Forums/Armchair-GM

Goaler

Created by: LGRWinLA
Team: 2024-25 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 30, 2024
Published: Apr. 30, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This is what I would like to see happen. The Ullmark trade is a bit rich, but would need to be to move out Husso. But it would be worth it if we get an extension agreement. This gives us 3 years of contending to bring up the kids slowly as injuries happen.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$975,000
8$7,750,000
8$8,700,000
3$1,150,000
3$1,150,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$7,000,000
3$4,500,000
3$1,500,000
Trades
DET
    Any team, Future considerations.
    SJS
    1. Holl, Justin
    2. 2024 5th round pick (DET)
    DET
    1. Ullmark, Linus
    Additional Details:
    (Contract extension in place.)
    BOS
    1. Husso, Ville
    2. Wallinder, William
    3. 2025 1st round pick (DET)
    4. 2025 4th round pick (BOS)
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DAL
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the NJD
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the DET
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$87,500,000$87,476,807$0$850,000$23,193
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
    $7,875,000$7,875,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $8,700,000$8,700,000
    C
    NTC
    UFA - 7
    $7,750,000$7,750,000
    RW, LW
    RFA
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    LW, C
    UFA
    $5,100,000$5,100,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RW
    UFA
    $3,200,000$3,200,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 4
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    C, LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $1,150,000$1,150,000
    RW, LW
    RFA
    Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
    $2,375,000$2,375,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,150,000$1,150,000
    C
    RFA
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $8,700,000$8,700,000
    RD
    RFA
    Logo of the Boston Bruins
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LD
    RFA - 2
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $900,000$900,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $975,000$975,000
    LD
    RFA
    $2,343,750$2,343,750
    RD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 30 at 2:51 p.m.
    Danny B is here
    Flyers decline
    Apr. 30 at 2:52 p.m.
    Sharks decline. Takes more than a 5th to dump Holl.
    Apr. 30 at 2:54 p.m.
    Rather keep Hathaway than trade him for almost double salary Fabbri.
    GMDannyB liked this.
    Apr. 30 at 2:56 p.m.
    Take out Husso
    Apr. 30 at 3:08 p.m.
    Quoting: GMDannyB
    Flyers decline

What's the reason? Is it that he's younger or scores more? Even while injured he doubled Hathaway's numbers. Seems like a pretty good upgrade for the Flyers.
    Apr. 30 at 3:10 p.m.
    Quoting: Ujeje
    Rather keep Hathaway than trade him for almost double salary Fabbri.

Double the scoring for 1/3 more cost.
    Apr. 30 at 3:11 p.m.
    Danny B is here
    Quoting: LGRWinLA
    What's the reason? Is it that he's younger or scores more? Even while injured he doubled Hathaway's numbers. Seems like a pretty good upgrade for the Flyers.

He’s not worth double the salary of Hathaway and Hathaway plays the role the flyers need him to perfectly. Fabbri would just be another 3rd line that they have plenty of
    LGRWinLA liked this.
    Apr. 30 at 3:12 p.m.
    Quoting: Newgod77
    Take out Husso

That's what I'm trying to do. But no Husso no draft picks. That's where the value lies.
    Apr. 30 at 3:22 p.m.
    Double the scoring for 1/3 more cost.

Math ain't your strong point clearly, 2,35M vs 4M. And as mentioned, we have enough 3rd line "scorers". Hathaway brings grit and plays PK aswell. Something you can't say about Fabbri.
    LGRWinLA liked this.
    Apr. 30 at 3:26 p.m.
    Good nerd
    That's what I'm trying to do. But no Husso no draft picks. That's where the value lies.

Obviously you'd need to change things in your ACGM to be cap compliant, but if you took out the 4th rounder, would you consider retaining on Husso for 1 year? Wallinder and a 1st is solid value, but the main reasons to move Ully would be to free up a big chunk of cap space for this offseason and to move up in the 2024 draft. This deal does not do either of those things, but the overall value is better than most proposals I have seen. But maybe some retention on Husso makes it more palatable for the Bs? Maybe you could throw the 4th to another team to do the retention for you. I'd love to see him at 3.25m or less, but that much retention in the offseason probably costs more than a 4th.
    Apr. 30 at 3:35 p.m.
    Quoting: tupty
    Obviously you'd need to change things in your ACGM to be cap compliant, but if you took out the 4th rounder, would you consider retaining on Husso for 1 year? Wallinder and a 1st is solid value, but the main reasons to move Ully would be to free up a big chunk of cap space for this offseason and to move up in the 2024 draft. This deal does not do either of those things, but the overall value is better than most proposals I have seen. But maybe some retention on Husso makes it more palatable for the Bs? Maybe you could throw the 4th to another team to do the retention for you. I'd love to see him at 3.25m or less, but that much retention in the offseason probably costs more than a 4th.

I would gladly involve a third party to make it work. My initial build had a half retention, but I couldn't get a full roster that way. I know that a true hockey trade would involve so discomfort from both teams, that's just how it works.
    Apr. 30 at 5:17 p.m.

My perspective is wallinder and a 2nd would net Ullmark. The difference between the first and the second is Boston’s payment for taking Husso.
    LGRWinLA liked this.
    Apr. 30 at 9:08 p.m.
    Good nerd
    I would gladly involve a third party to make it work. My initial build had a half retention, but I couldn't get a full roster that way. I know that a true hockey trade would involve so discomfort from both teams, that's just how it works.

Some discomfort for Boston's side as things stand would be missing a true top 6 F next year due to lack of cap space, paying 4.75m for a backup, and possibly losing the current heir apparent backup on waivers (his eligibility is done after this season). It makes the team worse in the short term due to cap and possibly in the long term if Bussi could have been a cheap long term backup.

Is that worth Wallinder and a 1st? Possibly, but with some retention it becomes much more palatable because it gives the Bruins more options, even including burying Husso to keep Bussi. 3rd party retaining gets this over the finish line. Maybe Wings and Bruins both send a pick to the retaining team.
    Apr. 30 at 9:10 p.m.
    Good nerd
    Quoting: Celtics21
    My perspective is wallinder and a 2nd would net Ullmark. The difference between the first and the second is Boston’s payment for taking Husso.

See my most recent comment above for my thoughts on why we need retention. Without it, we probably lose Bussi and can't afford to sign a top 6 F next year. I think it kills the deal. But we can just get a 3rd party to retain to save it.
    May 1 at 12:42 p.m.
    See my most recent comment above for my thoughts on why we need retention. Without it, we probably lose Bussi and can't afford to sign a top 6 F next year. I think it kills the deal. But we can just get a 3rd party to retain to save it.

I think we could keep Bussi as a 23rd man on the roster or even bury Husso if we wanted.

It doesn’t impact the ability to secure a top forward at all, but it does impact secondary moves to build depth with more than $2m or less players.

I do think it’s feasible to argue whether the difference between a first and second is worth taking Husso.
    May 1 at 4:07 p.m.
    Good nerd
    I think we could keep Bussi as a 23rd man on the roster or even bury Husso if we wanted.

It doesn’t impact the ability to secure a top forward at all, but it does impact secondary moves to build depth with more than $2m or less players.

I do think it’s feasible to argue whether the difference between a first and second is worth taking Husso.

I believe that in an ideal world, we need 2 top 6 F (one for Jake's spot, maybe Jake himself; the other we have platooned 3rd liners all year) and a top 4 LD. Even if we shed Ullmark's salary in full, I think we cannot target top UFAs in all 3 spots and field a competitive roster.

If we bury Husso, that is more than 3.5m in dead cap. To me, that seems far more likely thank carrying ~5.75m in cap space and 2 roster spots for backup goalies right after signing what appers to be a premier starter.

If you do either of those things, I think Don would need to moneyball 1-2 of those roster spots I mentioned, and even that will be much harder compared to this past offseason when good players had their values depressed by the cap crunch.
    May 1 at 4:11 p.m.
    I believe that in an ideal world, we need 2 top 6 F (one for Jake's spot, maybe Jake himself; the other we have platooned 3rd liners all year) and a top 4 LD. Even if we shed Ullmark's salary in full, I think we cannot target top UFAs in all 3 spots and field a competitive roster.

If we bury Husso, that is more than 3.5m in dead cap. To me, that seems far more likely thank carrying ~5.75m in cap space and 2 roster spots for backup goalies right after signing what appers to be a premier starter.

If you do either of those things, I think Don would need to moneyball 1-2 of those roster spots I mentioned, and even that will be much harder compared to this past offseason when good players had their values depressed by the cap crunch.

I believe you are going to see Lysell or Lohrei in one of those spots, but I get why you’d prefer not to add Husso. If it were Wallinder or Buium plus a 2nd, I’d rather have that than include Husso and replace the 2nd with a first,
    May 1 at 5:57 p.m.
    Good nerd
    I believe you are going to see Lysell or Lohrei in one of those spots, but I get why you’d prefer not to add Husso. If it were Wallinder or Buium plus a 2nd, I’d rather have that than include Husso and replace the 2nd with a first,

Yeah, I think I'd do that. I want to see Lohrei start the season on the 3rd pairing and Lysell on the 3rd line, and see if they can work their way up. They should both be regulars next year (I hope!), but hopefully we make them earn their way into the top 4 and top 6 respectively.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll