Forums/Armchair-GM

STL core

Created by: Armstrongs_burner
Team: 2023-24 St. Louis Blues
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 3, 2024
Published: Mar. 3, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
TLDR- the way I see it, this is STLs core. These are the guys we should be building around

Buch- One of the most underrated 2 way wingers in the league. Elite offensive skill paired with gritty forechecks and backchecks make him one of the best players for the blues, he would be a perfect mentor for Dvorsky. Lots of rumors about him being traded but I think I speak for everyone in STL by saying we don't want to trade him. If we do the "retool" is gonna be extended by at least 2-3 years while we wait for young guys to step up. Though his haul would be massive in terms of prospects and picks.

Thomas- ELITE. he's really come into his own this season as a bona-fide shutdown 1C. Excels in basically every aspect of the game and hes still young and probably hasn't reached full potential yet. He's already among some of the best blues to ever wear the sweater in terms of offence, but he's also extremely responsible in his own zone. he should be a Selke conversations because this team would suffer without him. Proven leader, also a piece of the stanley cup team.

Kyrou- This is a weird one for some, but there's no denying this kids offensive prowess. he's shown us little bits of what he can do, and its incredible. There's a reason he got a big contract. he catches a lot of flak for not producing like an 8 million dollar player should, and they're right, he does need to produce more, but a lot of those chances he creates are chances that nobody else on this roster could. In the D zone he's either on or off and there no in-between. sometimes he's feral and all over the puck carrier, but other times he's a pylon. As he gets older I predict this laziness and attitude will greatly diminish (at least i hope so) because he can be an incredible asset, or a liability on the ice.

Neighbours- nobody expected Neighbours to be anything special, just another late 1st who will probably bounce around the league and be a bottom 6 guy, but he's proving that he can be much much more. Once he started gaining traction people said "oh he's just the next barbashev", and that's partially true, but I think he's already passed barby in terms of impact. He plays the right game and works in the dirty areas which is something this team desperately needed. Hard nosed kid with an incredible motor that plays well, and already a top 6 guy. exactly who we want our young guys to follow and emulate

Toropchenko- Much like Neighbours, nobody expected a whole lot. He was a 4th rounder so he wasn't even expected to make the NHL. but he may very well be the hardest worker in the entire franchise. This kid puts his heart and soul into every game and you can see it. he's pesky on the forecheck, works like a clydesdale in his own zone. He uses his massive frame to his advantage wherever he can, especially in the corners. He will be a staple identity player for years to come.

Walker- STL's favorite little guy., He's feisty, and doesn't let his small size hold him back. He dumped Ryan Reaves like he was nothing 2 or 3 weeks ago lol. He's not the most skilled player by any means but whenever he's called up he always finds a way to contribute. I believe he's earned his spot on the NHL roster.

Sunny- STL loves hard workers, and sunny is one of them. he was on our Stanley Cup team and he means a lot to this city. He willingly took a league minimum contract to be back here. No he's not the most skilled, and no he's not the most disciplined at times, but he always puts in a good effort and tries to give his team any kind of advantage he can.

Parayko- another Stanley Cup staple. He used to be our most anticipated young defenseman, then the injuries came. His health held him back for a while after a couple great years. This led to lots of criticism and trade rumors. but coming back this season he looks incredible. He consistently holds the leagues best off and severely limits their impact. He catches some flak for not being the most physical guy, but he's proving to be more than capable without being a wrecking ball. He's a solid top pairing guy who works night in night out. this teams D would be non existent without him.

Binnington/Hofer- Binnington gets overlooked as a top goalie in the league. He's the soul reason this team doesn't get blown out of the water most nights. He consistently makes those hard saves to keep STL in games. His antics are hated by most people but honestly, it makes things interesting! not a fan of him getting physical though. carried this team to a cup and continues to be solid for them. Perfect starter while Hofer keeps building his confidence. They're a really good tandem and if our defense was worth the money we pay them maybe they wouldn't be so underrated.

Future- after last draft the future is looking bright for STL. a lot of young raw offensive and scoring talent who dominated at the WJC and continue to dominate on their respective junior/college/minor teams.

On defense things are a little scarce, one high end LD prospect and one solid RD who made a great first impression in the NHL. Would love one or two more high end D prospects to bolster the pool.

There's also Perunovich who has SO MUCH POTENTIAL but just hasn't been able to stay healthy. He's finally become more of a regular in the NHL so he's not really a prospect anymore, he's just learning the ropes still

There are plenty of other players that I didn't add but the blues prospect pool is looking pretty strong.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$950,000
3$900,000
3$925,000
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
29$83,500,000$88,218,512$20,000$982,500-$4,718,512

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,125,000$8,125,000
C, RW
UFA - 8
$8,125,000$8,125,000
RW
UFA - 8
$835,833$835,833
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LW
RFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$550,000$550K)
C
RFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
RW, C
RFA
$852,500$852,500 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
C
RFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
C
RFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 4
$775,000$775,000
G
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD
RFA - 1
$883,750$883,750
RD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$816,667$816,667
C
RFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$3,275,000$3,275,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 4
$800,000$800,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 4 at 12:10 a.m.
I dont believe in 2-3 year retooling. And because of that, trading buch this tdl or draft, will be better for organisation.
Mar. 4 at 12:11 a.m.
Hate to break it to you but Walker, Torps, Sunny aren't part of the core. Also buchnevich won't be signed with both Thomas and Kyrou at 8mil. One has to go and since Buch is the oldest and has his contract up soon, he will be the odd guy out
Mar. 4 at 12:22 a.m.
STL Blues GM
Quoting: RClay321
Hate to break it to you but Walker, Torps, Sunny aren't part of the core. Also buchnevich won't be signed with both Thomas and Kyrou at 8mil. One has to go and since Buch is the oldest and has his contract up soon, he will be the odd guy out

walker did get signed to a 2 year one way and plays the game how coaches want you to play, not a capital C core guy but it seems like he will be one of the identity guys for a while. Torpo is almost definitely going to be a bottom 6 staple for a while. and i put sunny on here more because hes so loved by the city and the franchise, I think he plays his best hockey here and he is a part of our identity.

I agree about buch though, its likely he gets traded. but you cant argue about what he is and what he means for this organization
Mar. 5 at 2:54 a.m.
I would just like to know how we can get a 2C now. I have been recommending Zegras to this forum but Blues fans don't seem to want him. I'm not sure who else is available that would fit into the Blues' plans though. As for Buch, based on the trades in this forum, it looks like the best move for the Blues is to hold on to him even considering his less than ideal age. If Vegas panics and offers up their entire future for him, I would take it though.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll