Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Quick Assessment
- Logan makes an effort to Come back

NHL Assignments Post Camp
- Gush - Time for Gush to prove himself
- Bords - Starting to prove himself right now, got some upside here
- Muk - Same boat as Gush time to prove himself
- Graf - Came here to play in the show, looked good in the St. Louis game, going to be fun to watch him
- Chmelevski - not saying he is Nichushkin, but dude is lighting it up in the KHL, why not call him back if he wants to come back? Perfect temporary 3C.

AHL/Minor/other league Assignments
- Smith - Why the rush? Lets get him to dominate in a mens league, we know he's going to be a great player, no need to burn a year of his ELC when he is 19, Look at Eklund for example, Sharks seem to play the Long game with development
- Bystedt - Same boat as Smith, I think this guy has some great upside
- Edstrom - Still a young kid, let him continue to develop, Would like him in the USA but if he's in the SHL so be it
- SJS 2024 Pick - AHL or their respective League, you can make a case for the NHL if we land the 1OA pick, but same boat as smith, why the rush?
- Musty - someone said he can't play in the AHL - is that true? Would LOVE Him to play some pro hockey, I think he has some serious serious potential
- Thompson - maybe get a call up at some point if Emberson does not continue his play?

Unknowns/other thoughts
- Cardwell - call up?
- Emberson - Played great when before he was injured, can he keep that up?
- Addison - Had some serious upside when he was in Minnesota, I read an article about him, seemed like he took the trade really hard, and did not want to come to San Jose at all. Struggles in the defensive zone, I don't really like his play, but mental game is real, and if he does not like playing here, he won't play well. I really feel like he has some upside, so I do not know what to do with him.
- Thompson - when will he be ready?
- Zadina - I'm just not a huge fan, will he slot back in?

Bordeleau vs Gushchin - Two players that in my eyes are very similar. Similarish numbers in the AHL, will both most likely play on the NHL team next year. On the team Grier is most likely trying to build, I think they are a good 3rd line winger. I don't know if there will be room for both, so will be an interesting year or two for them.

Left Defense Jam - Same thing. Thrun is most likely a good third pairing guy, but Muk could end up being a 2nd pairing guy if he reaches his potential. Ferraro on the other hand is not a top pairing defensemen most likely on a successful team.

UFA moves/Trades
- Grabbed roy, kind of a placeholder for a top 4 dman, but I think this kind of move makes sense.
- Take a cap dump for a first, we have the space, why not
- Overpaid on Kunin to hit is QO just because we have the space, guys seem to like him, fights, gritty 3rd/4th line guy, Wears an A, whatever.
- I did not feel the need to grab a top 9 forward. Yes, this forward core is not a winning forward core, but it is a very young core. I don't think that it makes sense to go out and grab and overpay a few okay, aging UFAs when we can go ahead and give our young guys a chance. - THIS IS ASSUMING COUTURE COMES BACK. If he does not I would go after a guy like Roslovic as a stopgap for smith and company.

Overall
- Hopefully Eklund can go ahead and make another step, just looking better and better, he has looked like a different player this second half of the season, and It is so fun to see. Same with bords and Zetterlund. Granlund has been great all year. Hopefully Couture can be somewhat himself.
- Most likely have a similarish record to this year, and land another top 5 pick, start the big trend upwards next year

Needs
- need another elite F and D prospect - hopefully can solve in the next 2 drafts
- Sell Sturm, Rutta, blackwood/vanecek, granlund at deadline
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$950,000
1$950,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$950,000
2$1,550,000
1$950,000
1$3,000,000
1$1,250,000
1$950,000
1$950,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$950,000
1$950,000
6$6,500,000
Trades
SJS
  1. Campbell, Jack
  2. 2024 5th round pick (EDM)
  3. 2025 1st round pick (EDM)
EDM
SJS
    Clear d log jam
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the NJD
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the NJD
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$87,500,000$66,251,667$0$1,807,500$21,248,333
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the San Jose Sharks
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW
    RFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,450,000$1,450,000
    RW
    RFA - 1
    $1,550,000$1,550,000
    C, LW
    RFA
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $941,667$941,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
    RW, C
    RFA - 2
    $828,333$828,333 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
    LW
    RFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    C
    RFA
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    RW
    UFA
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RW, C
    RFA
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RD
    UFA
    $2,350,000$2,350,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LD
    RFA
    $950,000$950,000
    RD
    RFA
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $950,000$950,000
    RW, LW
    RFA
    $950,000$950,000
    RD
    RFA
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 7 at 3:51 p.m.
    You and I are very much on a similar mindset, I would argue if we have Smith and Celebrini (please hockey gods) that another year in NCAA would be smart, but I doubt either ever play in the AHL! Musty is either a sharks or back with his junior club. He can’t play AHL till 25/26. I would Give Musty 9 games and decide if he is ready or not then make a decision.
    I also like Zadina, his B game has gotten better and his confidence is growing he has put together a solid 2nd half and I feel he could break out next year or at the very least be a solid bottom 6 guy.
    RecycleShark and Letsgosharks liked this.
    Apr. 7 at 4:10 p.m.
    Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
    You and I are very much on a similar mindset, I would argue if we have Smith and Celebrini (please hockey gods) that another year in NCAA would be smart, but I doubt either ever play in the AHL! Musty is either a sharks or back with his junior club. He can’t play AHL till 25/26. I would Give Musty 9 games and decide if he is ready or not then make a decision.
    I also like Zadina, his B game has gotten better and his confidence is growing he has put together a solid 2nd half and I feel he could break out next year or at the very least be a solid bottom 6 guy.

Agree to disagree on Zadina, I just think that I would rather gushchin or kostin in the top 9 above him. Smith and Celebrini back to college is also fine, Honestly, Musty I would almost rather have in the NHL than his junior club, just because I dont think he has anything else to learn in the OHL
    Apr. 7 at 4:13 p.m.
    Grierless Sharks Fan
    Roy signing here will take a 7x7 or 8x7 imo.
    We are not an attractive destination. We're still arguably downtrending.

This team sucks. We're not going to compete for years and I'm deeply concerned that will impact player development/confidence.
    I agree we're a #1 D and another top six forward prospect away from being decent.

Patient path is all we have at the moment.
    Letsgosharks liked this.
    Apr. 7 at 4:14 p.m.
    Grierless Sharks Fan

Zadina is such a weird player. Absolutely stacked skillwise, but never seems to be able to get there. He's like a loading bar stuck at 90%.
    Apr. 7 at 4:14 p.m.
    Quoting: goodfella
    Roy signing here will take a 7x7 or 8x7 imo.
    We are not an attractive destination. We're still arguably downtrending.

This team sucks. We're not going to compete for years and I'm deeply concerned that will impact player development/confidence.
    I agree we're a #1 D and another top six forward prospect away from being decent.

Patient path is all we have at the moment.

I wouldn't be interested in Roy at that value, He was more of a place holder of a Dman we should buy in free agency, but yes, this team sucks, but it makes no sense to try to make a team that is a little less sucky via free agency

I do absolutely agree with you that losing will affect development and that is a major worry of mine
    Apr. 7 at 4:15 p.m.
    Zadina is such a weird player. Absolutely stacked skillwise, but never seems to be able to get there. He's like a loading bar stuck at 90%.

Yeah he makes no sense to me either, one night he has 4 points, the other he looks like he should be scratched
    Apr. 7 at 4:16 p.m.
    Grierless Sharks Fan
    Quoting: Letsgosharks
    Yeah he makes no sense to me either, one night he has 4 points, the other he looks like he should be scratched

Linemates are a valid point, but he also is too. Weird guy. I'd love to get him on a 3 year deal at 2m.
    Letsgosharks liked this.
    Apr. 7 at 4:17 p.m.
    Grierless Sharks Fan
    I wouldn't be interested in Roy at that value, He was more of a place holder of a Dman we should buy in free agency, but yes, this team sucks, but it makes no sense to try to make a team that is a little less sucky via free agency

I do absolutely agree with you that losing will affect development and that is a major worry of mine

Cap is going to go up, that deal won't end up being that bad long term. I know what you mean though. Arguably overpaid.
    Apr. 7 at 4:18 p.m.
    Cap is going to go up, that deal won't end up being that bad long term. I know what you mean though. Arguably overpaid.

I just think that that deal could look ugly on the last couple years of it, Roy plays a physical game, I just feel like the 7+m deals to aging players are exactly the deals Grier made a massive effort to get out of
    Rob32sjsharks liked this.
    Apr. 7 at 4:20 p.m.

Another approach would be that we could try to make an effort to improve the team via UFAs/Trades to a threshold of maybe a 30ish win season, but then we wont have space for guys like bords/gush in the lineup which at this point and at their age we need to give them a chance to prove their worth
    Apr. 7 at 4:37 p.m.
    RecycleShark
    Looks good! Well thought out.

I like the "Lund' line and the "Russian" line.

I agree with Rob that Celebrini and Smith probably won't play in the AHL. Don't know if they should spend another year in the NCAA. Better to win in college or lose in the NHL? Maybe another year in the NCAA would be good for their development and get the Sharks a higher pick in 2025. But I'm not as patient as you. smile

I'm not optimistic about Couture's health. Lafferty would be a great replacement.

Roy is a good signing. I suggest some additional upgrades on defense. I'm not confident in Addison, Emberson, or Rutta. Even Thrun might need more AHL time. As you said, Ferraro's not a true top pairing D either.

If Edmonton would really do that deal, the Sharks would jump on it. Helps the Sharks reach the floor too.

I'd probably keep Blackwood at the 2025 TDL, but we'll see how his season goes.

It's getting harder and harder to think up realistic (or even unrealistic) Sharks trades for Capfriendly. Not much of value left to trade that we'd want to trade. Keep all picks and prospects. Keep Eklund and Zetterlund. Maybe take on some more capdumps for picks. Sign some decent UFA's, if any would sign with the Sharks. Guess Sharks fans will all have to be patient until our prospects arrive.
    Letsgosharks liked this.
    Apr. 7 at 4:50 p.m.
    Quoting: RecycleShark
    Looks good! Well thought out.

I like the "Lund' line and the "Russian" line.

I agree with Rob that Celebrini and Smith probably won't play in the AHL. Don't know if they should spend another year in the NCAA. Better to win in college or lose in the NHL? Maybe another year in the NCAA would be good for their development and get the Sharks a higher pick in 2025. But I'm not as patient as you. smile

I'm not optimistic about Couture's health. Lafferty would be a great replacement.

Roy is a good signing. I suggest some additional upgrades on defense. I'm not confident in Addison, Emberson, or Rutta. Even Thrun might need more AHL time. As you said, Ferraro's not a true top pairing D either.

If Edmonton would really do that deal, the Sharks would jump on it. Helps the Sharks reach the floor too.

I'd probably keep Blackwood at the 2025 TDL, but we'll see how his season goes.

It's getting harder and harder to think up realistic (or even unrealistic) Sharks trades for Capfriendly. Not much of value left to trade that we'd want to trade. Keep all picks and prospects. Keep Eklund and Zetterlund. Maybe take on some more capdumps for picks. Sign some decent UFA's, if any would sign with the Sharks. Guess Sharks fans will all have to be patient until our prospects arrive.

Hahaha I didn't even notice the Lund and Russian thing.

I am on the fence about Smith and if we draft Celebrini, in my eyes they have achieved everything they can in the
    NCAA, so I would rather have them move into the AHL, but if they wont then I guess the NHL?

Me either about Couture, but that is easily addressed in my opinion with a Center signing.

About the defense, Roy is definitely the kind of player Grier likes, so I imagine we at least offer him. I think that we may go after another RHD, but I am confident in playing Thrun and Muk as our 2 and 3 LD men, with emberson or addison as our 3rd dman.

I really want to try to do that Campbell deal.

I have no idea what to do to be completely honest, the only trades I come up with are dealing Gush or bords, but I think that makes absolutely no sense as we haven't seen what they can do yet and that could REALLY back fire.
    RecycleShark liked this.
    Apr. 7 at 10:50 p.m.
    Hahaha I didn't even notice the Lund and Russian thing.

I am on the fence about Smith and if we draft Celebrini, in my eyes they have achieved everything they can in the
    NCAA, so I would rather have them move into the AHL, but if they wont then I guess the NHL?

Me either about Couture, but that is easily addressed in my opinion with a Center signing.

About the defense, Roy is definitely the kind of player Grier likes, so I imagine we at least offer him. I think that we may go after another RHD, but I am confident in playing Thrun and Muk as our 2 and 3 LD men, with emberson or addison as our 3rd dman.

I really want to try to do that Campbell deal.

I have no idea what to do to be completely honest, the only trades I come up with are dealing Gush or bords, but I think that makes absolutely no sense as we haven't seen what they can do yet and that could REALLY back fire.

I like Embersom and Thrun, they are not stars but they are developing well and we should not take this season into account as a whole, look at the highs and know the lows will be reduced with experience.
    Letsgosharks liked this.
    Apr. 7 at 11:32 p.m.
    I like Embersom and Thrun, they are not stars but they are developing well and we should not take this season into account as a whole, look at the highs and know the lows will be reduced with experience.

I honestly really like Thrun
    Apr. 8 at 12:55 a.m.
    Grierless Sharks Fan
    Another approach would be that we could try to make an effort to improve the team via UFAs/Trades to a threshold of maybe a 30ish win season, but then we wont have space for guys like bords/gush in the lineup which at this point and at their age we need to give them a chance to prove their worth

Just throw the money at Reinhart if FLA wins.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll