$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$1,600,000$1,600,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$883,750$883,750
C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 4
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$825,000$825,000
LW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 5 at 5:36 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: jfkst1
He's played like an average 3C all year on two different teams now. I wouldn't sign him to more than a one year deal, but anyone willing to gamble on him deserves whatever comes. I just view him as a perfect example of a player that gets way overvalued by the eye test people when all the data is screaming age decline.

ya, the data can kick rocks (it usually can in this game). the eye test is showing what sort of player he is. that said, i think its more of an instance of he played with a couple mutants for a few years, and reaped the benefits.
Mar. 5 at 9:32 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: Bcarlo25
right on schedule for the, "you disagree with me in a logical way....HOMER!"

here's the leverage: keep him. done.

lets start off with the basics here. deadline rentals don't get a first with a teams top two prospects. ever. disagree? give me one comparable. lets save some time though and just both agree that conceptually, that just does not happen in the NHL because it does not happen in the NHL.

now lets move onto this situation. vancouver wants to do something. they can't do it without boston, or some other team bailing them out of their mistake. Boston, and every other team has watched lindholm absolutely stink up the joint to the point where they are allegedly desperate to get rid of him. Here's how these sitautions tend to work: teams present vancouver with a lowball final offer, and walk away. If vancouver wants to go get guentzel, they take the deal. if they don't, they keep lindholm. Fin.

oh, and boston is doing just fine with the centers they have.....and lindholm is currently playing worse than all of them. and first round picks have value. weird that you don't know that.

BOS doesn't have the choice of just do nothing.
NO matter how you look at it they need a top 6 center. You aren't going to find one just laying around.
So go on with that.
Your over here acting like a late 1st is some huge prize to give away. That is so sad.
No GM is going to let a late 1st be the thing that stops them from getting a 2C. None.
Mar. 5 at 11:32 p.m.
Ruth used Lindholm as a negotiation tactic to get Pety to sign for a reasonable amount
Mar. 6 at 8:12 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
BOS doesn't have the choice of just do nothing.
NO matter how you look at it they need a top 6 center. You aren't going to find one just laying around.
So go on with that.
Your over here acting like a late 1st is some huge prize to give away. That is so sad.
No GM is going to let a late 1st be the thing that stops them from getting a 2C. None.

they are second in the NHL in points, they don't need a center. They have already shown they won't overbid on the player. why would they after all leverage has been removed from the situation?
Mar. 6 at 7:28 p.m.
SkateOrDie
they are second in the NHL in points, they don't need a center. They have already shown they won't overbid on the player. why would they after all leverage has been removed from the situation?

No matter how you look at it, BOS needs a top 6 center. They aren't finding one. They will pay to get one.
Mar. 6 at 8:13 p.m.
Bcarlo25
No matter how you look at it, BOS needs a top 6 center. They aren't finding one. They will pay to get one.

no. there are plenty of other ways to look at it. i just illustrated one of them.

I think they need a fourth line center more than a top six center.

There are two pieces of evidence we have that can't be argued. The first is that Boston was unwilling to match or beat vancouver's offer for lindholm at the time of his trade. the second is that lindholm has sucked in vancouver. Can we work with that?
Mar. 6 at 8:20 p.m.
Quoting: Prime_Jimbo
Nobody is giving up two firsts, a second and a good prospect for Guentzel. Absolutely not. Canucks would be fine to stop with the Boston trade.

The Penguins would welcome the opportunity not to do business.
Mar. 6 at 8:22 p.m.
SkateOrDie
no. there are plenty of other ways to look at it. i just illustrated one of them.

I think they need a fourth line center more than a top six center.

There are two pieces of evidence we have that can't be argued. The first is that Boston was unwilling to match or beat vancouver's offer for lindholm at the time of his trade. the second is that lindholm has sucked in vancouver. Can we work with that?

BOS didn't have the pieces to win the trade and were out bid.
The very fact they were in on Lindholm to start tells you what they think does it not?

They need a top 6 center. They don't grow on trees.
Mar. 6 at 8:29 p.m.
Bcarlo25
BOS didn't have the pieces to win the trade and were out bid.
The very fact they were in on Lindholm to start tells you what they think does it not?

They need a top 6 center. They don't grow on trees.

that old chestnut. didn't have the pieces. every team in the NHL had the pieces to beat out calgary on that trade.

why do they need a top six center?
Mar. 6 at 8:38 p.m.
SkateOrDie
that old chestnut. didn't have the pieces. every team in the NHL had the pieces to beat out calgary on that trade.

why do they need a top six center?

You should ask the BOS front office that, after all they are chasing them.
It's just my responsibility to explain basic things to you. I mean honestly, maybe ask the BOS fan base, they keep trading for them as well.
The homerism is strong in you. It's like a TOR fan asking why TOR needs defense. But at least they realize their need.
Mar. 6 at 8:56 p.m.
Bcarlo25
You should ask the BOS front office that, after all they are chasing them.
It's just my responsibility to explain basic things to you. I mean honestly, maybe ask the BOS fan base, they keep trading for them as well.
The homerism is strong in you. It's like a TOR fan asking why TOR needs defense. But at least they realize their need.

do you know don sweeney personally, or are you just guessing?
who cares what bruins fans think? they're mostly reactionary fools.

ahhh yes, you've gone two for two with the, "i don't have a true argument so i'm just going to use some regurgitated line." this time it's homer. notice, I haven't once ventured an opinion on the value of any of the boston assets that could go in trade. i haven't ventured an opinion on anything regarding the bruins assets in this thread come to think of it. what i've done is list some objective facts (the one subjective opinion i have ventured is that lindholm has stunk in vancouver, but we can all agree on that one i think).

you've stated that the bruins need a top six center. i asked why and you don't have an answer.
you've stated that the bruins dont have the option to do nothing. i've asked why and you don't have an answer.
you've indicated the bruins are going to have to pay up for lindholm. i've asked why and you don't have an answer.

all i've entered is objective fact and you resort to name calling. do better.
Mar. 6 at 9:08 p.m.
SkateOrDie
do you know don sweeney personally, or are you just guessing?
who cares what bruins fans think? they're mostly reactionary fools.

ahhh yes, you've gone two for two with the, "i don't have a true argument so i'm just going to use some regurgitated line." this time it's homer. notice, I haven't once ventured an opinion on the value of any of the boston assets that could go in trade. i haven't ventured an opinion on anything regarding the bruins assets in this thread come to think of it. what i've done is list some objective facts (the one subjective opinion i have ventured is that lindholm has stunk in vancouver, but we can all agree on that one i think).

you've stated that the bruins need a top six center. i asked why and you don't have an answer.
you've stated that the bruins dont have the option to do nothing. i've asked why and you don't have an answer.
you've indicated the bruins are going to have to pay up for lindholm. i've asked why and you don't have an answer.

all i've entered is objective fact and you resort to name calling. do better.

"you've stated that the bruins need a top six center. i asked why and you don't have an answer."

This is like asking someone to prove the sun is yellow. FFS the front office is repeatedly trying to trading for centers to play in the top 6 and you still can't recognize the need? I mean really there isn't anything to say to people who act that way.

"you've stated that the bruins dont have the option to do nothing. i've asked why and you don't have an answer."

Actually I have stated this, because where else are you getting one, they don't grow on trees. But you refuse to recognize that just as much as you refuse to recognize the need and the front office repeatedly trying to fill the need. So again, not much to really discuss here now is there. I don't really need to argue with a brick wall with no common sense.

"you've indicated the bruins are going to have to pay up for lindholm. i've asked why and you don't have an answer."

Because you have to give to get in trading, that's how it works. BOS wants to fill their need, and they will pay to do that, just like every other team pays to fill their needs when they make a trade duh!
Mar. 6 at 9:14 p.m.
Bcarlo25
"you've stated that the bruins need a top six center. i asked why and you don't have an answer."

This is like asking someone to prove the sun is yellow. FFS the front office is repeatedly trying to trading for centers to play in the top 6 and you still can't recognize the need? I mean really there isn't anything to say to people who act that way.

"you've stated that the bruins dont have the option to do nothing. i've asked why and you don't have an answer."

Actually I have stated this, because where else are you getting one, they don't grow on trees. But you refuse to recognize that just as much as you refuse to recognize the need and the front office repeatedly trying to fill the need. So again, not much to really discuss here now is there. I don't really need to argue with a brick wall with no common sense.

"you've indicated the bruins are going to have to pay up for lindholm. i've asked why and you don't have an answer."

Because you have to give to get in trading, that's how it works. BOS wants to fill their need, and they will pay to do that, just like every other team pays to fill their needs when they make a trade duh!

buddy, there's one really key piece to this puzzle that you're apparently missing. want me to let you in on a little secret?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll