LW, C
UFA
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 3
$896,250$896,250 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
RW
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA
$775,000$775,000
C, LW
UFA
$1,050,000$1,050,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,250,000$7,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD/RD
UFA
$800,000$800,000
G
RFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 14 at 11:53 p.m.
Quoting: TJTwolf
Big, tough, defensive, physical and nasty are the terms I've usually read described on here and elsewhere for what the Sabres need to add at RD. Young is the only part that doesn't fit with Manson, and finding all those attributes and young as well is a rarity these days. So yeah a young clone of Manson seems to be what most have had in mind.

Yeah, there’s clowns on here that still think we need to play hockey like it’s the 70s
But in real life, our GM clearly doesn’t

So if u wanna go by what u see on here, that’s cool i guess
But I’m gonna stick with reality

We aren’t gonna give up a valuable pick for an old defenseman,
not unless it’s a “last resort” type move
Mar. 15 at 12:23 a.m.
Edited Mar. 15 at 12:29 a.m.
Quoting: AntiAnalytics
The situation changed
U don’t believe me, that’s fine, idc

So no evidence to prove to the contrary then? Yep, in that case I will believe the evidence that indicates otherwise. Think it's about time you just owned being wrong about it. But.... you do you and double down on being wrong if you wish!
Mar. 15 at 12:25 a.m.
Edited Mar. 15 at 12:34 a.m.
Yeah, there’s clowns on here that still think we need to play hockey like it’s the 70s
But in real life, our GM clearly doesn’t

So if u wanna go by what u see on here, that’s cool i guess
But I’m gonna stick with reality

We aren’t gonna give up a valuable pick for an old defenseman,
not unless it’s a “last resort” type move

It's not being a clown to think you still need some grit and sandpaper even in today's game.

Same reality that Mitts doesn't get traded in and contract offers are made that there's no evidence for? I am so gonna laugh if Manson ends up in Buffalo now.
Lenny54 liked this.
Mar. 15 at 1:08 a.m.
Quoting: TJTwolf
It's not being a clown to think you still need some grit and sandpaper even in today's game.

Same reality that Mitts doesn't get traded in and contract offers are made that there's no evidence for? I am so gonna laugh if Manson ends up in Buffalo now.

Whatever u say Avs fan
Enjoy the big contract Mitts wants & having to rework your team to make him fit

We aren’t gonna help ya though
Find someone else to take the old guy u don’t want anymore
Sorry, but that won’t be us
Mar. 15 at 7:31 a.m.
Whatever u say Avs fan
Enjoy the big contract Mitts wants & having to rework your team to make him fit

We aren’t gonna help ya though
Find someone else to take the old guy u don’t want anymore
Sorry, but that won’t be us

Don't think it's a matter of helping Colorado as it is helping the Sabres...as Adams has said if it makes sense for the Sabres he's willing to make a trade. Adams was willing to sign Johnson bc of his experience and to help school the young guys so what would stop him from trading for Manson if the price is right? I'm not willing to throw a first out the door but a 2nd isn't going to set the Sabres back.

It's not going back to the 70's but look at how many teams muscled up, Colorado-Trenin, NJ-McDermid, NYR-Rempe, Toronto-Reaves, Boston-Maroon, Fla-Gadjovich...it's about protecting your skilled players. My god Benson has taken a beating this year, teams run at Dahlin. Manson isn't a knuckle dragger...he's a legit top 4 RHD that has some snarl to him. Do you like seeing a Cernak elbow Cozens in the mush after the play was over or a few games ago pin Benson to the ice and then cross check him back down again. To be honest I'd give Columbus a 5th for Olivier and play him against teams like TB.

You keep stressing youth but when your oldest defenceman is 28 we have a ton of youth on the blueline...show me one team that is playoff bound with all young players in the line-up. You need veteran leadership in all areas. We have none on this team besides Tuch and Greenway who has seen the playoffs. Again it's a 2 yr deal that would be easy to trade if need be.
TJTwolf liked this.
Mar. 15 at 8:03 a.m.
The situation changed
U don’t believe me, that’s fine, idc

I don't believe this for one second bc look at what Adams did after both Thompson and Cozens had big years he went and signed them long term, Mitts turned the corner last year and he wasn't offered a long term contract...I'll keep saying it, it's the same situation as Reinhart and string him along as long as you can then trade him while the value is there.
Adams also knows he has young players coming up so Mitts was expendable, that's also why he was looking to trade for a veteran center plus moving Krebs up to see if he can handle the 3C role. He also stated this trade started weeks before it came off.

I'm sure the cap came into play also...think about it, pay a premium for a 3rd line center or a top 2 D.

I've been hard on Adams but I'll give him credit where credit is due.

A side note...insiders say Mitts is in trade rumors, when all said Mitts wasn't available I said where there's smoke there's fire, until he signs on the dotted line he can be traded.
I'm not saying I'm smart but the insiders know and hear more than me or us and when that came out you know somethings up.
TJTwolf liked this.
Mar. 15 at 3:44 p.m.
Quoting: Lenny54
I don't believe this for one second bc look at what Adams did after both Thompson and Cozens had big years he went and signed them long term, Mitts turned the corner last year and he wasn't offered a long term contract...I'll keep saying it, it's the same situation as Reinhart and string him along as long as you can then trade him while the value is there.
Adams also knows he has young players coming up so Mitts was expendable, that's also why he was looking to trade for a veteran center plus moving Krebs up to see if he can handle the 3C role. He also stated this trade started weeks before it came off.

I'm sure the cap came into play also...think about it, pay a premium for a 3rd line center or a top 2 D.

I've been hard on Adams but I'll give him credit where credit is due.

A side note...insiders say Mitts is in trade rumors, when all said Mitts wasn't available I said where there's smoke there's fire, until he signs on the dotted line he can be traded.
I'm not saying I'm smart but the insiders know and hear more than me or us and when that came out you know somethings up.

Peters isn’t an “insider”
He just makes crap up that sounds good- like how we were signing Pat Kane to a multi year deal

And Mitts wasn’t traded for a goalie, like he was supposedly being “shopped for”

Adams tried to sign Mitts to a bridge deal
Mitts wanted big $$ for long term, so Adams decided to trade him bc a $7mil 3C would’ve limited our Cap Space w Quinn & Peterka (and others) coming up

If Mitts would’ve been ok with a bridge deal, he’d have gone nowhere- but he demanded the Tage/Cozens deal, so he was traded
Mar. 15 at 3:49 p.m.
Don't think it's a matter of helping Colorado as it is helping the Sabres...as Adams has said if it makes sense for the Sabres he's willing to make a trade. Adams was willing to sign Johnson bc of his experience and to help school the young guys so what would stop him from trading for Manson if the price is right? I'm not willing to throw a first out the door but a 2nd isn't going to set the Sabres back.

It's not going back to the 70's but look at how many teams muscled up, Colorado-Trenin, NJ-McDermid, NYR-Rempe, Toronto-Reaves, Boston-Maroon, Fla-Gadjovich...it's about protecting your skilled players. My god Benson has taken a beating this year, teams run at Dahlin. Manson isn't a knuckle dragger...he's a legit top 4 RHD that has some snarl to him. Do you like seeing a Cernak elbow Cozens in the mush after the play was over or a few games ago pin Benson to the ice and then cross check him back down again. To be honest I'd give Columbus a 5th for Olivier and play him against teams like TB.

You keep stressing youth but when your oldest defenceman is 28 we have a ton of youth on the blueline...show me one team that is playoff bound with all young players in the line-up. You need veteran leadership in all areas. We have none on this team besides Tuch and Greenway who has seen the playoffs. Again it's a 2 yr deal that would be easy to trade if need be.

It’s not gonna happen
And I’m not gonna waste time debating you about it
He’s too old to fit our timeline

That doesn’t mean a player need to be 23 to be attractive to us,
but 33, that’s too old
Mar. 15 at 6:01 p.m.
Peters isn’t an “insider”
He just makes crap up that sounds good- like how we were signing Pat Kane to a multi year deal

And Mitts wasn’t traded for a goalie, like he was supposedly being “shopped for”

Adams tried to sign Mitts to a bridge deal
Mitts wanted big $$ for long term, so Adams decided to trade him bc a $7mil 3C would’ve limited our Cap Space w Quinn & Peterka (and others) coming up

If Mitts would’ve been ok with a bridge deal, he’d have gone nowhere- but he demanded the Tage/Cozens deal, so he was traded

It wasn't Peters
I'm talkin the boys from Canada
Mar. 15 at 6:23 p.m.
It wasn't Peters
I'm talkin the boys from Canada

First i heard of anything involving Mitts was from Peters lying a$$
After that, Friedman, etc started saying some generic stuff
It was all predicted on Peters BS

Adams changed his mind (supposedly- i don’t have proof, but it makes sense) when Mitts wouldn’t sign a bridge deal & wanted a Tage/Cozens contract
At that point (again, supposedly) Adams decided to trade him bc a big $$$ (long term) deal would’ve stressed our Cap too much
Again, no proof, but that all makes sense to me

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll