SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Texas Tiger

Created by: delete
Published: Feb. 26 at 11:18 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 52/192 (27%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Coleman, BlakeCalgary FlamesNHL-$1,327,083011---58232245--
Greer, AJCalgary FlamesIR50%$103,255011---476410--
Rooney, KevinCalgary FlamesNHL50%$176,041011---9101--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kakko, KaapoNew York RangersNHL-$568,750011---387411--
Rempe, MattWaivers ExemptNew York RangersNHL-$222,083011---5112--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$962,6582344654711
Change$815,5460-1-1000
Final$1,778,204 (↑)2343 (↓)64 (↓)4711-22-21-43

Logo of the New York RangersNew York Rangers

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kakko, KaapoNew York RangersNHL-$2,100,000011---387411--
Rempe, MattWaivers ExemptNew York RangersNHL-$820,000011---5112--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Coleman, BlakeCalgary FlamesNHL-$4,900,000011---58232245--
Greer, AJCalgary FlamesIR50%$381,250011---476410--
Rooney, KevinCalgary FlamesNHL50%$650,000011---9101--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$4,383,3332245633213
Change-$3,011,250011000
Final$1,372,083 (↓)2246 (↑)64 (↑)3213222143
Feb. 26 at 11:54 p.m.
Edited Feb. 28 at 1:32 a.m.
Honestly, I like it. I know the Flames will miss Coleman and his leadership, his grit, and everything else he does. But this is, indeed, a career year as a 32 year old. I like the idea of Kakko, after seeing a goal or two of his, the kid can snipe a quick, fast shot when he wants to. Let him lean on Backlund and Mangiapane to keep growing and eventually he could earn the top line spot and shine. Rempe is just entertaining, and large, and will only add to the Battle of Alberta.

I'd rather keep Greer and re-sign him if possible, if there is a spot available for him when the dust settles after the deadline and that. But it is what it is.
Feb. 27 at 8:13 a.m.
Quoting: Augustus
Honeslty, I like it. I know the Flames will miss Coleman and his leadership, his grit, and everything else he does. But this is, indeed, a career year as a 32 year old. I like the idea of Kakko, after seeing a goal or two of his, the kid can snipe a quick, fast shot when he wants to. Let him lean on Backlund and Mangiapane to keep growing and eventually he could earn the top line spot and shine. Rempe is just entertaining, and large, and will only add to the Battle of Alberta.

I'd rather keep Greer and re-sign him if possible, if there is a spot available for him when the dust settles after the deadline and that. But it is what it is.

Couldn't flames get more on a career high year with a lot of term left on the deal?
Feb. 27 at 12:12 p.m.
Quoting: H4MPU5
Couldn't flames get more on a career high year with a lot of term left on the deal?

Maybe/probably, but I'm also considering the Rangers' side. Would they give up Kakko and Rempe for a guy who might regress to his norm (excellent third line player, 30-40 pts, for the remaining three years of his deal, aged 33-35?
Feb. 27 at 10:44 p.m.
Honeslty, I like it. I know the Flames will miss Coleman and his leadership, his grit, and everything else he does. But this is, indeed, a career year as a 32 year old. I like the idea of Kakko, after seeing a goal or two of his, the kid can snipe a quick, fast shot when he wants to. Let him lean on Backlund and Mangiapane to keep growing and eventually he could earn the top line spot and shine. Rempe is just entertaining, and large, and will only add to the Battle of Alberta.

thanks i really like your comment here.
Feb. 28 at 12:25 a.m.
Edited Feb. 28 at 2:03 a.m.
Quoting: delete
thanks i really like your comment here.

First, mea culpa, didn't see until now that I misspelled honestly. I feel it is a good mix. Rempe, of course, adds to the toughness dynamic in the Pacific Division for Calgary (though so does Coleman, who just rocked McDavid the other night with a good hit), and I've always liked the idea of giving Kakko his shot here. The Rangers cover the bases with this deal too, adding to their current top six, as Coleman would obviously go there this year, and adding some depth to their bottom six with the extra NHL asset. Also adding true veteran playoff style grit (something I've read before is a need/desire for the Rangers) to replace the flashy idealistic youthful grit of Rempe. Still wishing they had better 3C but they can find that elsewhere. Decent 4th line there.. and Wheeler may return for/during the playoffs?

Cgy:

Huberdeau - Sharangovich - Kuzmenko
Zary - Kadri - Pospisil
Mangiapane - Backlund - Kakko
Hunt - Rempe - Duehr

Or new look:

Zary - Kadri - Pospisil
Huberdeau - Sharangovich - Kakko
Mangiapane - Backlund - Kuzmenko
Hunt - Rempe - Duehr

Nyr:

Kreider - Zibanejad - Lafreniere
Panarin - Trocheck - Coleman
Cuylle - Brodzinski - Vesey
Goodrow - Rooney - Greer

Nyr with Wheeler back for playoffs:

Cuylle - Vesey - Wheeler
Goodrow - Rooney - Greer

Whatever anyone thinks, and it may or may not be a very, very good thing I'll never be an actual GM (just being jokingly self-deprecating), but I would jump on this as Calgary, minus Greer if it could be done. Coleman does fit the Rangers' cup window, as it stands right now. Just overall I think a good trade.
Mar. 1 at 6:01 p.m.
Quoting: H4MPU5

im happy with Kakko and Rempe.
Mar. 2 at 9:29 p.m.
First, mea culpa, didn't see until now that I misspelled honestly. I feel it is a good mix. Rempe, of course, adds to the toughness dynamic in the Pacific Division for Calgary (though so does Coleman, who just rocked McDavid the other night with a good hit), and I've always liked the idea of giving Kakko his shot here. The Rangers cover the bases with this deal too, adding to their current top six, as Coleman would obviously go there this year, and adding some depth to their bottom six with the extra NHL asset. Also adding true veteran playoff style grit (something I've read before is a need/desire for the Rangers) to replace the flashy idealistic youthful grit of Rempe. Still wishing they had better 3C but they can find that elsewhere. Decent 4th line there.. and Wheeler may return for/during the playoffs?

Cgy:

Huberdeau - Sharangovich - Kuzmenko
Zary - Kadri - Pospisil
Mangiapane - Backlund - Kakko
Hunt - Rempe - Duehr

Or new look:

Zary - Kadri - Pospisil
Huberdeau - Sharangovich - Kakko
Mangiapane - Backlund - Kuzmenko
Hunt - Rempe - Duehr

Nyr:

Cuylle - Brodzinski - Vesey
Goodrow - Rooney - Greer

Nyr with Wheeler back for playoffs:

Cuylle - Vesey - Wheeler
Goodrow - Rooney - Greer

Whatever anyone thinks, and it may or may not be a very, very good thing I'll never be an actual GM (just being jokingly self-deprecating), but I would jump on this as Calgary, minus Greer if it could be done. Coleman does fit the Rangers' cup window, as it stands right now. Just overall I think a good trade.

im really not worried about Greer,and im doing the deal if im on both sides.
Mar. 3 at 11:21 p.m.
i love that cgy kid Rempe.
Mar. 4 at 12:52 p.m.
makes way too much sense.
Mar. 4 at 5:43 p.m.
im hearing Rooney to the Rangers,so thats a start.
Mar. 4 at 11:16 p.m.
the rangers need coleman, and the flames need to get younger.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll