Forums/Armchair-GM

Atlantic - way too early predictions 2024-25

Created by: MitchJr
Team: 2024-25 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 7, 2024
Published: Apr. 7, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Panthers, Bruins and Leafs battle it out (again) for top 3 spots. Leafs are the only team not likely to lose a core piece (Bruins trade a goalie & Panthers lose Montour or Reinhart) , so they take top spot but it’ll be a toss up. Tampa won’t go away - they’re getting older but their top players are still legit & elite. Battle between Wings & Sabres for 2nd (potential) wild card but I give the nod to Sabres due to cap room (they can add more easily @ TDL). Habs still building - will be a force but not for a few years; SENs need major reset imo.
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
13$87,700,000$124,701,571$0$0-$37,001,571
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$13,250,000$13,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$11,250,000$11,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$7,142,857$7,142,857
C
M-NTC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$11,000,000$11,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 8
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NTC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 6
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$8,205,714$8,205,714
LW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 7 at 2:32 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Just curious how Boston drops to 3rd.

Panthers and Toronto don’t even have enough cap to bring all their big names back.

Panthers kinda get to choose between Reinhart and montour or they sacrifice all their depth.

Bruins have just over 20 mill in cap this off-season with only really swayman to resign I feel they let debrusk walk. Ullmark is another name that could be moved at the draft so bump that up to 25ish mill, Bruins have a lot of money to improve their squad aswell as expected increase in development in young guys like lysell/ lohrei/ poitras
Apr. 7 at 2:52 p.m.
Quoting: Dekes
Just curious how Boston drops to 3rd.

Panthers and Toronto don’t even have enough cap to bring all their big names back.

Panthers kinda get to choose between Reinhart and montour or they sacrifice all their depth.

Bruins have just over 20 mill in cap this off-season with only really swayman to resign I feel they let debrusk walk. Ullmark is another name that could be moved at the draft so bump that up to 25ish mill, Bruins have a lot of money to improve their squad aswell as expected increase in development in young guys like lysell/ lohrei/ poitras

I wrote tossup between the top 3 so 🤷🏻. Leafs core is signed so not sure what you mean.
Both teams have about same cap space - once you account for Swayman who is due a big raise .
Dekes liked this.
Apr. 7 at 5:45 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: MitchJr
I wrote tossup between the top 3 so 🤷🏻. Leafs core is signed so not sure what you mean.
Both teams have about same cap space - once you account for Swayman who is due a big raise .

By big names I should have said depth for leaf’s which leaf’s have struggled to have consistent ones.

Both teams may have similar cap im pretty sure B’s still have quite a bit more but anyways, Toronto has a lot more holes to fix. Bruins only real need is a true 1C or a top tier winger that could make up for coyle and Zacha being 2Cs, they could easily do that with Guentzel/ Reinhart/ Lindholm. leaf’s desperately need a more consistent goalie, they still lack a top tier defence and they need more scoring from their depth.
Apr. 7 at 6:12 p.m.
Quoting: Dekes
By big names I should have said depth for leaf’s which leaf’s have struggled to have consistent ones.

Both teams may have similar cap im pretty sure B’s still have quite a bit more but anyways, Toronto has a lot more holes to fix. Bruins only real need is a true 1C or a top tier winger that could make up for coyle and Zacha being 2Cs, they could easily do that with Guentzel/ Reinhart/ Lindholm. leaf’s desperately need a more consistent goalie, they still lack a top tier defence and they need more scoring from their depth.

Everyone entitled to their opinion and appreciate your feedback; I don’t know the bruins well and won’t comment on what they need (I guess that didn’t stop you from telling me what the leafs need but 🤷🏻), from a simple cap perspective:
1/ assume Leafs sign RFA deals for Robertson & Dewar ($1.25M each) & have Quillan (college FA) as their 13th forward , they have $16M left to sign 4 spots - 3RHD (Liligren is an RFA) & 1B goalie to Woll.
2/ bruins - assuming they sign Swayman to $6M deal (seems to be consensus amongst Bruins fans), you’ll have $15.8M to sign 4 spots - 3 x top 9 forwards and a Dman.
Of course trades could change everything, but situations are pretty similar.
Leafs did struggle with goaltending (Sammy’s form in 1st half & Woll with injury) & Bruins got best goaltending in league. Difficult to repeat same next year but 🤷🏻; I’m pretty comfortable where the Leafs are at.
I think it’ll be the same 3 battling it out for Atlantic
Dekes liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll