2023 Look Back

2023 Look Back

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: SlapShotOvi
Published: Apr. 17 at 11:13 a.m.
Apr. 17 at 11:46 a.m.
I agree the top 8 don not change whatsoever. All the Simashev hate is crazy
Apr. 17 at 2:12 p.m.
I was just looking at his point totals and they are not all that impressive. Although I know that he was the high ceiling pick, why do you think he still deserves to be picked at 6? Not challenging you or anything just wanna know what the thought process is
Apr. 17 at 2:28 p.m.
Joe
I like Danielson, but he's not over guys like Benson or Perreault. Definitely top-20, probably 15-19, tho
Apr. 19 at 2:13 a.m.
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
I like Danielson, but he's not over guys like Benson or Perreault. Definitely top-20, probably 15-19, tho

Yeah cause Benson has been so impressive this year. And he's 4 feet tall. And Buffalo's busy destroying his development. You're sleeping on Nate. You'll see...
Apr. 19 at 7:30 a.m.
Joe
Edited Apr. 19 at 8:21 a.m.
Quoting: RedWing9119
Yeah cause Benson has been so impressive this year. And he's 4 feet tall. And Buffalo's busy destroying his development. You're sleeping on Nate. You'll see...

Zach Benson has 30 points in the NHL as an 18 year old. He's also taller than Alex DeBrincat.

I like Danielson as a prospect, but you're letting your bias get the better of you if you don't think Benson has had a better D+1 than him. Take into account that he was widely regarded as a better prospect than him; Benson is better than Danielson.
Apr. 19 at 2:13 p.m.
Zach Benson has 30 points in the NHL as an 18 year old. He's also taller than Alex DeBrincat.

I like Danielson as a prospect, but you're letting your bias get the better of you if you don't think Benson has had a better D+1 than him. Take into account that he was widely regarded as a better prospect than him; Benson is better than Danielson.

Nope. And there is no objective way you can actually prove youre right except to point out the fact that the dumb Sabres rushed yet another prospect into their line up too soon. Maybe you didnt watch the preseason but Danielson was just as impressive as Benson in camp. The difference is the Wings arent stupid enough to risk the health and development of their young players. If i didnt know any better id guess you are Evan from the Winged Wheel podcast. Oh and btw Benson is not taller than Alex just because Buffalo says he is. Hes tiny and he'll always be that way. We already have too many tiny forwards. Like I said you're sleeping on Nate.
Apr. 19 at 3:06 p.m.
Joe
Edited Apr. 19 at 3:22 p.m.
Nope. And there is no objective way you can actually prove youre right except to point out the fact that the dumb Sabres rushed yet another prospect into their line up too soon. Maybe you didnt watch the preseason but Danielson was just as impressive as Benson in camp. The difference is the Wings arent stupid enough to risk the health and development of their young players. If i didnt know any better id guess you are Evan from the Winged Wheel podcast. Oh and btw Benson is not taller than Alex just because Buffalo says he is. Hes tiny and he'll always be that way. We already have too many tiny forwards. Like I said you're sleeping on Nate.

> Listed at 5'10" on the NHL
"The organization is lying to you."
Also, once again, why does his height matter? Clearly wasn't an issue since he literally just put up 30P as an 18 year old.

Also, once again, I like Danielson as a prospect, however saying that he has been better than Benson since the draft just means you're biased. Like actually there's no other reason.
Apr. 19 at 9:23 p.m.
> Listed at 5'10" on the NHL
"The organization is lying to you."
Also, once again, why does his height matter? Clearly wasn't an issue since he literally just put up 30P as an 18 year old.

Also, once again, I like Danielson as a prospect, however saying that he has been better than Benson since the draft just means you're biased. Like actually there's no other reason.

Ok dude, I tried to be nice but I'm tired of your dumb characterization of my argument. Since you seem to be thick, let me spell it out for you; you can't compare his season to anybody else's because no one else was stupid enough to put an 18 year old in the lineup. 2023 was an insane draft and my guess half of the 1st rd class could have made it. Who gives a crap about his 30 points? Is that impressive? We don't actually know because again, no one is as dumb as Buffalo. Also, if I have to explain to why it matters that he's tiny then this conversation is useless. And if you think that NHL teams don't lie about their players size than I have a bridge to sell you.
Apr. 19 at 9:39 p.m.
Joe
Ok dude, I tried to be nice but I'm tired of your dumb characterization of my argument. Since you seem to be thick, let me spell it out for you; you can't compare his season to anybody else's because no one else was stupid enough to put an 18 year old in the lineup. 2023 was an insane draft and my guess half of the 1st rd class could have made it. Who gives a crap about his 30 points? Is that impressive? We don't actually know because again, no one is as dumb as Buffalo. Also, if I have to explain to why it matters that he's tiny then this conversation is useless. And if you think that NHL teams don't lie about their players size than I have a bridge to sell you.

So this is what it's like arguing against Wings fans on this site.
Good lord I can see why we have such a bad rap.
Apr. 19 at 9:52 p.m.
So this is what it's like arguing against Wings fans on this site.
Good lord I can see why we have such a bad rap.

Yikes, do you know what irony is? I disagreed with you in a friendly manner and your response was to completely disregard my argument and call me biased. Children argue like that, I know I raised three. I suggest you stick to the facts and don't try dishonest stuff like deliberately mischarcterizing someones argument. This place has enough of that already.
Apr. 19 at 10:08 p.m.
Joe
Yikes, do you know what irony is? I disagreed with you in a friendly manner and your response was to completely disregard my argument and call me biased. Children argue like that, I know I raised three. I suggest you stick to the facts and don't try dishonest stuff like deliberately mischarcterizing someones argument. This place has enough of that already.

I mean, you haven't been able to provide anything that would reasonably place Danielson above Benson; only criticizing Buffalo for having him rostered and him being short. By the way, 30P in the NHL in your D+1 season is actually very impressive, and thinking otherwise is lunacy.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll