Forums/Armchair-GM

Poll Is Kaapo worth a top 10 pick yes or no

Created by: ChiHawk
Team: 2024-25 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 24, 2024
Published: Mar. 24, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Question - Is Kaapo Kakko worth a top 10 pick?

Hawks will have a top 10 pick in 2025, trade happens during the summer, so this is theoretical for a specific Rangers fan as to whether KK is worth a top 10 pick or not, please vote. This year, his 5th season, he's posting his worst ppg (.28) of his career.
Trades
CHI
  1. Kakko, Kaapo [RFA Rights]
NYR
  1. 2025 1st round pick (CHI)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
12$87,500,000$49,226,667$0$5,775,000$38,273,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,250,000$4,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
C
RFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$912,500$912,500 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
LD
RFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,250,000$4,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 1
$962,500$962,500
G
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Is Kaapo worth a 2025 top 10 pick
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 25 at 7:59 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
NYR1983

And there you go

Precisely! Somehow other CHI fans understand that NYR wouldn’t move him regardless. Other NYR have pointed out that he wouldn’t be moved. You seem to be lost in a value argument while it has nothing to do with value. I don’t think you can comprehend that
Mar. 25 at 9:58 a.m.
Quoting: NYR1983
Precisely! Somehow other CHI fans understand that NYR wouldn’t move him regardless. Other NYR have pointed out that he wouldn’t be moved. You seem to be lost in a value argument while it has nothing to do with value. I don’t think you can comprehend that

1 fan of Chicago said this, a couple NYR fans said this as expected. However, not the point, the point is everyone agrees he's not worth a top 10 pick, and over half believe not even a first rounder with fans of multiple teams chiming in that point. Not sure how you can't comprehend his value is not what you think it is.
Mar. 25 at 11:43 a.m.
1 fan of Chicago said this, a couple NYR fans said this as expected. However, not the point, the point is everyone agrees he's not worth a top 10 pick, and over half believe not even a first rounder with fans of multiple teams chiming in that point. Not sure how you can't comprehend his value is not what you think it is.

You really aren’t good at reading,… I have never once said his value was more or even a 1st. I’ve said that drury has made it clear that this is his position not mine. I’ve given examples that you seem to be struggling with. There’s 0.01% chance of a Kakko trade. Now listen carefully, 31/32 GMs won’t pay that price tag and 1/32 GMs values him more than that price tag…. Capiche?!?!
Mar. 25 at 12:00 p.m.
You really aren’t good at reading,… I have never once said his value was more or even a 1st. I’ve said that drury has made it clear that this is his position not mine. I’ve given examples that you seem to be struggling with. There’s 0.01% chance of a Kakko trade. Now listen carefully, 31/32 GMs won’t pay that price tag and 1/32 GMs values him more than that price tag…. Capiche?!?!

"If you want to make the argument for him saying yes to a top 10 pick them make an acgm with that being the offer". - NYR1983

LMAO You listen carefully as you're not good at reading comprehension. Drury NEVER made anything clear...YOU ARE GUESSING! What is clear is Drury would be an idiot to pass up on a top 10 with 90% of the people responding saying he's worth nowhere near that. Why? A GM's job is asset management in terms of value. A top 10 pick is a better asset than Kaapo which Drury can in turn use to improve the team versus trading or keeping Kaapo so he would be a bad GM (I don't believe he is) to pass up on a top 10 pick...Capiche?!?!

Don't worry, it's never happening but stop pretending you know what Drury is thinking behind the scenes or making up that he's made anything clear. No GM shows their cards to the market and even when you think they are (which Drury never said), they are always working strategy.
Mar. 25 at 12:58 p.m.
"If you want to make the argument for him saying yes to a top 10 pick them make an acgm with that being the offer". - NYR1983

LMAO You listen carefully as you're not good at reading comprehension. Drury NEVER made anything clear...YOU ARE GUESSING! What is clear is Drury would be an idiot to pass up on a top 10 with 90% of the people responding saying he's worth nowhere near that. Why? A GM's job is asset management in terms of value. A top 10 pick is a better asset than Kaapo which Drury can in turn use to improve the team versus trading or keeping Kaapo so he would be a bad GM (I don't believe he is) to pass up on a top 10 pick...Capiche?!?!

Don't worry, it's never happening but stop pretending you know what Drury is thinking behind the scenes or making up that he's made anything clear. No GM shows their cards to the market and even when you think they are (which Drury never said), they are always working strategy.

At no point in that sentence am I saying that’s his value. 🤨. Drury is still saying no. Fans on here are welcome to different opinions but it doesn’t change the fact that I’m telling you in the most “simp” form that it’s a no from drury.. and you still aren’t connecting dots. I haven’t argued a specific value for Kakko, because it’s moot. Regardless of what you or I or 31 GMs say his value is, Drury is well above it
Mar. 25 at 1:09 p.m.
At no point in that sentence am I saying that’s his value. 🤨. Drury is still saying no. Fans on here are welcome to different opinions but it doesn’t change the fact that I’m telling you in the most “simp” form that it’s a no from drury.. and you still aren’t connecting dots. I haven’t argued a specific value for Kakko, because it’s moot. Regardless of what you or I or 31 GMs say his value is, Drury is well above it

Nobody knows what Drury is thinking...NOBODY. Unless you have the batphone with him, which you clearly don't. His only job is to improve asset values to improve the team full stop. A top 10 pick or even a 1st rounder could easily be viewed by Drury as a more valuable asset to land an upgrade to Kaapo and if he is offered that, views it as such, he 100% does it. That's it, that's the only point worth us debating is what is the relative asset value of Kaapo as you, I or anyone else here has zero idea if Drury what Drury is actually thinking. Just stop pretending you have some insider scoup.
Mar. 25 at 1:45 p.m.
Nobody knows what Drury is thinking...NOBODY. Unless you have the batphone with him, which you clearly don't. His only job is to improve asset values to improve the team full stop. A top 10 pick or even a 1st rounder could easily be viewed by Drury as a more valuable asset to land an upgrade to Kaapo and if he is offered that, views it as such, he 100% does it. That's it, that's the only point worth us debating is what is the relative asset value of Kaapo as you, I or anyone else here has zero idea if Drury what Drury is actually thinking. Just stop pretending you have some insider scoup.

He’s actually been very clear with his intentions so you’re wrong about that. In fact you’re wrong about what other GMs (real ones) value Kakko at.

ANA offered a vatrano and Henrique deal where Kakko was the main piece going back. So tell me what you value those 2 at because Ana fans would say 2-3 1sts.

PIT moved guentzel for what package?? Again, Kakko and a 1st and 2nd was the Pit ask and drury said no. So bunting, 2 prospects that were 2nd round picks, conditional 2nd>1st round pick and then some. So Kakko is essentially valued by PIt at Bunting, 2nd, and then some.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit