Forums/Armchair-GM

Future Powerplay and draftpick

Created by: gdhvbhfbngf
Team: 2025-26 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 27, 2024
Published: Apr. 27, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I really like Larkin in the bumper position and therefore want the playmaker to be on the leftside dictating the play.

Raymond havent played on the leftside and dictated play, but hopefully he can learn that postion.

On the rightside, a lefthanded player with the onetimer. Drafted Eiserman, but if Raymond cant play the leftside on the PP, it doesnt make sense drafting a lefthanded sniper. Better pick in that case would be a more wellrounded leftforward or RD.

I personally like the Tampa umbrella setup when both the playmaker and the sniper being a threat to shoot a onetimer.

Maybe Detroit is thinking Danielson on the left dictating and onetimer threat, Larkin in the bumper and Raymond on the right.

Who are you drafting this year?
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$950,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$8,000,000
2$8,500,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Eiserman, Cole
3$950,000
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the STL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
10$89,500,000$58,243,055$0$2,850,000$31,256,945
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$905,833$905,833
LW
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RW, LW
RFA
Eiserman, Cole
$950,000$950,000
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NTC
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000
RD
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,500,000$8,500,000
RD
RFA
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
G
RFA - 1
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
C
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
C
RFA - 1
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 27 at 6:00 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
Detroit is supposed to have 15OA no shot eiserman falls that far. He may have some decent sized kinks in his game but his shot and goal scoring abilities alone will get him a top 10 selection.
Apr. 27 at 7:53 a.m.
Quoting: Dekes
Detroit is supposed to have 15OA no shot eiserman falls that far. He may have some decent sized kinks in his game but his shot and goal scoring abilities alone will get him a top 10 selection.

He is probably gone at 15, but snipers usually falls in the draft. In 2022, Lekkerimaki and Kemell were drafted in the teens when they potentially couldve been picked in the top10. Like Sandin-Pellikka, Eiserman would add something they dont already have in their prospect pool.
Apr. 27 at 8:30 a.m.
Heard a couple comparisons of Eiserman to Laine.

... Which reads like he's not an Yzerman/Draper guy at all.
Apr. 27 at 11:07 a.m.
Quoting: DanielSan92
Heard a couple comparisons of Eiserman to Laine.

... Which reads like he's not an Yzerman/Draper guy at all.

If Eiserman is a Laine-type player then I'm not interested. Guy need atleast have to forecheck and bring some competitiveness to the game, no matter how good his shot is
Apr. 27 at 12:13 p.m.
If for some reason we win the lottery and have our choice, I take Catton. Silayev is tempting as well though, big shut down D that can skate are hard to come by. Around #15 though there are some interesting players. MBN w would be a top choice for me. Connolly and Greentree wouldn't be bad either.
Apr. 27 at 12:28 p.m.
MBN and Chernyshov both fit the Yzerman/Draper mold of hard working players.

Both also fit a need as bigger wingers that play with some edge. We’ve got a lot of small guys. Even Mazur is edgy but not big.
Apr. 27 at 1:31 p.m.
Quoting: Lancebmx
If for some reason we win the lottery and have our choice, I take Catton. Silayev is tempting as well though, big shut down D that can skate are hard to come by. Around #15 though there are some interesting players. MBN w would be a top choice for me. Connolly and Greentree wouldn't be bad either.

Quoting: DanielSan92
MBN and Chernyshov both fit the Yzerman/Draper mold of hard working players.

Both also fit a need as bigger wingers that play with some edge. We’ve got a lot of small guys. Even Mazur is edgy but not big.

Similar thoughts. A future Top 4: Silayev-Seider and Edvinsson-ASP would be 🔥

MBN is a Red Wing if he's still available when we pick. I could bet on that💯. Right handed sniper who plays hard along the boards & great two-way player.
Apr. 27 at 1:36 p.m.
Quoting: Shaquille_Oatmeal
Similar thoughts. A future Top 4: Silayev-Seider and Edvinsson-ASP would be 🔥

MBN is a Red Wing if he's still available when we pick. I could bet on that💯. Right handed sniper who plays hard along the boards & great two-way player.

I know prospects can be traded but having all our LHD that we drafted would kind of be a waste. I think I take Catton first. He could be any elite offensive forward that plays a strong 200 foot game. I might be a little biased since he's from my city.
Shaquille_Oatmeal liked this.
Apr. 27 at 2:03 p.m.
Quoting: Lancebmx

Connelly is my first choice, but its because I want the PP to have a righthanded shot on the leftside and a lefthanded shot on the rightside. If they are not going with that PP setup then Brandsegg-Nygaard is my pick if Mazur is projected as a righthanded LW. I was very high on Jiricek, but I dont know where he is at after only playing 19 gm. They should take Silayev if he slips to 15
Apr. 27 at 2:32 p.m.
Quoting: gdhvbhfbngf
Connelly is my first choice, but its because I want the PP to have a righthanded shot on the leftside and a lefthanded shot on the rightside. If they are not going with that PP setup then Brandsegg-Nygaard is my pick if Mazur is projected as a righthanded LW. I was very high on Jiricek, but I dont know where he is at after only playing 19 gm. They should take Silayev if he slips to 15

I agree with the powerplay set up. Those seem to be the most lethal. I was pretty high on Jiricek as well but I think we need a high end forward more than a defensemen right now.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll