SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

What is Tanev's trade value?

Jul. 23, 2017 at 12:52 a.m.
Chris Tanev is Vancouver's biggest trade chip, and fans of Vancouver can only imagine what gold trader Jim can get back for him, considering he managed to fleece Ottawa and got dahlen. Tanev is one of the league'a best defensive defenseman, he has good shot suppression stats, and there is one specific stat that really stands out.

Shots allowed 5v5 per hour relative to team. Basically the difference of shots the opposing team takes when he is on the ice subtracted to the amount of shots the players team averages when he's not. (I am pretty sure)
Chris Tanev
2014-15 1st in league
2015-16 1st in league
2016-17 6th in league
Tanev dipped this year because he was split from Edler, who is a slightly above average defensive defenseman, and had been paired up with Sbisa who is god awful

GM's of the league are aware of how good he is. What could Vancouver fetch back for him on 17/18 deadline? if he waives his NMC (which is not unlikely). What teams would like a top 4 RHD.?
Jul. 23, 2017 at 12:57 a.m.
If they cculd get anything...

Dan Girardi
Recording of Flyers Fans throwing braclets
Marc Staal's helmet
Garth Snow
Taro Tusjimoto
Trading for Dummies by Dave Nonis
Rights to Zac Rinaldo
A happy meal
A conditional 1st round pick
An actual good NHL player/prospect
Jul. 23, 2017 at 1:08 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Pretty high ... probably Kapanen, Dermott and a 2nd might be able to get Tanev to Toronto.
Jul. 23, 2017 at 3:25 a.m.
There should be teams definitely interested. Toronto, Buffalo, and Dallas are teams that could make a move here. Question is:

Toronto: does Tanev fit in with their long term cap plans?
Buffalo: after getting Scandella and Beaulieu, do they need to give up the assets for Tanev
Dallas: again, after acquiring Methot, is there a need for Tanev anymore?
Jul. 23, 2017 at 12:03 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7
There should be teams definitely interested. Toronto, Buffalo, and Dallas are teams that could make a move here. Question is:

Toronto: does Tanev fit in with their long term cap plans?
Buffalo: after getting Scandella and Beaulieu, do they need to give up the assets for Tanev
Dallas: again, after acquiring Methot, is there a need for Tanev anymore?

yeah, i think the last thing Dallas needs is defence. Dallas needs forwards more than anything at this point ... they could maybe use a new goalie to backup Bishop. But they have Klingberg, Lindell, Johns, Hamhuis (who i think is still a good player, just not the player he was 5 years ago), and then Oleksiak isn't a great player at NHL level but he's a good, 3rd pairing D. Then they have Methot now. And Pateryn and Nemeth might be their extras ... but then eventually they'll have Heiskanen and Honka, so i think they should actually move out a D in the next few years. Now they don't need 1st line help, but maybe a lower line forward. Sure, they have Benn, Seguin, Radulov, Spezza, Faksa, and Hanzal. But after that it really falls off. Sure, Roussell's an okay 3rd liner (as much as i hate him), and then they have Ritchie. But i'm not sure if they have enough scorers after the very top of the forward group.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll