SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

So far and away but hear me out in the thread D man re-signs

Created by: Augustus
Published: Feb. 18 at 3:38 a.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 60/192 (31%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Buffalo SabresBuffalo Sabres

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Mittelstadt, CaseyBuffalo SabresNHL-$781,250011---53123143--
Jokiharju, HenriBuffalo SabresNHL-$781,250011---45279--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Pesce, BrettCarolina HurricanesNHL-$1,257,813011---43347--
Drury, JackCarolina HurricanesNHL-$289,063011---5381624--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$7,796,0742344673613
Change$15,624000000
Final$7,811,698 (↑)2344673613-3-18-21

Logo of the Carolina HurricanesCarolina Hurricanes

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Pesce, BrettCarolina HurricanesNHL-$1,257,813011---43347--
Drury, JackCarolina HurricanesNHL-$289,063011---5381624--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Mittelstadt, CaseyBuffalo SabresNHL-$781,250011---53123143--
Jokiharju, HenriBuffalo SabresNHL-$781,250011---45279--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,461,0912341753611
Change-$15,624000000
Final$1,445,467 (↓)234175361131821
Feb. 18 at 3:39 a.m.
Edited Feb. 18 at 3:48 a.m.
Like I say, so far from ever happening, just a thought experiment, and 100% based on Pesce for some reason extending with Buffalo smile

The Hurricanes acquire a true number two center and replace Pesce with the less effective overall but still not so bad Jokiharju, younger and with team control as an RFA.

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Jokiharju
Orlov - Chatfield

Svechnikov - Aho - Jarvis
Teravainen - Mittelstadt - Necas
Bunting - Staal - Fast
Martinook - Kotkaniemi - Noesen

The Sabres acquire D-man Pesce, who agrees to sign an extension to stay in Buffalo because I said so, and Jack Drury to play center behind Thompson and Cozens. The Sabres still have youth up front in Kulich, Savoie, Ostlund, Quinn, Peterka, Benson who have all yet to hit their real stride or even make the team yet. They may take a hit up front right now in this deal, but if Pesce extends, their D is just set, minus depth additions, perhaps still a 2RD at some point, and the forwards can settle in over the next couple of years.

Buf when healthy (I know they aren't, but it's to get a look at what they would be):

Dahlin - Pesce
Power - Clifton
Samuelsson - Johnson

Skinner - Thompson - Tuch
Peterka - Cozens - Quinn
Greenway - Drury - Benson
Krebs - Girgensons - Okposo
Feb. 18 at 11:08 a.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Considering that Mitts likely wouldn’t even be a center under Rod, Canes pass. Mitts excels offensively in an offensive system, yet his defensive awareness leaves much to be desired. Paying a steep price to set Mitts up for failure in a defensive based system is not wise. Jokiharu would be an ok stopgap, but that likely does more damage than help with Skjei likely falling off a bit without his d partner.
Feb. 19 at 12:31 a.m.
Quoting: evelutions2
Considering that Mitts likely wouldn’t even be a center under Rod, Canes pass. Mitts excels offensively in an offensive system, yet his defensive awareness leaves much to be desired. Paying a steep price to set Mitts up for failure in a defensive based system is not wise. Jokiharu would be an ok stopgap, but that likely does more damage than help with Skjei likely falling off a bit without his d partner.

Mitts isn't necessarily bad defensively, but he isn't exactly Selke worthy either. He backchecks well and is sound positional, he just doesn't have next level speed to make up for when ilhe is out of position
Feb. 19 at 12:50 a.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Quoting: penguinswin
Mitts isn't necessarily bad defensively, but he isn't exactly Selke worthy either. He backchecks well and is sound positional, he just doesn't have next level speed to make up for when ilhe is out of position

He has the same problem that Necas has. Rod wants all his centers to be above average defensively at the very least, and whilst there is flashes of brilliance defensively, it isn’t there on a consistent enough basis that he would be willing to play Necas (and then Mitts in this scenario) at center. If the Canes were going to target a center from the Sabres, it would undoubtedly be Cozens that would be their target. Unrealistic, and certainly won’t happen, but the Canes want players who fit the system they employ, even moreso down the middle. Guys like Mitts and Necas really don’t fit that bill at that well.
Augustus and penguinswin liked this.
Feb. 23 at 1:17 a.m.
Quoting: evelutions2
He has the same problem that Necas has. Rod wants all his centers to be above average defensively at the very least, and whilst there is flashes of brilliance defensively, it isn’t there on a consistent enough basis that he would be willing to play Necas (and then Mitts in this scenario) at center. If the Canes were going to target a center from the Sabres, it would undoubtedly be Cozens that would be their target. Unrealistic, and certainly won’t happen, but the Canes want players who fit the system they employ, even moreso down the middle. Guys like Mitts and Necas really don’t fit that bill at that well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS2WHLygP1Y

smile
Feb. 23 at 11:41 a.m.
Go-sabres
Quoting: Augustus
Like I say, so far from ever happening, just a thought experiment, and 100% based on Pesce for some reason extending with Buffalo smile

The Hurricanes acquire a true number two center and replace Pesce with the less effective overall but still not so bad Jokiharju, younger and with team control as an RFA.

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Jokiharju
Orlov - Chatfield

Svechnikov - Aho - Jarvis
Teravainen - Mittelstadt - Necas
Bunting - Staal - Fast
Martinook - Kotkaniemi - Noesen

The Sabres acquire D-man Pesce, who agrees to sign an extension to stay in Buffalo because I said so, and Jack Drury to play center behind Thompson and Cozens. The Sabres still have youth up front in Kulich, Savoie, Ostlund, Quinn, Peterka, Benson who have all yet to hit their real stride or even make the team yet. They may take a hit up front right now in this deal, but if Pesce extends, their D is just set, minus depth additions, perhaps still a 2RD at some point, and the forwards can settle in over the next couple of years.

Buf when healthy (I know they aren't, but it's to get a look at what they would be):

Dahlin - Pesce
Power - Clifton
Samuelsson - Johnson

Skinner - Thompson - Tuch
Peterka - Cozens - Quinn
Greenway - Drury - Benson
Krebs - Girgensons - Okposo

Carolina would probably like it better if Cozens exchanged for Mitts but no thanks from Buffalo. Pesce not the player he was last year,unfortunately for him, in a contract year. Also he apparently turned down Buffalo trade last year so sure no longer interest here. I'd rather go Roy or Montour and Larsson as in your previous trade but do appreciate your well thought out trades and careful details. I'm a fan of your trade ideas but this one a no go
Augustus liked this.
Feb. 23 at 6:36 p.m.
Quoting: BUFF742
Carolina would probably like it better if Cozens exchanged for Mitts but no thanks from Buffalo. Pesce not the player he was last year,unfortunately for him, in a contract year. Also he apparently turned down Buffalo trade last year so sure no longer interest here. I'd rather go Roy or Montour and Larsson as in your previous trade but do appreciate your well thought out trades and careful details. I'm a fan of your trade ideas but this one a no go

That's kind of you to say. I fear you must not see all of them because I do make some pretty silly proposals from time to time haha.
Feb. 23 at 6:47 p.m.
Go-sabres
That's kind of you to say. I fear you must not see all of them because I do make some pretty silly proposals from time to time haha.

Ev

Not everyone agrees on values and nobody perfect but you've shown to be well prepared,very well presented and pretty fair to all with both their best interests in mind. I dread most posts but look forward to yours. Cheers
Feb. 23 at 11:12 p.m.
Quoting: BUFF742
Ev

Not everyone agrees on values and nobody perfect but you've shown to be well prepared,very well presented and pretty fair to all with both their best interests in mind. I dread most posts but look forward to yours. Cheers

Appreciate that, cheers to you mate.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll