SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

24 for fun

24 for fun

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: AStovetop
Published: Apr. 8 at 4:08 p.m.
Description
It took literally 16 tries to get the 1st overall to be SJ which is what I'm simulating
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the San Jose SharksSan Jose Sharks (1→1)
  2. Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames (8→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Yes
2Logo of the Calgary Flames-Not too sure what CGY would do at 2. LD seems to be a bigger need but I think Demidov is too good to pass up
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Same thinking as CGY but Silayev may be the best option
4Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Can't see Levshunov falling much more and Ducks would likely want a RHD after losing Drysdale
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-I think they'd want a offensive 2C here but could see maybe a LD as well
6Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Seems like MTL fans really want him and seems like a likely place to fall
7Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-A true puckmoving RHD seems to be their biggest need
8Logo of the Ottawa Senators-I think he'd be a steal here and if they do plan on moving Chabot, Buium would be an excellent successor
9Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle is likely going BPA and this would be the best bet for a potential steal at 9th overall
10Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-BUF fans let me know if i'm way off here, but this seems like the most sensible thing considering they have a lot of young Forwards and not a ton D-prospects. Maybe Yakemchuk over him since they're pretty light on RHD
11Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Exactly what NJ needs, a guy who can grind and do the dirty work that some NJ forwards seem to be adverse to
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Losing Cutter hurts their forward prospect group quite a bit outside of Michkov. They'd maybe hope Helenius would transition to Center?
13Logo of the Washington Capitals-THIS IS A SHARKS PICK - Sharks trade up two spots with the 15th overall + Chmelevski for the 13th overall and a 2025 3rd (WSH has three 3rds). Sharks need a good RHD prospect that can be a very good puck mover
14Logo of the Minnesota Wild-BPA
15Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsWSH PICK - Again BPA imo and from here on it's pretty hard to predict so I'll stop there
16Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
17Logo of the New York Islanders-
18Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
20Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
21Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
25Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
26Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida Panthers
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
28Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
29Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
30Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston Bruins
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-
32Logo of the New York Rangers-
Apr. 8 at 4:28 p.m.
Hawks don't need LHD guys. Alex Vlasic, at 22 years old in his first season, is playing top line against the toughest competition in the league and ranked in the top 3 players in the league defensively. Kevin Korchinski, at 19 years old, is the youngest defender in the league and playing right behind Alex. Hawks have at least 3 prospects ready to fill the 3rd line.

We can use a RHD or forwards in the top 6
Apr. 8 at 4:54 p.m.
Stovetop
Quoting: ChiHawk
Hawks don't need LHD guys. Alex Vlasic, at 22 years old in his first season, is playing top line against the toughest competition in the league and ranked in the top 3 players in the league defensively. Kevin Korchinski, at 19 years old, is the youngest defender in the league and playing right behind Alex. Hawks have at least 3 prospects ready to fill the 3rd line.

We can use a RHD or forwards in the top 6

That makes more sense. I was thinking Korchinski was a RHD for some reason which is why I went with a LD.

In that case it may be:
- CHI - Levshunov/Catton
- ANA - Levshunov/Catton (whoever CHI doesn't pick)
- CBJ - Silayev
ChiHawk liked this.
Apr. 8 at 5:04 p.m.
Quoting: AStovetop
That makes more sense. I was thinking Korchinski was a RHD for some reason which is why I went with a LD.

In that case it may be:
- CHI - Levshunov/Catton
- ANA - Levshunov/Catton (whoever CHI doesn't pick)
- CBJ - Silayev

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lindstrom on their draft board either.
Apr. 9 at 8:01 a.m.
I don't see Eiserman as the BPA at 9. Besides that, Seattle has lots of wingers. Dickinson would be the obvious choice here, maybe even Yakemchuk if they prioritize RHD.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll