Jan. 15 at 3:01 p.m.
As a fan of both teams... wow, this is a terrible trade for NYR. NYR don't have to change anything at D. If there was any rumor between the two, it had to be for Lindholm. It makes no sense to swap Schneider for Tanev.

Looking at the supporting cast, Bonino and Gustaffsson (outside of his god awful turnover yesterday, but it happens) have been solid. Bonino is definitely meant to be the 4C, it's a temporary problem at the 3C position, that could probably be solved by putting Brodzinski there instead. It's not worth throwing the future away for this. Rose is a decent temporary upgrade at 3C, but Bonino is a much better 4C than he would be after Chytil heals up. Duher looked good last year, but he can't even crack the lineup full time in CGY this year, what makes you think he can make the roster full time in NYR?

I really don't get this one.
Jan. 15 at 3:03 p.m.
Milolaborino
There’s barely any difference between Ruzikca and Edstrom. And he didn’t stand out when rangers played Calgary. Also he got bodied by Vesey lol

Gilbert is barely a massive upgrade over jones. All at the expense of Schneider? Lol

You could probably get Ruzikca, Tanev and Gilbert for a 1st, Jones and Rempe

Ruzicka has 4 NHL seasons (111 games), Edstrom has one game. What the hell are you taking about 😂

Debating with people who have no idea is the best part about this place
Jan. 15 at 3:05 p.m.
Quoting: mvp13
As a fan of both teams... wow, this is a terrible trade for NYR. NYR don't have to change anything at D. If there was any rumor between the two, it had to be for Lindholm. It makes no sense to swap Schneider for Tanev.

Looking at the supporting cast, Bonino and Gustaffsson (outside of his god awful turnover yesterday, but it happens) have been solid. Bonino is definitely meant to be the 4C, it's a temporary problem at the 3C position, that could probably be solved by putting Brodzinski there instead. It's not worth throwing the future away for this. Rose is a decent temporary upgrade at 3C, but Bonino is a much better 4C than he would be after Chytil heals up. Duher looked good last year, but he can't even crack the lineup full time in CGY this year, what makes you think he can make the roster full time in NYR?

No one does, except the poster.
mvp13 liked this.
Jan. 15 at 3:08 p.m.
Ruzicka has 4 NHL seasons (111 games), Edstrom has one game. What the hell are you taking about 😂

Yea because he came over to NA way before Edstrom. Nothing stands out about Ruzicka besides his size. Doesn’t really move the needle

But you clearly have a hard on for Tanev and Schneider is your scapegoat lol
Jan. 15 at 4:21 p.m.
Milolaborino
Edited Jan. 15 at 4:32 p.m.
Yea because he came over to NA way before Edstrom. Nothing stands out about Ruzicka besides his size. Doesn’t really move the needle

But you clearly have a hard on for Tanev and Schneider is your scapegoat lol

I really like Schneider so you’re wrong. But him playing 10 minutes a game is killing them. If they have designs on the cup, and they do, playing your 5th D ten minutes a game is going to bite them in the ass. Tanev plays 19 mins on their 3rd pair

I do do some research before putting together fake trades. People hate the idea of replacing Schneider with Tanev, and I get it, but Lavy doesn’t trust him enough is the point of it all. If he did like would play more

Ruzicka is better than bonino and goodrow and would give a solid center for the future. Bonino is about as useless as it comes other then PK
Jan. 15 at 4:28 p.m.
Milolaborino

Do you realize the difference on the whole D corp of a guy who plays 10 minutes as opposed to someone who plays 19? That’s the difference between Tanev and Schneider. All people think about is 3 years from now, instead of right now. That’s what I’m thinking of, RIGHT NOW

The idea that Schneider is some irreplaceable player has me baffled. He’s a bottom pair D for the foreseeable future
Jan. 15 at 4:50 p.m.
I really like Schneider so you’re wrong. But him playing 10 minutes a game is killing them. If they have designs on the cup, and they do, playing your 5th D ten minutes a game is going to bite them in the ass. Tanev plays 19 mins on their 3rd pair

I do do some research before putting together fake trades. People hate the idea of replacing Schneider with Tanev, and I get it, but Lavy doesn’t trust him enough is the point of it all. If he did like would play more

Ruzicka is better than bonino and goodrow and would give a solid center for the future. Bonino is about as useless as it comes other then PK

Lmao Gus-Schneider is their best pair regardless or minutes played. If you want Tanev, then Trouba or Miller should be sitting

Schneider is arguably playing better than Miller, Trouba and even Lindgren right now lmao. All those of those guys are atrocious in their own zone

But sure blame the guy playing 10 minutes and not the coach when it’s clear Schneider ISN’T the problem. (By the way, Tanev is barely an upgrade over Schneider lmao)
Jan. 15 at 4:53 p.m.
Do you realize the difference on the whole D corp of a guy who plays 10 minutes as opposed to someone who plays 19? That’s the difference between Tanev and Schneider. All people think about is 3 years from now, instead of right now. That’s what I’m thinking of, RIGHT NOW

The idea that Schneider is some irreplaceable player has me baffled. He’s a bottom pair D for the foreseeable future

Schneider's ATOI for the season is 15minutes, which is on par for 3rd pairing defensemen. WTF are you even talking about?

Schneider is a 2nd pair defenseman on most teams. He's the long term replacement for Trouba. I might not consider him irreplaceable, but it would take a heck of a lot more than this backwards trade.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jan. 15 at 6:15 p.m.
Milolaborino
Edited Jan. 15 at 6:30 p.m.
Schneider's ATOI for the season is 15minutes, which is on par for 3rd pairing defensemen. WTF are you even talking about?

Schneider is a 2nd pair defenseman on most teams. He's the long term replacement for Trouba. I might not consider him irreplaceable, but it would take a heck of a lot more than this backwards trade.
15 isn’t enough ALL season. He hasn’t even hit 15 in awhile. He’s playing less and less every game. Half of this is because of the minutes on Fox…because we can’t have all 5’11 and 185 lbs of Fox playing 25 minutes a game in the REGULAR SEASON. And people wonder why he “looks slow” this season

Schneiders last 5 games toi:

10:25
13:26
11:40
14:32
13:00

Fox:
24:02
25:25
25:29
24:05
25:37

If that pace keeps up we’re ****ed because he’ll be dead ass tired, or injured. by the time the playoffs come. There is still 40 games left in the regular season for crying out loud

I won’t ignore it but you can

Do some research, go ahead and gulp and think of something else to say to be proven wrong on

I get that he’s Troubas replacement in 3 years lol. But we’re at now now (Spaceballs), and now’s team isn’t good enough. The other half of this is because he’s valuable enough to get us what we need for the playoffs

If you want better players for Schneider ok I’ll buy that, and that’s fair, but he should in fact be traded because isn’t playing enough for us to win RIGHT NOW. Tanev is basically the best fit possible tho for what we need, which is why this post exists lol. But people can’t let go of the JD fist pump and what he may be in 3 years, and completely forget about what we have this year. It’s actually mind boggling to me.

If he was Makar potential yes no never trade that away. But he’s not, his ceiling is McDonagh imo. Which isn’t bad at all, but not something untouchable imo. Drew Fortesque is a guy we have who could play in 3 years probably, but still it isn’t that consumes me like seemingly every other Ranger fan. 3 years is a very long time in the NHL. Girardi for instance, developed out of nowhere and became one my favorite players of all time. They could have that from someone again

Again, #4s value can get us more now players and allow a better chance at the Stanley cup…which is literally all i care about
Jan. 15 at 6:55 p.m.
Milolaborino
Lmao Gus-Schneider is their best pair regardless or minutes played. If you want Tanev, then Trouba or Miller should be sitting

Schneider is arguably playing better than Miller, Trouba and even Lindgren right now lmao. All those of those guys are atrocious in their own zone

But sure blame the guy playing 10 minutes and not the coach when it’s clear Schneider ISN’T the problem. (By the way, Tanev is barely an upgrade over Schneider lmao)

Schneider isn’t better than Miller cmon man. Tanev is best out there to pick up as far as defensive defenseman is concerned. I’ll trust the hockey pundits and not you if that’s ok 😂
Jan. 15 at 6:58 p.m.
Schneider isn’t better than Miller cmon man. Tanev is best out there to pick up as far as defensive defenseman is concerned. I’ll trust the hockey pundits and not you if that’s ok 😂

Lmao right that’s why Miller and Trouba are getting caved in every game against every team’s top lines

I guess Laffy/chytil/Kakko all suck because Quinn and Gallant only played them 12 minutes a game. Imagine using TOI as a measurement of who’s good or not 😂😂
Jan. 15 at 7:00 p.m.
Milolaborino
Lmao right that’s why Miller and Trouba are getting caved in every game against every team’s top lines

I guess Laffy/chytil/Kakko all suck because Quinn and Gallant only played them 12 minutes a game. Imagine using TOI as a measurement of who’s good or not 😂😂

Need the ignore button for you
Man you’re stupid 😂
Jan. 15 at 7:04 p.m.
Need the ignore button for you
Man you’re stupid 😂

Lmao coming from you 😂 every single ranger fan know your trades are awful. sure let’s trade for a 36 year old bum because Lavi doesn’t like using Schneider, but continues to roll out the corpse of Miller and Trouba

You’d be the Gallant of GM’s and fired quickly
Jan. 15 at 7:05 p.m.
Milolaborino
Lmao coming from you 😂 every single ranger fan know your trades are awful. sure let’s trade for a 36 year old bum because Lavi doesn’t like using Schneider, but continues to roll out the corpse of Miller and Trouba

You’d be the Gallant of GM’s and fired quickly

Stay stupid
Jan. 15 at 7:09 p.m.
Stay stupid

You too my guy 😂 using TOI to measure Schneider’s ability to play defense lmao

Maybe try watching every other defenseman not named Schneider and you’ll realize he ain’t that bad
Jan. 15 at 7:24 p.m.
15 isn’t enough ALL season. He hasn’t even hit 15 in awhile. He’s playing less and less every game. Half of this is because of the minutes on Fox…because we can’t have all 5’11 and 185 lbs of Fox playing 25 minutes a game in the REGULAR SEASON. And people wonder why he “looks slow” this season

Schneiders last 5 games toi:

10:25
13:26
11:40
14:32
13:00

Fox:
24:02
25:25
25:29
24:05
25:37

If that pace keeps up we’re ****ed because he’ll be dead ass tired, or injured. by the time the playoffs come. There is still 40 games left in the regular season for crying out loud

I won’t ignore it but you can

Do some research, go ahead and gulp and think of something else to say to be proven wrong on

I get that he’s Troubas replacement in 3 years lol. But we’re at now now (Spaceballs), and now’s team isn’t good enough. The other half of this is because he’s valuable enough to get us what we need for the playoffs

If you want better players for Schneider ok I’ll buy that, and that’s fair, but he should in fact be traded because isn’t playing enough for us to win RIGHT NOW. Tanev is basically the best fit possible tho for what we need, which is why this post exists lol. But people can’t let go of the JD fist pump and what he may be in 3 years, and completely forget about what we have this year. It’s actually mind boggling to me.

If he was Makar potential yes no never trade that away. But he’s not, his ceiling is McDonagh imo. Which isn’t bad at all, but not something untouchable imo. Drew Fortesque is a guy we have who could play in 3 years probably, but still it isn’t that consumes me like seemingly every other Ranger fan. 3 years is a very long time in the NHL. Girardi for instance, developed out of nowhere and became one my favorite players of all time. They could have that from someone again

Again, #4s value can get us more now players and allow a better chance at the Stanley cup…which is literally all i care about

Man, for typing a lot you really don't understand the game.

When the team is healthy, Schneider gets no or very little ice time on special teams. This is because the top 4 are so elite. It's not a knock on him. Chances are if his ice time is below 12-15mins, there's a lot of penalties on either side so it keeps him out of the game.

Tanev might change that slightly on the penalty killing side, but Fox is a #1 D man who is elite on both sides of the puck. You can trade Schneider for Victor Hedman if you want and play Hedman on the 3rd pair, Fox is still playing 22+ minutes a night.

Tanev is not going to make any meaningful impact on Fox's time on ice. I can't believe that is the genesis for this bogus trade. Even if Tanev does play more PK time than Fox, they will just play Fox more at even strength. Tanev probably costs more to resign next year than Schneider. To trade the future for a few minutes of penalty killing time of Adam Fox is literally brain dead.
Rags21 liked this.
Jan. 15 at 7:25 p.m.
Milolaborino
Man, for typing a lot you really don't understand the game.

When the team is healthy, Schneider gets no or very little ice time on special teams. This is because the top 4 are so elite. It's not a knock on him. Chances are if his ice time is below 12-15mins, there's a lot of penalties on either side so it keeps him out of the game.

Tanev might change that slightly on the penalty killing side, but Fox is a #1 D man who is elite on both sides of the puck. You can trade Schneider for Victor Hedman if you want and play Hedman on the 3rd pair, Fox is still playing 22+ minutes a night.

Tanev is not going to make any meaningful impact on Fox's time on ice. I can't believe that is the genesis for this bogus trade. Even if Tanev does play more PK time than Fox, they will just play Fox more at even strength. Tanev probably costs more to resign next year than Schneider. To trade the future for a few minutes of penalty killing time of Adam Fox is literally brain dead.

Fox hasn’t been healthy all season, WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT. Try again brainiac

Never mind the center we get either. It’s completely irrelevant for gods sake 🙄
Jan. 15 at 7:26 p.m.
Fox hasn’t been healthy all season, WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT. Try again brainiac

???

How on earth does him getting injured have any bearing on this conversation?
Jan. 15 at 7:29 p.m.
Milolaborino
???

Maybe because he’s playing too many minutes because Braden played 10 😂the other day they had no PPs and he played 24 minutes….IN A REGULAR SEASON GAME IN JANUARY. All 5’11 - 182 lbs of him coming off a knee injury did it

I literally cannot with people
Jan. 15 at 7:37 p.m.
???

Maybe because he’s playing too many minutes because Braden played 10 😂the other day they had no PPs and he played 24 minutes….IN A REGULAR SEASON GAME IN JANUARY. All 5’11 - 182 lbs of him coming off a knee injury did it

He’s literally blaming Schneider like he’s the one who controls his own ice time 😂

Try blaming the coach who keeps running the same top 4 pairing and same top 6 forwards into the ground each game
Jan. 15 at 7:40 p.m.
Milolaborino
He’s literally blaming Schneider like he’s the one who controls his own ice time 😂

Try blaming the coach who keeps running the same top 4 pairing and same top 6 forwards into the ground each game

You think they’re bad with Trouba and miller, imagine if they didn’t have them. Ohhhh boy…

stay stupid
Jan. 15 at 7:43 p.m.

He got hurt in a knee on knee collision, not because he played too many minutes. Christopher Tanev would not have prevented this from happening

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll