SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Early First Round Mock Bold Takes

Early First Round Mock Bold Takes

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: SpiderSpiderSpider28
Published: Apr. 8 at 11:04 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Best Pla yer Available by far, San Jose gets a stud
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-I saw a scout mention somewhere that Chicago really likes Dickinson
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
4Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus has a great prospect pool everywhere, but I think they'd like to go with a high ceiling defenseman here.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Montreal won't pass on the high-end Russian winger twice, they make out like Kings with this pick
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-A team that likes to take big players takes a big player
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa fills a need at RHD with a guy who has an enormous ceiling
8Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary walks away with this year's biggest riser and a player that the fanbase will be ecstatic to select
9Logo of the Seattle Kraken-A team with a really deep pool decides to take a swing at a big D with high upside
10Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo has everything they could want in their prospect pool, so they go for a high floor/high ceiling, very smart winger who should be able to improve their middle six in the very near future
11Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Outside of Hughes New Jersey doesn't really have a great young pool of LHD, they walk away with a crazy value pick here
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philly would be estatic to take a high end Center prospect in a year where they're picking a lot lower than anticipated
13Logo of the Washington Capitals-I think Washington would ideally prefer to go defenseman here, but Center is also a long term need and they get a guy with a lot of desirable attributes in Helenius
14Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minnesota goes with a guy who's a late riser and has a higher ceiling than he gets credit for
15Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsSan Jose will be very happy to add a big RHD with high upside at their second pick
16Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Because of course Detroit ends up with Eiserman at 16. All jokes aside: I think he falls harder than people are ready for come draft day, but I think the Red Wings are the perfect team for him
17Logo of the New York Islanders-A big, smart forward with high offensive upside seems like a very "Islanders" pick to me
18Logo of the St. Louis Blues-The Blues take a guy who can play Center, skates well and has good puck skills, high ceiling for a guy taken this late
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-VGK like big defenseman, Shakan is a guy I could see fill a bottom-4 role for them in the near future
20Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-A bit off the board, but I think LA would be happy to add a LHD with excellent skating ability
21Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningChicago doubles down on adding to the blue line in this draft with a big high-motor RHD
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-I'm not as high on Boisvert, but the talent is hard to deny and I think he's the exact type of prospect Nashville will look for
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Even though it's never been Treliving's MO to go tools over brains, I think Elick is the sort of guy who Toronto would adore to have on their blue line if he pans out
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersFor a prospect and young player pool that is already stupid stacked, they have no reason to not take swings at guys with very high upside (not to mention RW is a slight need)
25Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsAnother team loaded with young talent, Montreal adds another big blue line prospect who has shown some promise in the SHL as an 18 year old
26Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida PanthersA team who values size and defensive prowess goes with a player who oozes both here
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-For the 2nd year in a row, Colorado gets ridiculous value at the end of the 1st round
28Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver CanucksCalgary adds another big, high energy forward here after getting 3 blue line prospects back at the TDL
29Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Carolina is not afraid to draft smaller guys and have a very analytics heavy approach to talent evaluation. Misa seems to fit like a glove here for them
30Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston BruinsAfter going D with their 1st pick, Ottawa grabs a toolsy forward at the end of the 1st round
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas could use D prospects more than forward, and walk away with a big right shot guy with this pick
32Logo of the New York Rangers-Finally, NYR closes out the 1st round by addressing positional need with a high ceiling player
Apr. 8 at 11:15 a.m.
I think Washington goes with Eiserman if he is still on the board when they are up. They need to get more people that can put the puck in the net considering most of their young talent (outside of leonard and miro) are more so pass first players
Apr. 8 at 11:25 a.m.
Solid takes. Only thing I would change is Buium and Yakemchuk. cant imagine anyone taking Yakemchuk when Buium is still available
Buium is equal if not greater upside with much less risk
Apr. 8 at 11:55 a.m.
Quoting: Logicalicesports
I think Washington goes with Eiserman if he is still on the board when they are up. They need to get more people that can put the puck in the net considering most of their young talent (outside of leonard and miro) are more so pass first players

Washington was one of the harder teams to decide on. I considered Eiserman there, but ultimately decided that between Miro and Leonard being goal scoring wingers and their Center depth being OK at best that Helenius made more sense
Apr. 8 at 11:56 a.m.
Quoting: SolarHarbor
Solid takes. Only thing I would change is Buium and Yakemchuk. cant imagine anyone taking Yakemchuk when Buium is still available
Buium is equal if not greater upside with much less risk

After posting this I think picks 9-11 are the ones I'd like to change the most, so I think you're right. I think Seattle going Buium, Buffalo going Yakemchuk and New Jersey going Bransegg-Nygard makes way more sense for all teams involved then what I originally posted
Apr. 8 at 3:34 p.m.
Quoting: SpiderSpiderSpider28
Washington was one of the harder teams to decide on. I considered Eiserman there, but ultimately decided that between Miro and Leonard being goal scoring wingers and their Center depth being OK at best that Helenius made more sense

Yes but I do think they will be looking to have 3-4 options for true goal scorers on the team, as their lack of scoring right now is far too obvious
Apr. 8 at 4:30 p.m.
Hawks don't need LHD guys. Alex Vlasic, at 22 years old in his first season, is playing top line against the toughest competition in the league and ranked in the top 3 players in the league defensively. Kevin Korchinski, at 19 years old, is the youngest defender in the league and playing right behind Alex. Hawks have at least 3 prospects ready to fill the 3rd line.

We can use a RHD or forwards in the top 6
Apr. 8 at 6:33 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Hawks don't need LHD guys. Alex Vlasic, at 22 years old in his first season, is playing top line against the toughest competition in the league and ranked in the top 3 players in the league defensively. Kevin Korchinski, at 19 years old, is the youngest defender in the league and playing right behind Alex. Hawks have at least 3 prospects ready to fill the 3rd line.

We can use a RHD or forwards in the top 6

Chicago is literally the only team on this list whose pick I based off of seeing a scout mention who they like (Dickinson). Without that criticism in mind I'd guess they probably take Demidov here
ChiHawk liked this.
Apr. 8 at 9:22 p.m.
Quoting: SpiderSpiderSpider28
Chicago is literally the only team on this list whose pick I based off of seeing a scout mention who they like (Dickinson). Without that criticism in mind I'd guess they probably take Demidov here

1000%

Levshunov, Demidov, Lindstrom or Eiserman. Don't think Eiserman is going to fall that low and he would be deadly next to Bedard

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll