Published: Mar. 5, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Accurate/Prorated
LTIR Enabled: Yes
Season Days: 192
Days Remaining: 44
Season Remaining: 23%
Projected Cap Hit Prior To Days Remaining Tooltip : $91,009,362
Description
DNVR Roast my Roster (Roster Rizzler edition) where we slash and burn whatever it takes to get Crosby, and this probably still isn't enough. Also featuring Jake Allen and a shortened bench because cap reasons, yeah buddy
Trades
PIT
  1. Byram, Bowen
  2. Johansen, Ryan
  3. Meyers, Ben
  4. Ritchie, Calum [Reserve List]
  5. 2024 1st round pick (COL)
  6. 2025 1st round pick (COL)
COL
  1. Allen, Jake ($1,925,000 retained)
Additional Details:
They might not want to retain this as their last contract, so imagine the two picks going to Chi or Ari to retain instead if that angers you
MTL
  1. Behrens, Sean [Reserve List]
  2. Romaine, Chris [Reserve List]
  3. 2024 4th round pick (COL)
  4. 2024 5th round pick (SEA)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$81,058,750$637,500$0$2,441,250
Prorated Cap Hit

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$4,500,000$1,031,250
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$12,600,000$2,887,500
C
NMC
UFA - 8
$9,250,000$2,119,792
RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$825,000$189,063
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$8,700,000$1,993,750
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$6,125,000$1,403,646
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$2,500,000$572,917
LW
UFA - 6
$4,000,000$916,667
C, LW
UFA - 4
$1,050,000$240,625
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$825,000$189,063
LW
UFA - 1
$775,000$177,604
RW, C
UFA - 1
$896,250$205,391
RW
RFA - 2
$825,000$189,063
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$939,583
LD
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$2,062,500
RD
UFA - 4
$3,400,000$779,167
G
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$1,145,833
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$1,031,250
RD
NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$0$0
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$775,000$177,604
LD
UFA - 1
$775,000$177,604
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$7,000,000$1,604,167
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,000,000$458,333
G
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$800,000$183,333 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$177,604 ($0$0$0$0)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$775,000$177,604 ($0$0$0$0)
G
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 5 at 10:01 a.m.
Mayo Chicken
Before you tear me apart, which I deserve, this is under the circumstance that Sid wants to leave to start the rebuild and basically only wants to go to CO to play with MacKinnon. We've seen things like that happen, and the return isn't as sky-high as we'd think. It's still high, but you know. Possible.

Also, I don't think Allen is as valuable as some think with that contract. So, I'm probably off there too.
ArakinSkywalker liked this.
Mar. 5 at 10:16 a.m.
"Go sell ice cream!"
I'd be fine with that. Should flip Byram too for a nice haul. He'll be a UFA before PIT is competitive again.
CalderMakar liked this.
Mar. 5 at 11:26 a.m.
Dr.
I would hope they're eating half crosby's cap for that much
TJTwolf liked this.
Mar. 5 at 11:27 a.m.
Not sure the Avs would be interested in JP and they'd likely try to keep Ritchie out of any trade but if that's what it took I think they might do it for Sid. Returns for Sid would be a lot lower than a lot project because in a hypothetical scenario he'd almost certainly be asking to move and have control over where he went and the Pens daren't do wrong by him. The Avs would at least want some retention in this scenario as well.

The Avs don't need Allen at his cap hit (or even at 50% retained). He's unaffordable going forward and that's a pretty big overpay.
MrLaheySays liked this.
Mar. 5 at 11:34 a.m.
"Go sell ice cream!"
Quoting: TJTwolf
Not sure the Avs would be interested in JP and they'd likely try to keep Ritchie out of any trade but if that's what it took I think they might do it for Sid. Returns for Sid would be a lot lower than a lot project because in a hypothetical scenario he'd almost certainly be asking to move and have control over where he went and the Pens daren't do wrong by him. The Avs would at least want some retention in this scenario as well.

The Avs don't need Allen at his cap hit (or even at 50% retained). He's unaffordable going forward and that's a pretty big overpay.

Could be true. Though I could also see Crosby being open to several different contenders in which case the bidding then goes up.
TJTwolf liked this.
Mar. 5 at 11:46 a.m.
Quoting: jfkst1
Could be true. Though I could also see Crosby being open to several different contenders in which case the bidding then goes up.

Absolutely possible but most legitimate contenders won't have that many assets (and also cap space) they're willing to give up in a bidding war, even for Sid. Still a great player (and should always be remembered as when he retires) but he's now late 30's. I don't doubt that with luck he could go to 40 if he chooses, possibly even beyond, but the fact still remains his age will also likely bring the cost down. He's no longer prime age Sid. I think he'd still fetch a pretty good haul IF (big if) the Pens decided to move him but I think some will be very disappointed from some of the wild returns expected on here. The Pens biggest issue might be whether their fans can buy into the inevitable rebuild and still turn out to watch a losing team once Sid, Malkin, Letang et al are gone as you'd have to think they'd all be going in a full tear down if any one of them goes (especially Sid).
Mar. 5 at 12:01 p.m.
"Go sell ice cream!"
Absolutely possible but most legitimate contenders won't have that many assets (and also cap space) they're willing to give up in a bidding war, even for Sid. Still a great player (and should always be remembered as when he retires) but he's now late 30's. I don't doubt that with luck he could go to 40 if he chooses, possibly even beyond, but the fact still remains his age will also likely bring the cost down. He's no longer prime age Sid. I think he'd still fetch a pretty good haul IF (big if) the Pens decided to move him but I think some will be very disappointed from some of the wild returns expected on here. The Pens biggest issue might be whether their fans can buy into the inevitable rebuild and still turn out to watch a losing team once Sid, Malkin, Letang et al are gone as you'd have to think they'd all be going in a full tear down if any one of them goes (especially Sid).

They all have full NMCs so it'll depend on what they want. Not even sure FSG is willing to move any of them unless the players requested it themselves. Fans are well aware of how spoiled they have been so as long as it is not many years of mediocrity without a clear rebuild intention, then I think the fan base will be fine. The concern is that they continue to be mediocre for the next four+ years until the core is all gone.
TJTwolf liked this.
Mar. 5 at 12:36 p.m.
SunnyvaleSamsquanche
Please keep Callum Ritchie off the table. I think he was the hidden gem of the draft. his numbers right now are nuts, and could have a very bright future
TJTwolf liked this.
Mar. 6 at 9:45 a.m.
Mayo Chicken
Quoting: ArakinSkywalker
I would hope they're eating half crosby's cap for that much

They are, by taking RyJo

JP is just a body, he's a contract to make things even out. And there's been talk CO has been interested in the past, and more Finns more Wins. Honestly you can make that whoever in your mind. I'd LOVE to keep Ritchie, but I think his value is too high right now to not use him in this. If they're willing to let go of either him or a first, I'm down with swapping another prospect like JLF or Behrens. Personally I think you want Allen or MAF as a mentor-backup to Georgiev and Annunen this year and maybe the next and this gets that. The price is prob high, but its to get him retained for two years.
Mar. 6 at 10:29 a.m.
Edited Mar. 6 at 12:11 p.m.
Quoting: CalderMakar
They are, by taking RyJo

JP is just a body, he's a contract to make things even out. And there's been talk CO has been interested in the past, and more Finns more Wins. Honestly you can make that whoever in your mind. I'd LOVE to keep Ritchie, but I think his value is too high right now to not use him in this. If they're willing to let go of either him or a first, I'm down with swapping another prospect like JLF or Behrens. Personally I think you want Allen or MAF as a mentor-backup to Georgiev and Annunen this year and maybe the next and this gets that. The price is prob high, but its to get him retained for two years.

I mean sure JP is the kind of reclamation project they might look at I guess but it seems like another contract they have to fit that they probably don't need.

Personally, if I could get the Pens to take the '26 first and Behrens or JLF over Ritchie I'd do that.

Allen is simply an overpay, not that good and unaffordable going forward to my mind even with retention. The Avs realistically have a max of 1.5 to spend on a back up G next year, preferably less, part of why I prefer Raanta as a target, as he's on that now and would probably re-sign for it (or less) and isn't going to displace Georgie but gives good cover and being a Finn will be a good example to learn from for Annunen too. MAF likely won't be available or is retired but who knows, he might consider one last rodeo with Sid. All depends on cost but I'd only consider that as a free agency move and again, probably costs too much against the cap.
CalderMakar liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll